Sunny
High 85F
Low 62F

Monday - March 6

Run
  • 1h 28m 33s
  • 9.50 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Oops I did it again. New PR at this distance. shaved 4 min 22 seconds off of last Novembers first and only other attempt at this distance :) Legs sore today, but I am sure I could have gone a full 1/2 if I had had the time. Sunday for the R2R not looking good still.

Side note, son was better, but not well yet

38 pts today

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5

Sunday - March 5

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 12.60 miles
  • 12.60 Mi/hr

Nice long drainer ride with my son. He is fixated on monster trucks. Wanted to watch his truck movie while I rode, and play with his trucks. I broke out my old match boxes and loaned him my "crush" cars. He loved my semi truck and trailer so, I gave it to him. It truly is the little things in life, not the workouts, races etc that make it worth living. Just nice to se my "selfish" time bearing fruit. I started to tri so I could keep up with the kids, and this was just an unexpected little gem :)

12.6 ptst today

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - March 4

No workout, just a great family day. Took my daughter to her first Lockmonsters hockey game. It was a blast. She seemed to have fun. Cheered when the home team scored (early and often) and was just a riot to watch eat her "dots" icecream. She had been telling me about on of the kids in her class owning a "claw" foam hand and wanted one. Let her spend her allowence on it. At the end of the game, she asked if we could go to the meet and great with one of the players to get the hand autographed! Way cool. She just was having a good time. On the way out she decided that she wanted to buy anouther hand for her little brother. When I explained she would deplete the rest of her savings, she still said, "he needs one so he dose not feel left out". I was just so full of pride with her generousity. Granted, when we got in the store she started looking for cheeper things. ( they cost $7.50, and since she only gets $1.75 on a good week, that is a lot). I decided her generousity would be rewarded. I used her cash to buy the hand, and told her I would pay her back with the next trip to the ATM :)

Side note the game had an AWSOME first period intermision. A giant bungy was streached accross the ice. 6 people drew the bunggie back to the goals. A lady was put on a saucer sleed and hurled accross the ice into some plastic bottles, kind of like bowling. Long story short the "competition" for most nocked down was arranged by the next person down the ice as an elaborate wedding proposal. I got all wattery eyed watching. Just a big softy for the sappy side of life. BYW she said yes :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6

Friday - March 3

No workout today, my son kept the family up all night with a cold. Just wish I knew what it was earlier so I could give him meds and get the family back to bed

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5

Thursday - March 2

Run
  • 28m 16s
  • 3.20 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

Nice run around the lake. Sunrise was gorgeous!! Blisters still tender, but doable.

13 pts today... should be 15 pts

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - March 1

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 11.60 miles
  • 11.60 Mi/hr

drainer ride while the kids ate dinner. Not great but helped.

Spent the day kind of blue, could not get out of bed for the workout. Was awake, but not happening. Salveged it after work.

Just realized that last years run numbers are misleading. They were all on a dreadmill. This winter they are almost all outside. So speed improvements are not neccessarily as great as they may seem since my dreadmill is not as accurate as a measured mile :)

11.5 pts today

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - February 28

Bike
  • 20m
  • 3.70 miles
  • 11.10 Mi/hr

drainer

Run
  • 17m
  • 1.60 miles
  • 10m 38s /Mi

dreadmill. Yesterday, I tried to run without socks and Duck tape where I normaly get a blister. Better, but not the right fix. Need different brand of shoe for that. The down side was todays run with some wind sprints and socks on did result in blisters. Now no running for a few days. Will need to see if I can get outside at the end of the week.

Feb 1 year update

05                                                           06

Run 20.5 miles-3 hours 51 min                44 miles-6hours 56 min

Bike 36.9 miles-3 hours 8 min                  26.6 miles- 2 hours 33 min

wt. 231.29 Avg. for Feb.                           226.28 Avg. for Feb.

realized what I can do running with a good kick in the butt :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Ontherun's Training Log

March 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned