Patchy rain nearby
High 71F
Low 42F

Thursday - July 13

Run
  • 26m 03s
  • 3.13 miles
  • 08m 19s /Mi

I over slept again for a real long workout, so I went for a speed session instead with what little time I had. New PR. Old one was set on April 28, 2006 with a time of 26.13 Quite an improvement for me. Just love the fact all my splits were under 8.30!

One foot note to the run today. I could not find my good running shorts. Decided to run with older pair I do not like. Now I remember why. Massive leg chaifing. Threw them away before I hit the showers. Hope this will not affect my planned mt runns this weekend :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 5

Wednesday - July 12

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 9.00 miles
  • 9.00 Mi/hr

Drainer ride after work. Was just not motivated to get out of bed this morning. Wanted the 1.5 hr run, but my legs would not have liked that. Still getting them back again :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - July 11

Run
  • 40m 27s
  • 4.70 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

Got my run in today. Very important to start with them again. A little pissed. I missed a PR at this distance by 4 seconds today. Knew I was fast, but was not quite sure. Only drag was, I have started to run with socks again, and my feet were sore.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 45 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5

Monday - July 10

time for a little catchup bloggin. Sat was the funeral from hell. had lots of extra requests from the family, including having to jump down into a double deep to remove some water from the box. Only enough to be taken up by a rag. By the time I was done the family realized it was a swamp and it was not going to matter. I the process I messed up my shoulders from the big jump and climb back up. No swimming today, maybe by wed.

After funeral spent the rest of the day getting my pool pump straitended out. On sunday returned extra pump, and got ready to fix the boiler. Broke 5 of 6 bolts before getting done. Only one small leak to be finished latter

Woke up today, still sore, feel my age and then some this week. Ever since I backed off the training, I have felt beat up physicaly. My runs are still down, and that will change. Right now, if this kind of trackrecord continues, I will be turning Cranberry into a B race. I am not sure I could complete the run, and that is bad since I have a marry 6 weeks after that.

Just kind of feeling old right now, and I know that will change in a few weeks. I honestly think part of it is I have schedualed my races too few and too far apart. It seems anytime I do not race for more than 2.5 mos. I get into this funk. I will need to track it as a way to convince my wife for more races :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - July 9

Saturday - July 8

Friday - July 7

Swim
  • 17m
  • 800.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

Finaly got to wear my tinted googles, they are too cool. As for the swim the first 400 was probably my fastes 400 without a wet suit yet. Was not realy tring to go fast, but I will always try to go faster than anyone else in the water except Paul :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Ontherun's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned