• 58m 18s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 09m 24s /Mi
Swim
  • 24m 45s
  • 1408.00 yards
  • 01m 45s /100 yards

Saturday - August 26

Packed and ready!! Time to go pick up DK soon and get things moving. Just need to reign in the adrenilin so I am not taped out tommorow :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6.5

Friday - August 25

TAPER, TAPER, TAPER!

Feel like I should do something, but will resist until Sat. morning in Lakeville.

On a different note, finaly getting Broadband :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6

Thursday - August 24

Bike
  • 15m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 8.00 Mi/hr

drainer ride, felt stiff for most of the spin, needed it to loosen up

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - August 23

Got up and sent the wife and kids to the beach while I packed up and made lunch. Spent a few hours at the beach, I walked the 1.5 miles down to meet them. Got home and unpacked. Will start to get ready for Cranberry now.

Tuesday - August 22

The highlight of the trip... We went to a water park, slash town, north of Saco. They had a kid play area with a giant pirate head on top. The thing kept tipping water everywhere. There was not a dry place to hide, which was just fine. Constantly got wet. The first time I have felt truly like a kid again since I was probably 10! Just did not care what happened as long as I had fun with the kids. The park also rocked due to the bigger slides not being too much. The kids could ride on all of them, except the black one. We would not let them go for fear the dark would get them unglued. It was the only one that only one person at a time could go down.

On the down side, after lunch we let the kids go on there own. 10 minutes latter, my daughter came bombing over to say Ben was hurt. Wife took off with her to get him. She carried him down and said his ankle was swolen and his foot was hurt. By the time I found Tori, a staff EMT was looking him over.  Turns out he jambed a tow running from the water (NO RUNNING ALLOWED) and the swelling was from all the sand flee bites at the beach. All was better in 10 minutes. It would not have been such drama if he had not been so tired :)

Monday - August 21

Run
  • 1h 36m 12s
  • 9.50 miles
  • 10m 08s /Mi

Once again, what tapper? Wife kicked me out of the room since we were looking to go to the beach and it was raining a little again. Left the Sea Mist in Wells and headed south on Rt 1, got to Ogunqute and headed down to the beach from the center. Decided to run back on the beach since trafic was getting heavier at 9 AM. Was only misting the whole run, more along the beach.

What a great run, definatley a top 5 run in my life. nothing quite like running along the waters edge of an almost empty beach with the waves crashing from the front that went through the night before.Felt realy fast, but could not justify a longer estimate for distance.

Got to the "end" of the beach because the rocks were all that was left as the tide came in, headed around a row of houses and back to the beach. Came out on mile road, took it back up to Rt1 and headed back to the Hotel. What an awsome run.

took the kids mini golfing in the afternoon. Too much fun, got 3 holes in one, but a 6 on one hole :) Kids were a riot. my son, 4 kept picking up the ball for a better shot and my daugher would not wait for the ball to stop rolling before her next shot.

• Health data: Overall Workout: 5

Ontherun's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance