Pursuit of Awesome

Monday - August 25

i'd like to say hello.

it is just a beautiful day today as it was a beautiful weekend.  weather is just perfect.  if i could only get out of my warm and cozy bed and get on the bike, i might be able to have some confidence going into the oly tri in five weeks.

okay, so i was trying to hammer out 10 on the hotel treadmill on saturday.  i had a towel over the read out so that i didn't have to watch every 0.01 mile and i turned my watch off because the distances were not jivin'.  after about an hour or so, it just shut down!  NO!!!  i screamed and my brother-in-law walked into the fitness room laughing.  i got it started again but this time it only lasted about ten minutes.  i renounced the treadmill and did a little warm down on the exercise bike.  i do not like treadmills.

lounge against the machine!

i called george wyth and they said their water is a-okay!  so, looks like i'll be rockin' the oly next month.  i hope i don't get sick ;)

Sunday - August 24

Saturday - August 23

Bike
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

on crummy exercise bike

Run
  • 1h 10m
  • -----
  • -----

on crummy treadmill

Friday - August 22

Thursday - August 21

Run
  • 35m
  • 4.35 miles
  • 08m 03s /Mi
Swim
  • 32m 45s
  • 2187.23 yards
  • 01m 30s /100 yards

so the pool in chucktown in closed for two weeks, good news is that the outdoor pool in the wave has lap swim from 6-7am, bad news is that it is only open until sunday.  oh boy, here come the fricks.

frick on a stick with a brick!

just got back from playing courier, which i didn't mind at all.  casa de noz is right on the way back, so had lunch at home for the first time this year!

Wednesday - August 20

Bike
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

on trainer

got some sleep last night, feel much better.  *whew*  let's see if i can get back on the bike and be in shape for an oly in a month.

ha ha

my pool is shut down for two weeks!  i'll have to see if there is early morning lap swim in the wave.

Tuesday - August 19

i have to hit the reset button today.  i am just not hacking it.  btw, thanks for the inspires kids.

fun fact: once, little noz (around 8 yrs, i think) visited grandpa and grandmas house and was upset when his sisters recieved gifts (from other people) and noz got the shaft.  so to cheer little noz up, grandpa give him a pistol....unloaded, of course.  i'll miss him.

Noz's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races