Pursuit of Awesome

Saturday - February 28

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • -----
  • -----

trainer theater = behind enemy lines 3

new toys!!!!

and i uploaded a video to my profile.  i am the water king.  enjoy.

Friday - February 27

Strength
  • 20m

core

Sport
  • Elliptical Training
  • 40m

no snooze +3.  pull a pansy card for noz, i didn't go outside to run today.  gail force winds, sub zero wind chill, just didn't want to deal with it.  yeah, pansy, i know.

alright, hold tight, i'm a highway star

Thursday - February 26

Swim
  • 14m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • -----

it was something at least

princess #1 has a sleep timer of 12 hours.  if she crashes and burns the night before at 5 pm, she will wake up at.....no morning workout for me.

Wednesday - February 25

Run
  • 33m
  • 4.15 miles
  • 07m 57s /Mi

5 x .5 mi @ 10k pace

lots lots lots to do today.  tried "deep heating" cream on the face this morning.  face wasn't too cold, but it was 37° out, but it was raining.  yeah, welcome to the run program, go dance in the rain.  wasn't a stellar run, but there is a bunch of ice still on the ground, thank you rain.  going to be worse for friday.  oh well, "thou who wishes to dine at the table of victory, must first enter the house of pain."  did i just make that up?  i think i've heard it somewhere before.  did the old yankees announcer say it at some point?

can't drink coffee because caffeine gives me dabilitating migraines.

and there was something else i was going to say....it will come to me.  oh yeah, happy ash wednesday, no snooze +1.

Tuesday - February 24

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

on trainer.

Strength
  • 40m

weights

sometimes i wish i could drink coffee.  it just looks like fun waking up in the morning, having a warm beverage that kick starts your day.  must be nice.  but then to distance myself and lessen the hurt, i convince myself that it is a drug and i am making myself stronger by not relying on the crutch to get going in the morning.  and, i gotta think that i'm saving a ton of money by not spending $2.50 each day.  right?  right?  *sigh*

happy fat tuesday everyone.  i wonder what to sacrifice this year.  oh my goodness, i just thought of it.  the snooze button.  yes, this year i will sacrifice the snooze button.  oh, it is so perfect!  pray for me.

Monday - February 23

let us offically begin the half mary training by taking a rest day today!  w00t!  ten weeks to go, the "off-season" is offically over.  perhaps now i will actually get myself out of bed in the mornings.

i found a blog called "steve in a speedo?   gross."  triathlete/runner, hilarious blog.  reading made me think, yeah, i should update a new blog as often as he.  but then quickly dismissed it for several reasons.  1. - i have this blog and another which i neglect already, 2. - i have several other things that should occupy my time more so (wife, two kids, a house in constant validation of the second law of thermodynamics, job), 3. - i don't do enough races to be entertaining.  and i'm not saying that steve doesn't have any of these things, i just don't have the time/desire.

had a dream within a dream last night.  it was freaky and it envolved high school band

motivation?

Sunday - February 22

Run
  • 56m 20s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 08m 03s /Mi
okay, winter over....now!  now?  knee was whispering that i need to use the foam roller more.

Noz's Training Log

February 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

Totals