Pursuit of Awesome

Sunday - May 10

Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 18.46 Mi/hr

doris and i got an outside ride in!

super fantastic weekend!  it first started being able to set foot outside of the lab for a change!  the boss and i went up to minnesota and stayed with mndiver and fam.  they are extremely friendly and generous people.  we talked a bit about ironman wisconsin and watched the twins beat the pine tar out of seattle.  

the next day we woke up to 44° and windy.  good thing i brought a long sleeve and some hat and gloves.  we went off to the race to pick up our stuff.  one of the boss' gu packs exploded in her glove, mndiver gave her his gloves.  what a guy.  didn't have any huge goals for this race due to the hillyness and windyness.  what the h, we'll give it a go.  imagine my surprise that dispite being smacked in the face with the wind for the last five miles that i walked away with a pr!  in fact, the boss, mndiver, and his brother all got pr's!  woot woot!

after the race we all went back to mndiver's house.  got to meet other bt'ers sparco (finally met the man) and joeK.   after a good time of chit chat, the boss and i headed out to check out trader joe's (which was really funny.  people were shopping and we were walking around taking in the sights) and then doris had a date with gear west for a bike fitting (so far, worth every penny).  

then, before returning to iowa, we hit up the pasta palace that is buca de pepo.  mndiver, his boss, and his borther and sister-in-law were able to join us.  it was a great time.

and now it is mothers day and i don't have to go into the lab!  happy mothers day to all! 

Saturday - May 9

Run
  • 1h 32m 12s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 07m 02s /Mi

i think that was my time. can't find the race results.

• RACE DAY: New Prague Half Marathon

Friday - May 8

Swim
  • 14m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • -----

nice and easy. all i had time for.

Thursday - May 7

Bike
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

on trainer

it's almost race day.....

Wednesday - May 6

Run
  • 48m 10s
  • 6.50 miles
  • 07m 25s /Mi

oh good, the gazelle has a little brother that just moved back to town. now i've got two of them to beat up on me in the morning ;)

Tuesday - May 5

Swim
  • 30m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • -----

300 wu
20 x 75 rpe 5
200 wd

went to bed late, woke up with a migraine.  drugs can be wonderful things.  i was dreading the swim because i believe i still fear failure and going slow, even in practice.  just something i do.  but if i realize that, and that it doesn't matter if i make every lap or if i fail miserably, the sun will still set and rise and they will expect me back at work in an hour.  so why not give it your best shot and throw it on the line?  this is for fun, no matter how intense the training, it is all a game.  suck it up buttercup, swim a lap.  (this last little paragraph had a nice little transistion from informing everyone to noz' personal pep talk.  see if you can spot where noz jumped the tracks in his train of though, and you may win a prize!).

Monday - May 4

Swim
  • 35m
  • 2400.00 yards
  • -----
less than a week to race day!  gotta hit that foam roller so that i don't limp into the finish!  

got a little sun this weekend!  thanks for coming warm weather!

Noz's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races