Pursuit of Awesome

Friday - May 15

Swim
  • 28m 20s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 25s /100 yards

swimy swim swim

both princesses up several times last night.  run was skipped this morning to preserve sanity.  i'm going to try to make it up this weekend as next week is recovery week (even though the workouts have been hit or miss).  today might be a loooong day.

frick, i'd better register for the cornman.

swim across iowa update - i am now in new hampton, childhood town of mikey (my dad).

WELCOME TO NEW HAMPTON!!!

THE CITY OF EXPANDING HORIZONS!

Welcome to New Hampton, Iowa!  If you are not familiar with our great City - we're located in the northeast corner of Iowa, at the junction of U.S. Highways 63 and 18.   We're approximately 40 miles north of Waterloo, 40 miles east of Mason City,  and 75 miles south of Rochester, Minnesota.   Our population at the 2000 Census was 3,692.

We invite you to look more closely at our City.  As you browse through our site, you will see the wonderful things we have to offer - great schools, low-cost, reliable utilities, an active Economic Development Department and business community, and excellent health care,  beautiful parks, and a state of the art library, just to name a few.   If you need any information about New Hampton that you can't find here, contact us at cityhall@ci.new-hampton.ia.us.

Thursday - May 14

Bike
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----
Swim
  • 25m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • -----

300 wu
10 x 100 e,b,e,h by 25
200 wd

this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue signing it forever just because this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue signing it forever just because this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue signing it forever just because this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue signing it forever just becausethis is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue signing it forever just because this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue signing it forever just becausethis is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue signing it forever just because this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue signing it forever just because

Wednesday - May 13

Swim
  • 40m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

4 x 75 wu
4 x 500 rpe 4
4 x 50 wd

Run
  • 32m 30s
  • 4.50 miles
  • 07m 13s /Mi

run with the gazelle

switching over to him training.  i think the gazelle run will serve as the tempo runs.  i may have to tone down the long runs on friday.  gotta get more ride time in. 

garage sale this weekend.  anyone want to buy a bowflex or an air hockey table?

Tuesday - May 12

Run
  • 32m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi
Bike
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----
hey noz, quit being a slacker.  get up and on the bike.
um, i am very tired putting in a 13 hour day at work with no lunch.  and besides, i thought sleep was the most important thing.
nope.

Monday - May 11

Sunday - May 10

Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 18.46 Mi/hr

doris and i got an outside ride in!

super fantastic weekend!  it first started being able to set foot outside of the lab for a change!  the boss and i went up to minnesota and stayed with mndiver and fam.  they are extremely friendly and generous people.  we talked a bit about ironman wisconsin and watched the twins beat the pine tar out of seattle.  

the next day we woke up to 44° and windy.  good thing i brought a long sleeve and some hat and gloves.  we went off to the race to pick up our stuff.  one of the boss' gu packs exploded in her glove, mndiver gave her his gloves.  what a guy.  didn't have any huge goals for this race due to the hillyness and windyness.  what the h, we'll give it a go.  imagine my surprise that dispite being smacked in the face with the wind for the last five miles that i walked away with a pr!  in fact, the boss, mndiver, and his brother all got pr's!  woot woot!

after the race we all went back to mndiver's house.  got to meet other bt'ers sparco (finally met the man) and joeK.   after a good time of chit chat, the boss and i headed out to check out trader joe's (which was really funny.  people were shopping and we were walking around taking in the sights) and then doris had a date with gear west for a bike fitting (so far, worth every penny).  

then, before returning to iowa, we hit up the pasta palace that is buca de pepo.  mndiver, his boss, and his borther and sister-in-law were able to join us.  it was a great time.

and now it is mothers day and i don't have to go into the lab!  happy mothers day to all! 

Saturday - May 9

Run
  • 1h 32m 12s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 07m 02s /Mi

i think that was my time. can't find the race results.

• RACE DAY: New Prague Half Marathon

Noz's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance