Swim
  • 25m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • -----

400 wu
10 x 100, ebef
200 wd

swim week!  if only they could all be swim week.  i was talking with someone about competing in triathlons (who didn't know much other than it involved swimming, biking and running).  she said, "well, if you didn't have to do the swim in that cold water, i bet you would like it more."  ummm, no.  in fact, i wish the swim was longer and colder.  that is my time to shine.  oh, how a different race it would be if sprint triathlons were switched, run 500 m, bike, then swim 5k.  that might bring down the participants a bit though.  meh.

highlights from this weekend.  bought half a cow worth of beef from my uncle (four laundry baskets full.  well, okay, i got a fourth and my in-laws got a fourth), saw my relatives, the girls spent some time on a farm, ate about a dozen farm fresh eggs, got a bruise from sword fighting with nerf swords, my new electric cordless trimmer works great, forgot to send a thank you note, did some resistance training, and ate quite a bit of barbque.  all is well in the land of noz.

got some of my costume for ragbrai.  hope it fits on my helmet.

the boss is running the dam to dam this saturday, the girls and i are support.  costumes for everyone?

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.50 miles
  • -----
Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 16.75 miles
  • 15.95 Mi/hr
the nice thing about kids is that they provide plenty of training oppertunities.  we were out for a walk on the bike trail and princess #2 dropped her jeffy (her best friend in the whole wide world), daddy had to run back over the trail to try to find it.  some bikers had picked it up and biked past me to give it to my wife 2 miles down the trail.

then, princess #1 wanted to take a nap, in the bike trailer.  so her and i went for a little resistance training ride.  wow, that was tough.

happy memorial day for all. 

Swim
  • 14m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 01m 24s /100 yards

nice and easy recovery swim

Bike
  • 1h 35m
  • 30.10 miles
  • 19.01 Mi/hr

beautiful morning

got a good ride in this morning before going into work (have to make up thursday).  so now i'm going to go run a protocol.  wish me luck.

Run
  • 31m
  • 4.00 miles
  • -----
raise your hand if you felt like you've been oggled.  everyone?  yes?  okay.  now raise your had if you felt like you've been oggled in church.  yeah.  how about that?

Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 25.00 miles
  • -----

hour ride + running errands, picking up the princesses in their royal bike coach.

the boss did very well.  everything went without a hitch and she is recovering nicely.

Swim
  • 22m
  • 1200.00 yards
  • -----

4 x 300 s,d,s,d

the boss is getting lypthotripsy the crap beat out of her kidneys tomorrow.  she is also reading the autobiography of maria von trapp.  in it, maria went to the doctors to complain of back pain.  she had something like 14 kidney stones.  they had to leave the wound open for a week afterwards to make sure they got everything.  i love living in the modern era.

Noz's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance