Pursuit of Awesome

Saturday - May 30

Friday - May 29

Run
  • 31m
  • 4.10 miles
  • 07m 34s /Mi
okey dokey.  let's wrap up this friday at work and then rock on down to des moines, shall we?  got the giant foam cowboy hats in the mail yesterday, when the boss proceeded to rip one almost in half.  oops.  but, they will not fit on a bike helmet any other way, so i believe that i'll have to rip the other one.

found some stuff about "fathead" the movie.  looks like a rebutle to "super size me".  well, not really a rebutle so much as some clarification.  but watching it made me think about who was producing this and what their angle was.  is that bad?  am i too cinical (i will never, never be a spelling bee champion)?  the people in the fathead movie are saying (or what i am getting from it is), "supersize me is presenting you with data and telling you facts in a certain way to direct you to the conclusion they want you to reach."  i watch this movie and i think, "isn't that what you are doing here?  what are you not telling me?"  

interesting stuff none the less.  it is more anti-processed food propaganda, which i am falling for these days.  check it out at http://www.fathead-movie.com/

i could talk a lot more about this, but the job people may not like it.  summarize quick random thoughts....
- processed food isn't all bad.  isn't it feeding otherwise starving people around the world?
- so, another thing to make me feel guilty about, i feed my kid cheerios and i'm a monster?
- i really like bread, what am i going to put my peanut butter on?
- i am NOT giving up my peanut butter or cookies.  you can just suck it.

because really, if the world did all the sudden stop eating processed food, would there be enough to go around?  is the availability of food a reason for the expansion of the human race?  i have no figures on this, so i have no idea how much processed food the world eats.

Thursday - May 28

Bike
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

easy spin on trainer

Swim
  • 27m 30s
  • 1650.00 yards
  • -----

600 wu
16 x 50 decend 1-4
250 wd

going to have to pack up today as we will be leaving straight from work tomorrow.  i had hoped to be on the course a little more during the race, but with two little ones (and our friends with two little ones), we'll be lucky to make it to the finish before the girls do.  hope the huge cowboy hats come in time, should make us easy to find at the finish.

well well well, looks like i was able to center the picture without centering the text....today anyway.

noz got a raise!  that entitles noz to a little somethin somethin for himself, right?  what shall it be?  can't think of anything i really need.  hmmmm.   any suggestions?

Wednesday - May 27

Run
  • 59m 30s
  • 7.66 miles
  • 07m 46s /Mi

dance in the rain.

Swim
  • 28m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 24s /100 yards

lemon squeezy

any ladies out there wanting to get rid of a wetsuit or know where to pick one up?  the boss wants to step up her game ;)

Tuesday - May 26

Swim
  • 25m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • -----

400 wu
10 x 100, ebef
200 wd

swim week!  if only they could all be swim week.  i was talking with someone about competing in triathlons (who didn't know much other than it involved swimming, biking and running).  she said, "well, if you didn't have to do the swim in that cold water, i bet you would like it more."  ummm, no.  in fact, i wish the swim was longer and colder.  that is my time to shine.  oh, how a different race it would be if sprint triathlons were switched, run 500 m, bike, then swim 5k.  that might bring down the participants a bit though.  meh.

highlights from this weekend.  bought half a cow worth of beef from my uncle (four laundry baskets full.  well, okay, i got a fourth and my in-laws got a fourth), saw my relatives, the girls spent some time on a farm, ate about a dozen farm fresh eggs, got a bruise from sword fighting with nerf swords, my new electric cordless trimmer works great, forgot to send a thank you note, did some resistance training, and ate quite a bit of barbque.  all is well in the land of noz.

got some of my costume for ragbrai.  hope it fits on my helmet.

the boss is running the dam to dam this saturday, the girls and i are support.  costumes for everyone?

Monday - May 25

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.50 miles
  • -----
Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 16.75 miles
  • 15.95 Mi/hr
the nice thing about kids is that they provide plenty of training oppertunities.  we were out for a walk on the bike trail and princess #2 dropped her jeffy (her best friend in the whole wide world), daddy had to run back over the trail to try to find it.  some bikers had picked it up and biked past me to give it to my wife 2 miles down the trail.

then, princess #1 wanted to take a nap, in the bike trailer.  so her and i went for a little resistance training ride.  wow, that was tough.

happy memorial day for all. 

Sunday - May 24

Noz's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time