Enjoying life one day at a time

Thursday - January 31

Run
  • 26m 17s
  • 5.02 kms
  • 05m 14s /KM

A quickie tonight... got a late start so I decided to see how fast I could do my 5k. I wasn't pushing the entire time, eased up a couple times... but my legs just naturally sped up again... was weird... wasn't thinking about going fast but suddenly I was. lol

Strength
  • 05m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(kg)
    Max
    wt.(kg)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Crunches, Knee Up

Not sure what I'll do tonight... I think a run out in the cold is called for. Before the 6-12" of snow hit tomorrow. :o

I do believe that's a new PB for Bopper. AS far as I can tell... and I checked back 2 months.... I haven't run 5 km faster. Feelin' pretty good about myself. :)

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Wednesday - January 30

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 31.00 kms
  • 30.00 KM/hr

Spinervals 2.0 TT workout
Lots of hard efforts... single leg drills... super sprints... much suffering. Good stuff! ;)

Woke up this morning... my shoulder is as sore as it's ever been. I'm not sure what the tubing did to it, but it sure hurts today. :(

Maybe I should sit outside with my shoulder bared... maybe a good deep freezing will get the tendons to settle down.

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 7

Tuesday - January 29

Sport
  • Sledding
  • 2h 00m

There is no category for tubing, but this is close enough. They had moving sidewalk up the hill, but it was faster to walk up. I ended up walking up the hill about 6 times... once hauling my youngest up as well(90+ lbs)... I got my heart rate up a few times. Total climb was 100' climb over 400' of walking. A good stiff climb. :)

Work day today... no exercise this morning. Tonight going tubing with the boys. I think my legs will be getting a work out. :)

EVENING CHECK IN:

Tubing was a blast. Kids had fun. :) One problem though, it wasn't kind to my shoulder. I have no idea why. I think it's time to cave in and go see a Dr. about this shoulder/neck thing... or the chiro. :(

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7

Monday - January 28

Run
  • 1h 08m
  • 11.68 kms
  • 05m 49s /KM

My LSD run. This is the longest (distance & time) I have ever run. As I was finishing I was tired, but could have gone on. I didn't know how far I had run until I mapped it. I was aiming for over an hour of running. I did pretty good. -5 when I started with a windchill of -14... -3 and hazy sunshine when I finished. A good day for a run. :)

Kept this run pretty easy throughout. I took it nice and easy from the start. Made it up the tougher hills with little effort and didn't stop and walk at all. Never felt like my legs were tired, they just kept powering up the hills and gliding down. That was a nice run. (OMG... did I just say that was a nice run? What's the world coming to?? LOL)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9

Sunday - January 27

Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 30m

clean up the driveway, a very light pretty snow fell last night... plus the snow from yesterday. Wasn't hard shovelling, but it did hurt the shoulder a bit. :(

I have decided that today is a rest day. I haven't had a true rest day in more then a week, so today was the day. Although shovelling snow this morning gave me a sweat.... and stressed shoulder a bit too... .thank goodness it was mostly light snow.

Tomorrow I will go for a long run, since I'm not at work during the day.

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6

Saturday - January 26

Bike
  • 1h 37m
  • 49.50 kms
  • 30.62 KM/hr

Spinervals 20.0 Timetrialpalooza
1:22min of suffering.
First set - HR avg 138
Second set - HR avg 140
Third set - HR avg 142
Fourth set - HR avg 145
Then another 15 min of ez spinning to flush out legs.

Strength
  • 05m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(kg)
    Max
    wt.(kg)
  • ABS - Crunches

Just a few crunches to loosen up.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Loosen up legs before spin. - 5 min
Stretch out legs after. - 5 min

Now it's a day of cleaning, groceries, and household chores. Sweetums is working evenings this weekend. :(

For those who may be interested, here is the description of the spin workout from today.
2 min - ez warm up
3x1:00 -:30 @ 95-100rpm(Big ring - 15 back) - :30 rest (small ring-15)
2:00 - ez
3:00 - :20 @ 95-100 rpm (big ring-15) - :10 stand same pace
2:00 - ez
20:00 - 95+ rpm @ LT Heartrate (go at your 40k TT pace if you know it), if you know your Lactate Threshold then maintain that for entire 20 min. Use a gear that you can sustain that effort but still have something left for the rest of the workout.
5:00 - ez spin (small ring - 15)
15:00 - 90-95 rpm @ LT +5-10 bpm - use slightly higher gear... but work harder - bring HR above the last set (OUCH)
5:00 - ez spin
10:00 - 85-90 rpm @ 5-10 bpm higher then last set. Again, harder gear and increase effort to bring heart rate up higher.
5:00 - ez spin
5:00 - 80-85 rpm @ maximum effort. Harder gear. This set is going to max out your HR... and it's going to hurt.
5:00 - ez spin cool down

WARNING-DO NOT ATTEMPT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO HURT. ALSO, THIS IS EXTREMELY HARD WORKOUT, DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU'RE NOT FEELING 100%.

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Friday - January 25

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • 02m 52s /100 meters

Did a lot of warm up and drills. One 400m straight swim. Nothing to strenuous. Shoulders still need some rest I think... but nothing like it used to be.

Bopper's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races