Enjoying life one day at a time

Sunday - April 27

Run
  • 1h 57m 30s
  • 21.10 kms
  • 05m 34s /KM
This run dedicated to my friends who have not let me get down on myself. To windnsnow, mila, markz and all my other BT friends. You have kept me from giving up and getting down on myself. Thank you for the encouragement, the knowledge and the incentive to carry on. You people are ALL awesome!!! :)

Saturday - April 26

Rest day today... 1/2 marathon tomorrow. This will be the defining test... if I can make it through this run without hurting myself then I'm good to go for the 1/2 Ironman in August... other wise, I'll abandon that dream and stick with Olympic's.

Tonight is a carb load feast at a new restaurant I've recently heard about.... check it out... looks like a fun place. (I used to work with the owner too... should be interesting)

http://www.thegroovekitchen.com/main.php?1

Have a great weekend everyone. :)

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Friday - April 25

Swim
  • 44m
  • 2080.00 meters
  • 02m 07s /100 meters

200m w/u straight swim
1700m straight swim RPE 4 (33:00)
180m c/d 4x40+20

it was supposed to be a 2000m swim (alternate 1700) but I ran out of time. Got to pool late. No big deal, was a good solid swim. Only stopped once to check my lap count... and once to readjust my watch strap... those were all of 5 second stops and one was underwater. ;) Bilateral breathing pretty much entire time... and I felt strong and capable of continuing for another 30 minutes at that pace. I think my 100m times were 1:55 consistently, during the long swim. :)

Knees feel pretty good today. I didn't do any damage last night. I'm going to look at getting patella straps before Sunday... maybe they will help. I think I need a coach to look at my running stride... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Thursday - April 24

Run
  • 27m
  • 4.35 kms
  • 06m 13s /KM

Went for a little jog to test out the shoes. My knees still hurt... wtf... looks like it's going to be a long day on Sunday.

Max HR seems a little high... I was BARELY running... most of the time I was barely sweating.

Almost better.... I think I will have the energy to jog tonight. See how the day progresses.

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Wednesday - April 23

Day 2 of sick feeling.... headachey, sinusy, scratchy throaty... oh well... can't complain to much. Nobody likes a whiner. Another rest day. :(

• Health data: Fatigue: 2 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Tuesday - April 22

I have been fighting this for a few days now... hoping it would just go away... but sadly it's not. I have a bit of a cold... headache, achy, sinuses, sore throat.... I'm going to forgo training for the rest of the week... will try to get one run in before Sunday, but can't promise anything at this point. F*&^ what else can go wrong. :(

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Monday - April 21

Bike
  • 1h 09m
  • 25.70 kms
  • 22.35 KM/hr

My friend, who was supposed to join me yesterday, wanted a companion to ride with this morning. So we went out for a liesurely 1 hour ride on the course of the 1/2 Marathon next weekend. This is NOT a flat course... I'm thinking that if my knees give me trouble I'll be walking the hills. Gorgeous day for a ride though, +12*C Sunny and a light breeze. Spun very easy. :)

Swim
  • 51m
  • 2290.00 meters
  • 02m 14s /100 meters

wu: 200 alternating each 50 swim and kick
main: 400, 4 x 100, 300, 3 x 100, 200, 2x100
long intervals are RPE 4 (~2:00/100), 100s are at RPE 7-8 (~1:45/100) :30 RI
cd: 3 x 80, each slower than last

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

A beautiful evening ... so sweetums and I went for a stroll around the neighbourhood. What gorgeous weather we are having... sun still felt hot at 6:45 p.m. ... ahhhh. :)

On the wetsuit front... purchased a wetsuit today. Went back to the local "tri" shop (running shoe store that sponsors the cycling club and multi-sport club). This time I asked to try on a mid-level wetsuit... all they had was a Large... I decided to give it a try. Surprisingly, it went on with out too much hassle. The difference in a higher grade Neoprene and the lower grade stuff is quite amazing. It was more then I wanted to spend, but I don't want to be renting anymore... so I can OWS when I want, on my schedule. I still get a 10% discount off the suit because I'm a club member, so that's not terrible... and with the "found" money from the profit sharing I'll get a better suit for what I would have paid for a lesser suit without that money.

New wetsuit is a Nineteen Frequency... nice suit... even looks good on me... I don't look like an over stuffed sausage anymore... who knew!? ;)

Bopper's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races