Enjoying life one day at a time

Thursday - August 21

Bike
  • 21m 36s
  • 14.00 kms
  • 38.89 KM/hr

DAMN.... I was hoping for a lot faster then that. I have two excuses:
1. My legs still feel sluggish after the HIM.
2. Had to slow down with 2km to go for a guy to back his trailer into his driveway. Probably lost 10 seconds there.
Other then that... I did pretty good considering it's not a TT bike. :)
Maybe I could have pushed harder, but all my training to this point has been on steady sustained efforts over long periods... not 100% flat out for 20 min.

The time trial tonight couldn't have gotten a better day. Sunny, warm, very little wind. It was kind of a headwind heading out, but helped on the way back. It was maybe 5 km/h... but any wind on my body (at that speed)... is like pushing a sail into the wind. Hard work.

Oh well, was a PB for me... by 13 seconds I think.

Wednesday - August 20

resting today... hoping to have fresh legs for tomorrow's TT. Goal... 14 km - 20 min... or faster.

Tuesday - August 19

Bike #1
  • 40m 30s
  • 21.23 kms
  • 31.45 KM/hr

Was haulin' this morning... first because it was COLD... +12*C
Second, it was an NE wind, which is NEVER good in the morning... makes the ride colder and harder because that's a headwind in the morning. :(
Third, because I felt like it. ;)

Bike #2
  • 58m 30s
  • 32.30 kms
  • 33.13 KM/hr

Riding with the Flying Dogs tonight. Went out with the road riding group instead of the multi-sporters because my knees are still a little tender from the HIM. Didn't want to do a brick quite yet. Had a good ride... even though my legs weren't 100%. I went with the third group... and probably should have went with Group 2. I kept dropping them going up hills... and even on downhills. No one did any sprints either. Felt good .. .was a gorgeous evening. Clear blue sky... warm, not humid and very little wind.

Not to sure what's up with this HR monitor... there is NO WAY my heart rate ever reached 200.

Ok... the max HR is getting closer to what I think it should be... but it's still a wee bit high I think. ;)

Riding with the group tonight reminded me why I like riding in an echelon. You get to rest every minute or so, but you don't slow down. Felt good to be clocking along at 41 km/h with very little effort. :)

I think I deserve a couple days of rest. No workouts for tomorrow... and not riding to work on Thursday either. The last TT of the year is on Thursday and I am going to do it. I want to see what kind of improvement I have over last year. My best time from last year on the short course was 21:49... I hope to come close to 20 min flat. See if I can't knock 2 minutes off my time. Only time will tell. :)

Monday - August 18

Bike
  • 1h 20m 30s
  • 37.00 kms
  • 27.58 KM/hr

Took car into town to have muffler serviced. Took bike and cycled across town to an optomitrist appointment. Then biked home from there. Will pick up car tomorrow at lunch or after work.

Again with the HRM thinking I'm having a heart attach... I don't think the MAX HR is right. LOL

the time and speed for this ride are not indicative of the effort that was put in. The first half of the ride was across town, through traffic lights, dodging traffic, over hills, and into the wind. The streets are also not very smooth.

Coming home was just plain hard. Uphill, into the wind (30km/h and gusty)... it was a tough ride all around.... oh and the temperature on my cycle computer said 34*C... yes it was hot. :)

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Sunday - August 17

Bike
  • 2h 24m
  • 64.00 kms
  • 26.67 KM/hr

Easy ride with BFF. She is going to attempt Muskoka 70.3 in a few weeks and she needs more T.I.T.S. We did her normal long training route, at her pace. Was a lovely day for riding. We had a really lovely time talking, riding and enjoying each other's company. We don't spend nearly enough time like that. Sure was a great day. She has some work to do, but she should be able to come off the bike feeling pretty good. She's not to sure, but I think she'll be fine.

Most of the time this was a Z1 ride for me... maybe even a Z0.5... it was really easy. At one point I checked the HR as we were cruising along and I was at a HR of 87. Coming back on our ride, three dudes passed us. BFF looked at them and looked at me... I let them ride ahead to the bottom of the little hill... then I went after them. I passed them going up the little hill doing 45km/h. They had about a 200m head start... I passed them in less then .5km. That was FUN!!!! :) I could have kept going, but I slowed down to wait for BFF to catch up. She was laughing... told me that she didn't like the way they passed us so easily and was glad that I made them work for the hill. :) LOL

HRM said max HR was 227... ummm... not so much-- maybe 140 during that sprint. Like I said... EZ ride. :)

• Health data: RHR: 50 Hours slept: 7

Saturday - August 16

Run
  • 32m
  • 5.47 kms
  • 05m 51s /KM

Beautiful run this morning. Sunshine, light breeze, perfect temperature. AAAAHHHH... summer has finally arrived... and it's almost over. :(

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Friday - August 15

busy day at work... no time for fun and games today.

Bopper's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races