Enjoying life one day at a time

Saturday - April 4

Run
  • 47m 52s
  • 8.00 kms
  • 05m 59s /KM

For greater detail... see RR.

RACE REPORT is up... for all that care to look. Was a very cold and miserable day, but I had a decent run. I'm looking forward to running with my friend again in May .... for the Sporting Life 10k. :)

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Friday - April 3

Well sports fans... today won't have any training in it, due to work obligations and driving to Toronto start after work. Spending the night downtown at a friends so we can head to the race location in the early A.M.

Have a great evening everyone... and great weekend. :)

Thursday - April 2

Bike #1
  • 40m 40s
  • 21.23 kms
  • 31.32 KM/hr

Basic commute to work... didn't push too hard. Tried keeping it steady but aerobic. A little chilly this morning, but quite lovely otherwise... -1*C, 5km/h S breeze.

Bike #2
  • 35m 30s
  • 21.20 kms
  • 35.83 KM/hr

Another glorious commute home. Beautiful sunny weather, gentle tail wind (22km/h SSE), +16*C... not much more I could ask for. :)

Took this one a little harder then this morning. Tried to keep a steady pace on the flats, as much as I could... oh... the steady pace was usually around 40km/h.... WOW, was I flying again tonight. Felt GOOD!! I didn't push it too hard on the steeper hills, so my HR stayed pretty consistent. NOt a bad little ride. :)

One more day of work. Then the weekend. Tomorrow, most likely I'll not do anything at all training wise. I need to have fresh legs for the race on Saturday. I won't be running full out at the race, my friend and I are doing it just for the fun of it... and this will be the first time running together, so we'll have to feel each other out. I think we're pretty evenly paced tho... according to her she did a 10k run in 58 min... that's pretty much my pace too. We'll have fun what ever happens. :)

Wednesday - April 1

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2300.00 meters
  • 02m 37s /100 meters

w/u: 400m ez (200m FS, 200m BR), 6x50m @ :15 RI. (:52+40=92).
m/s: 12x100m @T-pace +:03, :15 RI. (I was able to maintain 2:00 or less for all the sets, which is less then T-pace {27:15 total time}. The breathing got easier once I got passed 500m, but I was also hitting the pace for those sets, first few sets were too fast.)
4x50m Front kick with fins, moderate hard effort.

c/d: 200m ez (50m pull, 50m swim)

This is about 100m further then what the plan called for, but I couldn't remember the exact directions after the main set. The kicking was extra and cool down was a little short, but it worked out well. Finished up exactly 60m after starting... as they were taking the lane markers down.

Strength
  • 05m

Sped thru these, because I made them wait an extra couple minutes until I got out of the pool. Didn't want them to wait too long to leave the pool.

Busy day at work.... inspecting parts for programs I had created the last couple weeks for our sister plant. Have some programs to check and fix the problems they identified. We also had a Communication Meeting with the President of the company about profit sharing. Yes... you heard it right... PROFIT sharing. Our company actually made a profit last year... in one of the most difficult years of our history, we made the MOST money ever. So, now I have a fairly good size check to spend... but I think maybe our debts might need to be looked at. What I'd REALLY like to do is buy a nice hybrid bike for Sweetums so she can ride some too. The bike that she has is really very old and not very trust worthy. I will have to see how our situation is in the next week or so. :)

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Tuesday - March 31

Haven't done a ride yet... and looks like it might be trainer bound today. I have been at a friends house all day helping out with a mental health day. She needed a massage and some relaxation time... and I was there to provide that. Her shoulders are FAR less knotted... and she looks 1000x more relaxed then when I got there this morning. She's going thru a REALLY rough patch lately and we do what we can for them both. Just wish there was more we could do. Every little bit helps tho'. :)

After a yummy supper at Waterloo eatery, took #3 son to first B'ball practice. Spent 2 hours sitting and reading... should have had running shoes and gone for a little run. Maybe next time.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Monday - March 30

Swim
  • 41m 45s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

It's been over a week since my last swim... and I'm getting over a cold... I decided that a straight forward, no thinking swim was in order. The swim on my plan Friday was a 2000m straight endurance swim and that appealed to me, so that's what I did.

w/u: 50m swim
m/s: 2000m straight no stopping, no swim aids, no thinking. :)
c/d: 150m BR, 4x:20 vertical kicking on :20 rest, 50m back kick, 50m Single Arm Drill for giggles.

For the long swim, first 1000m 21:00 (with rests to check how many 100's I'd done so far), second 1000m 20:45 (with a couple stops to check watch). Pretty fair swim for not having swam in 10 days. :)

Run
  • 45m
  • 6.84 kms
  • 06m 35s /KM

Too cold and windy to run outside, specially after recovering from a nasty little cold. So I took it inside and did a little tready work.

5 min @ 5.5 mph
5 min @ 6.0 mph
8x:30 Strides @ 1:00 RI (Strides @ 8.0 mph, RI @ 5 mph)
15 min @ 6.0 mph
4 min @ 5.5 mph
1 min @ 7.0 mph
5 min @ 4.0 mph

Good hot run. Still don't think that treadmill is set right... I sure felt like I went further then 6.8 km. Oh well... it is what it is. :)

Strength
  • 10m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • SHOULDERS - Flys
  • SHOULDERS - Rotator Cuff - Front
  • SHOULDERS - Rotator Cuff - REAR
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

My standard exercises post swim.

The eight hours of sleep is not consecutive... very windy last night... and with all the sleep yesterday afternoon, I wasn't sleeping soundly last night.

Feeling much better today... energy levels are better. Time to resume training. :)

Housework: 90 min... vacuuming, making beds, laundry, etc... nothing spectacular, just getting caught up from not doing anything on the weekend.

Run later this aft, after taking #1 son to Golf Course to fill out employment papers. I think I'll let him drive... trying to teach him how to drive the standard. It's going pretty well... but this will be first time on roads. Should be fun. :)

Sunday - March 29

8 hours of sleep last night... up for a few hours this morning... then slept 4 hours in the afternoon... sinuses feel better... but I'm still tired. Hoping a good night's sleep will make everything better.

Bopper's Training Log

April 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance