Sport #1
  • Chiropractic
  • 40m

Chiro visit today... I explained to him the issue that started Friday morning... he believes I have an inflammed disc that is pressing on the Sciatic nerve. I have no strength in my foot/leg... numbness in the foot... ache along the leg... lack of balance and just plan NOT good. He recommended that I see my Doctor and get some anti-inflammatory meds to settle down the inflammation so I can be comfortable on the trip. The back isn't very sore any more, just the Sciatic issue in the leg. :(

Sport #2
  • Massage
  • 45m

Right after the Chiro appointment, I had a massage booked. She worked on my Glutes, hips and a little bit of the leg. Some very tight and painful areas, but she worked on them... and I hope this will loosen up some of the compression on the disc.

After massage, I was able to get an appointment with my Doc and we discussed this issue. We have decided to use the anti-inflammatory (and watch the INR) and hope I can have a good trip. She's also booking an MRI to check the disc and hopefully we don't have to do something drastic down the line. She was very concerned about putting me on the anti-inflammatory because I should be tested regularly while on it so that my INR (clotting issue) doesn't get out of wack. We came up with a compromise and hope that it will work... I guess we'll see. She will contact via text message in Spain if anything needs to be changed.

OH... so the Chiro figured that it's in the area of L5 and S1... he checked my strength in the feet. He asked me to pull my toes up and not let him push them down... I had NO strength in my left foot. I couldn't resist him at all. In the outward direction, I could hold it. In the inward hold, no strength. It's a very weird sensation which I've never experienced before. I know my leg is strong, but I have no control over it. I physically can't pull my foot up with any strength... balancing and walking is very difficult. It's going to be an interesting trip if this keeps up.

• Calories out: 3379 From lifestyle:2999, From activities:379
today... just veggin' on the floor... trying to manage this back and get it better. It's no longer painful all the time, but it really isn't great. I'm going to be taking lots of pain meds while in Spain if this keeps up. :(

I was let out of the house to get haircut ... I used the time to pick up some Euros for the trip... and she sent me to the market to get meat for the boys while we're gone.

The back isn't great... but it's not as painful as it was... just have to be very, very careful.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

More therapy today... woke up this morning with weakness and numbness in my left leg. Yeah, this is SO much fun. :(

• Calories out: 3499 From lifestyle:3019, From activities:479
Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 1h 00m

Chiro and another full day at work. I went in early, as I needed to leave work for appointment... and worked longer as well. Too much work, not enough people... I need the week away, just wish the back would heal so I can enjoy it.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

Therapy on back... and a full day at work. Tired

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 1h 00m

Chiropractor says it's a disc issue... didn't seem to concerned about the timeline, but it's up to me to do the exercises he's given me. He tried adjusting the back, but it was so tight, it wouldn't even budge. The back did feel better after his session... I'm going back at least 2 more times before we leave... plus the physio... here's hoping that will at least get me to Spain with a healthier back.

Bopper's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • December's totals