Bike #1
  • 1h 04m 53s
  • 34.40 kms
  • 31.81 KM/hr

Ride up to Oliphant and back through Sauble. Nice morning, just a little windy though along the beach.

No metrics though... I have it but am too lazy right now to look it up.

Bike #2
  • 45m 44s
  • 20.60 kms
  • 27.03 KM/hr

Ride with #3 son and it was a good one. He stayed with me and didn't complain. Took it very easy and rode out for 10 km (about 2 km short of Southampton turn around) but I'm not pushing it with him, 20 km is a good ride for him.

He sprinted a couple times... and took the lead most of the way back (tailwind, so easier for him). Good ride with my buddy! :)

Swim
  • 31m
  • 914.40 meters
  • 03m 23s /100 meters

Did a lovely swim in crystal clear calm water. Was just amazing, like swimming in a pool. Just a nice steady swim.

• Calories out: 3038 From lifestyle:1855, From activities:1183
Bike
  • 30m 26s
  • 12.90 kms
  • 25.43 KM/hr

VERY easy ride up to Sauble Beach and Macbeth's bakery. The kids wanted Cinnamon Buns, so I went into town before anyone was up and got us some. It was already unbearably hot at this time... with humidity was probably over 30*C at 9 in the morning. This was a brutal hot day, but I didn't really care, I was at the beach!!! :)

Did a little swimming but nothing to write about. Mostly just hung out under the umbrellas and read... my ankle has been bothering me lately and walking gets very painful. The more I do, the worse it gets.

• Calories out: 2166 From lifestyle:1911, From activities:254
Bike
  • 50m
  • 30.00 kms
  • 36.00 KM/hr

Just a quick little TT down to Southampton and back. Put up some serious times on this route and I wasn't really trying. Had a great tailwind down and was mostly protected on the way back. It is a PERFECT cycling road too... full bike lane for the entire 11 km, mostly flat, fully tree lined, and traffic is usually pretty considerate. It was a perfect morning for a ride.

• Calories out: 2570 From lifestyle:1901, From activities:669
Pack up vehicles and head off to Sauble Beach for a week of fun in the sun (hopefully)... at the very least fun at the cottage with the kids and their friends.

today consisted of:

= going to the optometrist as I think I scratched my eye yesterday putting in contacts (nothing terrible, but she said no contacts for a few days)

= go to the dentist to look at pain in the mouth (infection under the gum, and possible root canal)

= shopping for food for our cottage trip (mostly meat products, the rest we can purchase at cottage)

= packing/laundry/prepping for departure

No time today for working out.

Bike #1
  • 44m 25s
  • 20.55 kms
  • 27.76 KM/hr

Loving morning... and was planning on taking The Beast, but he had a flat and I didn't have time to change it. So, it was Xena and I this morning. Legs still feel weak, so I didn't push it this morning, just my normal ride. Took a shorter route, but it has the bigger hills and heavier traffic. It's all a trade off here... didn't have too much traffic trouble though as I was taking the lane and people had to respect my space.

I did stop once to help a motorcyclist who had lost his keys of his motorcycle. I was able to locate it for him... just as a car drove over it and smashed it to bits. Not sure how he's going to start his bike tonight with the chip key in pieces. Expensive morning ride. :(

In zone: 7:18
Calories: 319

Bike #2
  • 39m 49s
  • 22.57 kms
  • 34.01 KM/hr

Yup... that was speedy, thank to the tailwind... but I also gave it a little more effort. Nothing onerously hard, but steady. I tried to keep the cadence high and the effort manageable. Seemed to work well, my HR didn't spike at all and I maintained a decent speed throughout, even on the little rollers.

On a couple stretches, I used some power and tried to keep the speed over 40 km/h... the first one is a little hilly, but I had a good average on that section (I think, sure felt good). Then on the last segment coming into Baden... a nice 2 km flat stretch, I put the pedal down to see what I could do... I kept it easily over 40 km/h and had my second fastest time on the second, only 4 seconds off the best. I could have gone harder, but I still have weak legs, so just kept them spinning more then hammering.

After that, I just rolled home. Legs felt fine, so I think I'm recovered now. That was a tough day on Thursday... what with the TT effort in the morning, then a 77 km afternoon ride, with another TT effort near the end. I'd say it's been a productive week.

In zone: 30:13
Calories: 419

• Calories out: 2863 From lifestyle:1884, From activities:978
Bike #1
  • 50m
  • 22.57 kms
  • 27.08 KM/hr

Nice and easy this morning, my legs were feeling the load from yesterday's riding. It was a gorgeous morning though, so I enjoyed my commute this morning. Riding steady and easy.

In zone: 3:39
Calories: 321

Bike #2
  • 53m 45s
  • 21.19 kms
  • 23.65 KM/hr

oh yeah... I can go slow... if I REALLY put my mind to it. My legs still feel tired, so I felt it was best to just roll home, nice n easy. Was in SCR for the majority of the ride. Just kept it light tonight.

IN zone: 1:30
Calories: 326

• Calories out: 2825 From lifestyle:1874, From activities:951

Bopper's Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time