Enjoying life one day at a time

Monday - July 22

Bike #1
  • 45m
  • 22.57 kms
  • 30.09 KM/hr

Morning commute... called in to work as they are so short staffed and over worked that I have to come in on my day off. Not to worry though, I'm NOT staying all day and I will probably do a long ride home. :)

I do have some things to do today so I can't do a really long ride.

This morning was just a normal commute, a little faster than normal as I was riding Xena ... haven't had a chance to change the tube on The Beast. Wind is supposed to be favourable on the way home... I may push some speed this afternoon.

In zone: 16:00
Calories: 355

Bike #2
  • 40m 30s
  • 22.57 kms
  • 33.44 KM/hr

Put some speed on going home as I needed to make it to the Dentist on time. Had an ok breeze helping, but it wasn't a strong wind. This was definitely harder than I wanted it to be. Had some good efforts and rode hard up most of the hills, felt strong on the last straight away going into Baden... but my time wasn't better then my best time... so I have work to do. I need to get stronger.

I made it home in time to shower after a brief rest to cool down... and still got to dentist on time. She didn't find anything of note and we're hoping that things will have cleared up after the antibiotic course is finished.

In zone: 34:23
Calories: 435

• Calories out: 2877 From lifestyle:1884, From activities:993

Sunday - July 21

nothing today... just packing up and heading home. I decided to forego the epic ride home this year, even though it was a PERFECT day for it. I don't want to aggravate my foot/ankle any more then it already is. Felt fine this morning, but when I stepped off the vehicle while packing up I felt it twinge and then it started hurting again. I was considering on taking the crew to a waterfall in Owen Sound, but decided against it as my foot would have just pissed me off and I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it.

GREAT week at the cottage. Lots of fun (even though I was a lame duck all week). I did have one bad experience though... lost my wallet and had to cancel all my cards and report it lost/stolen to the police, drive to Owen Sound to have temporary license and health card issued and now have to worry about all the info being used for identity theft. :( 

Saturday - July 20

Bike
  • 1h 43m
  • 59.20 kms
  • 34.49 KM/hr

A good hard TT for my last ride at the cottage. Legs felt pretty wasted after the first 2/3 of the ride but I kept going. That meant another 11 km into the wind but the same distance back with tailwind. Had a great hard ride.

In zone: 1:30:14
Calories: 1122

• Calories out: 3253 From lifestyle:1875, From activities:1378

Friday - July 19

Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Frolicking in the waves... first really windy day, had some pretty impressive waves to play in. I went out for a good 30 minutes, making sure the kids understood the serious undertow and cautioned them about going out to far (as they were trying to get out to the next sandbar... bad idea. They listened though and had fun playing in the waves... these are all teenagers, not children any more, so I was impressed that they listened and didn't argue at all.

• Calories out: 2112 From lifestyle:1911, From activities:201

Thursday - July 18

Rest day... my ankle/foot was really bothering me... gotta get this looked at next week.

Wednesday - July 17

Bike #1
  • 1h 04m 53s
  • 34.40 kms
  • 31.81 KM/hr

Ride up to Oliphant and back through Sauble. Nice morning, just a little windy though along the beach.

No metrics though... I have it but am too lazy right now to look it up.

Bike #2
  • 45m 44s
  • 20.60 kms
  • 27.03 KM/hr

Ride with #3 son and it was a good one. He stayed with me and didn't complain. Took it very easy and rode out for 10 km (about 2 km short of Southampton turn around) but I'm not pushing it with him, 20 km is a good ride for him.

He sprinted a couple times... and took the lead most of the way back (tailwind, so easier for him). Good ride with my buddy! :)

Swim
  • 31m
  • 914.40 meters
  • 03m 23s /100 meters

Did a lovely swim in crystal clear calm water. Was just amazing, like swimming in a pool. Just a nice steady swim.

• Calories out: 3038 From lifestyle:1855, From activities:1183

Tuesday - July 16

Bike
  • 30m 26s
  • 12.90 kms
  • 25.43 KM/hr

VERY easy ride up to Sauble Beach and Macbeth's bakery. The kids wanted Cinnamon Buns, so I went into town before anyone was up and got us some. It was already unbearably hot at this time... with humidity was probably over 30*C at 9 in the morning. This was a brutal hot day, but I didn't really care, I was at the beach!!! :)

Did a little swimming but nothing to write about. Mostly just hung out under the umbrellas and read... my ankle has been bothering me lately and walking gets very painful. The more I do, the worse it gets.

• Calories out: 2166 From lifestyle:1911, From activities:254

Bopper's Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance