Bike
  • 2h 48m 58s
  • 86.50 kms
  • 30.72 KM/hr

busy day... Sweetums is working and I am shopping... also prepping for the race tomorrow. Got an email last night from my friend and we have been offered the use of a chalet about 100m from the resort where the race is... for free!!! We took it... because neither of us was keen on waking at 2 a.m. to drive up to the race. The extra 3 hours sleep was greatly welcomed.
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

therapy on the ankle while I laid on ice for the back... fun times.

• Calories out: 2197 From lifestyle:1896, From activities:301

back not much better... enforced rest it is. Too busy at work, I have no chance to look at anything but work... then I get home and am too fried to do anything but veg with Sweetums.

I'm going to talk to my Physio about the back tomorrow... maybe she can give me some/enough relief to get through the weekend and the big race.

Back is not happy with me... all exercise is off until Sunday. I "might" take Xena out for a spin, just to make sure all is a go, but no commuting and definitely no MTB riding.
Bike
  • 2h 15m
  • 27.50 kms
  • 12.22 KM/hr

This was a MTB ride on the amazing WCC Hydrocut trails... I took my vacation day and put it to some fun times. I wanted to ride the entire system, but ran out of time. I was able to ride all the trails on the landfill side today though... the first time I've ridden them. Some pretty tough trails and there was a lot of stopping and starting.

Awesome day out... 32*C and a humidex of 40... sweat was flowing freely, but I was enjoying myself (for the most part). I did tweek my back a little bit... and got blister on my hand, but I still had fun. Stopped myself from crashing into a couple trees.. went over the handlebars once, fell off the side numerous times and generally played around on the difficult trails. I don't have the best bike for this type of riding (full hard tail and no front shocks), so I have to be ultra careful on the rocks, roots and rubble of the trail. This will take some getting used to, but it's still fun, even if I'm not fast.

Drove into town yesterday for my physio... then came home and vegged for a couple hours... was very quiet in the house with NO kids at home.

Then I had to pick up #2 & #3 at school and drive them into Burlington to get some quality book bags at Mountain Equipment Co-op. Everything that MEC sells is guaranteed for life... if anything happens to the goods you buy from them, take it back and they will replace, or store credit you the amount you paid. It's an amazing store with fantastic gear, the last book bags we purchased from them... about 6 years ago, are still solid and work fine, they're just not big enough for the amount of books they need now and/or the size of the laptops.

While there, I took my bike to Gears Bike shop... where I purchased Xena... and had them fix the problem with the derailleur. Turns out the cable was frayed (and almost snapped) at the shifter end... but also the cable housing was gummed up at the derailleur end. They replaced the cable and says all is better. I'm going to take her for a ride this afternoon to make sure. I want NO surprises with her on Sunday.

I'm not working today as I need to use up vacation time and am taking Tuesday's off for the rest of this month and 2 in November. With the week of vacation in October, I will have used up my 4 weeks... only another 4 more years for another week (5 wks/yr) of vacation. ;) LOL Not sure what I'll do with all that time off... having a hard time using up 4 weeks. :o

• Calories out: 2310 From lifestyle:1859, From activities:452
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 45m

Getting my tendon taken care of... was sore after the hard weekend.

• Calories out: 2130 From lifestyle:1904, From activities:226

Bopper's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • December's totals