• 8.70 kms
  • 25.46 KM/hr

Warm up ride for the Pursuit race.

Bike #2
  • 1h 48m 30s
  • 65.20 kms
  • 36.06 KM/hr

OMCA Bookton Pursuit #3

Today was the final pursuit of the year for the Master's cycling... and the last race I can attend as next week is Centurion. I was hoping to make a valiant effort today and finish strong.

I was seeded to start 22 minutes after the first rider. There were 4 or 5 of us all starting with 1 minute difference. The first group of 5 started... the last one about 9 minutes before we were to start. The last group of 5-6 started another 6 minutes after us... so it was going to be a tough race and we needed to work together. I worked my butt off to catch my minute man... and we were trying to take it easy to let the other's catch us, but that took until the 4th lap. We then jumped in with them and worked hard to keep up the pace so the fast guys wouldn't catch us. Unfortunately, I was pretty much toast by then, I was able to stay with them for most of the 4th lap, but on the big climb going in to the finish line, I got dropped and couldn't catch up to them. I worked hard and at times, seemed to be gaining, but then a wind gust would hit me and I would fall further behind. In the end, I was caught on that last climb by the fastest riders and finished 13th overall.

There were a couple things that limited my ride today... first, going out yesterday morning and riding with the Train of Pain. That was unwise... to hammer hard for 2 hours the day before left little reserves in the legs for today. Second, my bike ... there is a problem with the rear derailleur, that wasn't there yesterday. I went for my warm-up ride and it wouldn't shift into the smaller gears. I would click the lever, but the chain wouldn't move. I don't know what is wrong, as it worked fine yesterday. I am going to take it to the bike shop tomorrow and hopefully get this fixed before next weekends race. Lastly, neglected my nutrition, yet again. I barely touched my water and didn't eat all my Perpetuem Solids... I need to get on top of this nutrition thing or I'll always fade out in a race.

In zone: 1:38:20
Calories: 1316

Cool down was about 1 km of soft pedaling down the hill and back up.

• Calories out: 3485 From lifestyle:1862, From activities:1623

Saturday - September 7

Bike #1
  • 57m 50s
  • 26.00 kms
  • 26.97 KM/hr

Rode from home to SBUX to meet up with the Train of Pain for an early morning ride. Took my time and still got there WAY early, so I rode down through the subdivision and did some exploring. Nice way to wake up the legs.

Bike #2
  • 1h 45m
  • 60.50 kms
  • 34.57 KM/hr

Smoking fast ride with a small group... we just hammered this one. Great fun! Rode hard up the hills on Ira Needles/Trussler... heading south and west into the wind. Once we got out past New Dundee Road, I was the defacto leader as I new all the roads.

Took the group along some roads that they had never seen before... so they were all quite impressed. The one road is brand new pavement and has a lovely little hill on it. Heard some good natured grumbling, but we had a good ride going. When we got out past New Hamburg, they were going to keep going, but I had enough for the day and headed home. I was glad to I have made it home when I did, because just as I walked into the garage the rain REALLY started coming down. Up until then it was just sprinkling or we got to an area after the rain had fallen (wet roads).

Good time with a good group of guys.

Total time riding: 2:50:000
Time in zone: 1:23:45
Calories: 1519

• Calories out: 3830 From lifestyle:1845, From activities:1985

Friday - September 6

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

Therapy on the ankle... getting better, but still kinda snappy when I walk, just not as painful as it was. Hoping to be 100% by October and Spain! :)

• Calories out: 2197 From lifestyle:1896, From activities:301

Thursday - September 5

Bike #1
  • 43m 56s
  • 22.80 kms
  • 31.14 KM/hr

Chilly morning... single digit Celsius... still a lovely sunrise though. Pushed the effort level a little to keep warm.

In zone: 35:20
Calories: 487

Bike #2
  • 41m 40s
  • 21.20 kms
  • 30.53 KM/hr

Worked late ... so I had to push hard to get home. Add to that a North wind and you have a recipe for a tired Bopper. I worked the full 40 minutes... and my legs hate me now.

Couple delinquent drivers... they left their brains at the side of the road before they started driving... just can't understand these people. :(

In zone: 40:45
Calories: 487

• Calories out: 2669 From lifestyle:1884, From activities:785

Wednesday - September 4

Bike #1
  • 42m 15s
  • 21.18 kms
  • 30.08 KM/hr

Had to rush as I left late... but I didn't take the shortest, most flat route... so I worked hard and woke up the legs.
Low back is still painful from the golf on Monday, I think I better do my back stretches for a while to loosen things up. If it's not one thing it's another lately... getting old sux.

In zone: 27:33
Calories: 405

Bike #2
  • 45m 49s
  • 21.24 kms
  • 27.89 KM/hr

Headwinds... 'nuff said.

In zone: 36:31
Calories: 480

• Calories out: 2766 From lifestyle:1882, From activities:884

Tuesday - September 3

Sport #1
  • Massage
  • 45m

Worked out some of the kinks in my back from playing golf yesterday.

Sport #2
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

Therapy on the tendinitis.

too many things today... have volunteered to work some O/T.... but also have two appointments this morning and Sweetums starts nights today... I am going to leave work by at least 3. So as I have too many places to go, decided I better drive today.

• Calories out: 2212 From lifestyle:1874, From activities:339

Monday - September 2

Sport
  • Golf
  • 5h 00m

Decided to go out golfing today... have had an urge of late to mashee that niblick... #3 son wanted to join me. So, we went out and played a round at the local club, where he used to work (had a coupon). I did horrible (for me), but considering I've only played once in the last year, it's not unexpected. Shouldn't have even kept score, just hit balls and had fun.

Walking was still problematic on the ankle. Have physio tomorrow and a massage... see how things go.

• Calories out: 2905 From lifestyle:1776, From activities:1129

Bopper's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance