The question is: will this make me faster?

Ankeny,IA 
Today
Partly Cloudy High 60FLow 52F
  • Temp: 62F
  • Hum: 56%
  • W: 12mph SSE
THURSDAY
Sunny
High 70F
Low 46F
FRIDAY
Cloudy
High 73F
Low 49F
SATURDAY
Sunny
High 71F
Low 49F
SUNDAY
Sunny
High 73F
Low 58F

Wednesday - November 21

Sport
  • Hunting
  • 3h 00m
This is kind of cool, since I've never been hunting before. And to be honest, we weren't actually hunting, just doing some tracking from the day before. You see, my brother-in-law, Walter, shot a deer with a bow yesterday. He didn't kill the deer, only wounded it. The group he was with tracked the deer for about 2 hours, but couldn't find it as it got too dark. So we (my dad, his dad, some other guy, and I) went out with Walter to try to find the deer today. The thinking was that if the deer was hurt badly enough, it would have died somewhere near where he was shot (within a mile or so). So we trudged through these creek beds for hours looking for a needle in a haystack. There was so much brush and mud that about 90% of the time I was mostly focused on not falling. I kind of felt like if I didn't trip over him, I wasn't going to see this dead deer. Well, we never found the deer, but it was a pretty good workout. I may have ruined a pair of jeans in the process, too. But it was pretty fun anyway. I don't know if hunting would ever be my thing, but I can see how people enjoy it.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 1 Overall Workout: 2

Tuesday - November 20

Run
  • 40m 59s
  • 5.63 miles
  • 07m 17s /Mi
Longest run since the hiatus. The weather sure has changed since the last time I ran outside! Splits were 20:14 and 20:45. That is probably a fairly steady effort, as the way back was into the wind and uphill. I resisted the urge to run hard until the last minute or so, as I was trying to get done in under 41. This was a good run. Now I can head into Thanksgiving with only needing to run once in Pekin to feel good about the week.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 1 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - November 19

Swim
  • 32m
  • 1312.34 yards
  • -----
Speed Workout 100m warmup 10 x 100m at 1:35-1:40, with 45-90 sec. rest between reps 100m cooldown This is the first real speed workout I've done. I did do the 200m repeats, but I think this is more of a true test of speed. This is pretty tiring. We're leaving for Pekin tomorrow evening, hoping to beat the snow (bleh) on Wednesday. I'm planning to run tomorrow morning, then again either Thursday or Friday, weather permitting. We'll be back in DSM on Saturday.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 1 Overall Workout: 4

Sunday - November 18

Run
  • 21m 39s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 07m 13s /Mi
Wasn't feeling it on the treadmill today. I was going to do 4 miles, but I was getting some tightness in my right calf and soreness in the knee, so I stopped at 3. I don't want to try to push it at this point. I'm hoping to get to the gym for a swim tomorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 2

Saturday - November 17

I felt really good today. No residual soreness from yesterday's workout. I had to work today, and family constraints kept me from any workout today. Plus, it's too cold and rainy to get outside.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Sick: 1

Friday - November 16

Run
  • 33m 58s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 06m 47s /Mi
I'm very pleased with this treadmill run. I decided to push harder today to see how I felt. No pain whatsoever in the knee or elsewhere. I set the speed at 8.6 (6:58) for the first 3.5 miles, then quickly moved up to 9, 9.5, and 10. We'll see how I feel tomorrow, but right now I feel great about this workout.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 1 Overall Workout: 5

Thursday - November 15

I think I've been spending too much time on fantasy football lately. It's been cutting into my workout time.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Sick: 1

robfornoff's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Volume

Time
Distance