MONDAY
Overcast
High 42F
Low 28F
Bike
  • 1h 12m 52s
  • 24.80 miles
  • 20.42 Mi/hr
Fantastic morning for a ride. It was about 60 degrees and calm at 6:15 AM when I started. The sun didn't come up for another 20 minutes or so. It's nice when you get out that early on a holiday because there was almost no traffic whatsoever. Very serene. Because of the light traffic and great conditions, I decided to try some new roads to ride on. At about 7 miles, I went in a direction I had never even driven (country roads). Well, after about a mile, the road suddenly turned to gravel, so I had to turn around. No riding on the rocks for me, thank you. When I got back to town, I went north, on a road I am familiar with (in a car). One thing I didn't realize was how hilly it was. After about 4 miles, I decided to turn around because I was only going 17-18 or so and thought I was wearing out. When I turned around, much to my surprise, I was going 22-23 on the way back - it was one long, slow hill that I didn't even recognize on the way up. I didn't have a world-beater time today, but I think two things were in play. First, my legs were still tired from yesterday's long run. Second, this is the first time I've ridden in almost 2 weeks. I can't have that kind of a lapse anymore. I think I can maintain on once a week riding, but not any less than that.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 00m 58s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 07m 37s /Mi
Great morning for a long run - about 60 degrees and very peaceful. Comfortable pace, but still challenging. I hope to continue with the longer runs to build for October.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 5
Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 10m
Busy day, with work and company. I could have run at night, but I decided to wait until the morning to do a long run instead. I did mow the lawn, so that's worth some walking time.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2
Run
  • 45m 56s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 07m 25s /Mi
This was a pretty good run. I think it's my second fastest 10K, after the one that I got in under 45 a couple weeks ago. The splits were 22:55 and 23:01. This was a quick pace, but fairly relaxed. I was never really pushing hard until about the last quarter mile, when I was trying to get home in under 46. I felt comfortable the whole time. Now I need to work on getting longer runs in, if I'm going to start to build for the DSM Half. I need to start doing some 8-10 mile runs to build my endurance. Plus, those sort of runs will do me well in my tri training. If I can get comfortable running 10 miles, 6 will seem short. I have to work this holiday weekend. But the schedule isn't too bad: I'll work tomorrow morning until about 1, then just rounding on Sunday and Monday morning. I can probably do a short 4 miles tomorrow. Then I'll plan to get a long bike ride on Sunday, and a long run (8 miles?) on Monday. It's supposed to be great weather, so I won't have any excuses!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 4
Day of rest, or, more accurately, day of preparation. TGFFL draft. I might not win this year (again), but I should be a contender. If McNabb can return to form after his injury, and if Bush can live up to the lofty expectations I have for him, this team could be dangerous.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Sick: 2
Swim
  • 51m
  • 2187.23 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards
200m warmup 400m of drills 500m hard (9:25) 100m backstroke 100m breaststroke 500m easy (10:40) 200m cooldown Pretty good swim today, considering it's been about 2 weeks since I've been in the pool. I concentrated on early elbow bend and body rotation today. I like getting a longer workout in - the key for me is getting there early enough to avoid feeling rushed. When I go during the week, I'm usually too short on time to do any drill work.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 3 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 21m 33s
  • 3.20 miles
  • 06m 44s /Mi
I slept in too late today, so I had to just do a short run this morning. But a short run is better than no run. It was already hot and muggy at 7AM (75 degrees, 85% humidity). I can't wait for the summer weather to be over. I also sprained my ankle on a sidewalk with new sod adjacent to it. Nothing too serious, but still bothersome.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3

robfornoff's Training Log

September 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals
  • 2014 totals