The question is: will this make me faster?

Ankeny,IA 
Today
Sunny High 78FLow 58F
  • Temp: 78F
  • Hum: 64%
  • W: 13mph W
TUESDAY
Sunny
High 81F
Low 59F
WEDNESDAY
Light rain shower
High 87F
Low 73F
THURSDAY
Thundery outbreaks in nearby
High 89F
Low 61F
FRIDAY
Partly Cloudy
High 70F
Low 48F

Wednesday - September 5

Run
  • 31m 22s
  • 4.50 miles
  • 06m 58s /Mi
I consider this to be a solid run in the heat today. I felt pretty strong, having taken yesterday off. I think I'll probably be without a swim this week. My pass to the Bell Center expired today, and I didn't get the chance to get over to renew it. I think 4 runs and a bike workout will suffice.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - September 4

I was going to try to run last night, but I was too tired from a very long weekend. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back at it.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Sick: 2

Monday - September 3

Bike
  • 1h 12m 52s
  • 24.80 miles
  • 20.42 Mi/hr
Fantastic morning for a ride. It was about 60 degrees and calm at 6:15 AM when I started. The sun didn't come up for another 20 minutes or so. It's nice when you get out that early on a holiday because there was almost no traffic whatsoever. Very serene. Because of the light traffic and great conditions, I decided to try some new roads to ride on. At about 7 miles, I went in a direction I had never even driven (country roads). Well, after about a mile, the road suddenly turned to gravel, so I had to turn around. No riding on the rocks for me, thank you. When I got back to town, I went north, on a road I am familiar with (in a car). One thing I didn't realize was how hilly it was. After about 4 miles, I decided to turn around because I was only going 17-18 or so and thought I was wearing out. When I turned around, much to my surprise, I was going 22-23 on the way back - it was one long, slow hill that I didn't even recognize on the way up. I didn't have a world-beater time today, but I think two things were in play. First, my legs were still tired from yesterday's long run. Second, this is the first time I've ridden in almost 2 weeks. I can't have that kind of a lapse anymore. I think I can maintain on once a week riding, but not any less than that.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - September 2

Run
  • 1h 00m 58s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 07m 37s /Mi
Great morning for a long run - about 60 degrees and very peaceful. Comfortable pace, but still challenging. I hope to continue with the longer runs to build for October.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 5

Saturday - September 1

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 10m
Busy day, with work and company. I could have run at night, but I decided to wait until the morning to do a long run instead. I did mow the lawn, so that's worth some walking time.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2

Friday - August 31

Run
  • 45m 56s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 07m 25s /Mi
This was a pretty good run. I think it's my second fastest 10K, after the one that I got in under 45 a couple weeks ago. The splits were 22:55 and 23:01. This was a quick pace, but fairly relaxed. I was never really pushing hard until about the last quarter mile, when I was trying to get home in under 46. I felt comfortable the whole time. Now I need to work on getting longer runs in, if I'm going to start to build for the DSM Half. I need to start doing some 8-10 mile runs to build my endurance. Plus, those sort of runs will do me well in my tri training. If I can get comfortable running 10 miles, 6 will seem short. I have to work this holiday weekend. But the schedule isn't too bad: I'll work tomorrow morning until about 1, then just rounding on Sunday and Monday morning. I can probably do a short 4 miles tomorrow. Then I'll plan to get a long bike ride on Sunday, and a long run (8 miles?) on Monday. It's supposed to be great weather, so I won't have any excuses!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 4

Thursday - August 30

Day of rest, or, more accurately, day of preparation. TGFFL draft. I might not win this year (again), but I should be a contender. If McNabb can return to form after his injury, and if Bush can live up to the lofty expectations I have for him, this team could be dangerous.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Sick: 2

robfornoff's Training Log

September 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned