reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat

Also did planks, bridges, single leg squats, sidesteps, and lunges.

Right knee is a little sore today, so I took the day off except for the PT. PT appointment is tomorrow, plus I'm planning a long swim workout, and maybe a bike ride outside if the weather cooperates.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2
Run #1
  • 10m
  • 0.50 miles
  • -----

1/2 mile run, and some stretching.

Run #2
  • 28m 55s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 07m 14s /Mi
Strength
  • 25m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat

Also did PT exercises.

I'm still experimenting with the knee, and so far so good. Today's run was the exact same pace (8.3 MPH) and distance as Saturday. My average HR was 9 beats lower today. I don't know if that represents increased fitness, or more likely, just feeling better today.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 45m
  • 15.26 miles
  • 20.35 Mi/hr

Not my best ride. I really wanted to go to bed, but I forced myself to go down and get on the trainer for 45 minutes.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 2
Run #1
  • 28m 55s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 07m 14s /Mi

Treadmill run - increasing the pace a bit. Legs felt good, knee feels fine.

Run #2
  • 10m
  • 0.60 miles
  • -----

5 minute warmup
5 minutes of stretching

Strength
  • 26m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat

Also did PT exercises. I think these are helping. The key will be doing these on a daily basis going forward.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 20.14 miles
  • 20.14 Mi/hr

Wisconsin and Michigan St. embarrassed themselves and the Big 10 tonight. They might as well have been Northwestern and Iowa out there. Disgusting.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 40m

Good PT session at 8 AM. Exercises are getting somewhat easier as I'm able to do more reps or hold the positions for longer. I'm still planning to ride tonight during basketball.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3
Strength
  • 28m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat

Advancing on the situps. 50 pushups are still hard, but slowly becoming easier. I'm gradually building to Herschel Walker status.

Also did PT regimen: planks, bridges, single leg squats, side steps with resistance band, and lunges.

I was feeling a little sore today, so I decided to take the day off, other than the PT/pushups/situps. PT appointment in the morning tomorrow. I'll get on the bike in the evening during the games. Go KU and UT (Texas, not Tennessee)...

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1640.42 yards
  • -----

Abbreviated drills workout:

250m easy - 5:20
100m drills
250m moderate - 4:50

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 40m

Stretching for about 5 minutes, then strengthening of core, hip abductors, quads, hammies. Also did about 5 minutes of balance work.

I was excited to see today that BT is supporting Garmin devices for uploading routes and workouts! I haven't been able to try it out yet, but I'm hoping it'll just take my route, distance, HR info, and everything directly. That make transferring the data much easier. And by the way, Doug, the GPS watch you see on the front page of the BT website is the exact model I have. I also noticed that even though we're not out of March yet, I've passed the halfway point on my distance swum from last year. I think this is mostly because of 2 things: 1. I can swim longer each time I go to the pool due to better fitness and faster swim times. 2. Having the bike trainer has allowed me to get all my bike workouts done at home, so I can concentrate my gym time on swimming. I don't know if I'll get to my 200K meter goal for the year, but I should at least be able to go 150-160K or so.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3

robfornoff's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals