The question is: will this make me faster?

Ankeny,IA 
Today
Sunny High 73FLow 54F
  • Temp: 47F
  • Hum: 56%
  • W: 11mph SSE
SUNDAY
Light rain shower
High 74F
Low 56F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 72F
Low 46F
TUESDAY
Sunny
High 69F
Low 39F
WEDNESDAY
Heavy rain at times
High 71F
Low 55F

Monday - April 14

Swim
  • 15m
  • 820.21 yards
  • 01m 50s /100 yards

There was a malfunction with the heater at the pool. The water was 89 degrees. Have you ever tried to swim laps in 90-degree water? It was extremely hard to do any sort of workout. But any workout is better than no workout.

Strength
  • 34m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat
  • CHEST - Pushups

Also did a more extended version of the PT exercises.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 2

Sunday - April 13

Strength
  • 25m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat
  • CHEST - Pushups

Did PT exercises as well.

Planned day off before I ramp things back up again tomorrow. I have to say I'm very pleased that my knee doesn't hurt AT ALL today. I mean, it still hurt when I would squat down for extended periods, such as fixing Kaylee's dress at her dance class pictures. But my knees have always been like that. I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to take Anisa to the airport for a conference she's going to in Pheonix. It's 90's there all week. My mom is here to help with the girls (or "grills" as Kaylee says). She's all about the grandma time, so I should have plenty of time to get workouts in. One last comment - I officially signed up for the Copper Creek Tri on June 8. I think it'll be a perfect tune-up/practice run for Hy-Vee. Plus, I seem to do better at the sprint distance anyway. So now I've saved 20 dollars on entry fees with my USAT membership, which after the 10 dollar deduction from last year's Hy-Vee, means that I only need one more USAT sanctioned event to recoup the total cost of a yearly membership ($39). Plus, three events gets you a national ranking. Just like back in the days of playing Command and Conquer online (early days of online gaming).

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Sick: 2

Saturday - April 12

Run #1
  • 10m
  • 0.50 miles
  • -----

5 min. warmup run, then 5 min. of stretching.

Run #2
  • 27m 27s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 06m 52s /Mi

Decided to turn it up another notch tonight on the treadmill. This 4-mile run felt surprisingly smooth - I never really felt like I was pushing myself. I know I could have kept up this pace for a full 10K, but I didn't want to push it that hard, that far, just yet. But the legs felt strong, no knee pain, and breathing was comfortable.

I forgot to put my HR monitor on. I would have liked to have had that information.

Strength
  • 26m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat
  • CHEST - Pushups

Also did PT exercises: planks, bridges, single leg squats, sidesteps, and lunges.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 4

Friday - April 11

Bike
  • 45m
  • 15.52 miles
  • 20.69 Mi/hr

Just enough to keep the legs in shape.

Strength
  • 05m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat
  • CHEST - Pushups
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 40m

Another PT session today. All the exercises are getting easier, so I'm increasing resistance/reps/duration. So I think that's a good thing.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3

Thursday - April 10

Swim
  • 27m
  • 1312.34 yards
  • -----

Short pool workout due to time restraints. But even a little pool time is better than none.

100m warmup
500m drills
500m hard - 8:40
100m cooldown

I don't know what my previous PR for 500m was, but I know that this is the new one. I would give myself a 4 for this workout if I had swum longer.

Edit: previous PR for 500m was 9:04. So that went down by 24 seconds.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - April 9

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 40m
Good PT session today. I didn't get to do my swim today because I met with a guy about getting a Sport Court in our backyard. It's pretty cool, and I think we're going to do it. Recovery week isn't supposed to mean week off, though. Hopefully I'll be able to get over for a swim at lunch or after work tomorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2

Tuesday - April 8

Run
  • 22m 30s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 07m 30s /Mi

3 miles on the treadmill at 1% incline.

Strength
  • 15m

Abbreviated PT.

Come on, no love for the Star Wars Gangsta Rap???

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 3 Overall Workout: 2

robfornoff's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned