The question is: will this make me faster?

Ankeny,IA 
Today
Sunny High 64FLow 41F
  • Temp: 45F
  • Hum: 93%
  • W: 0mph N
WEDNESDAY
Sunny
High 66F
Low 49F
THURSDAY
Partly Cloudy
High 74F
Low 52F
FRIDAY
Sunny
High 72F
Low 55F
SATURDAY
Cloudy
High 80F
Low 67F

Saturday - August 2

Run
  • 12m 33s
  • 1.53 miles
  • 08m 09s /Mi

That's it. I'm done. It shouldn't be painful to run, and I just can't force myself to do it anymore. I can't run hard, and even the slow running hurts every step of the way. Well, literally every other step.

No more races for me until I get my knee figured out. I mean, I'm down to running 3 miles a week, and I can't even keep that up. I'll still keep up with the biking and swimming. I'm going to get another appointment with ortho, and hopefully we can really get a definitive answer.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 3 Overall Workout: 1

Friday - August 1

I was going to swim today, but lack of motivation and the long drive to the Bell Center stopped me.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2

Thursday - July 31

Sport
  • Basketball
  • 1h 00m
This was not ideal conditions for basketball as it was about 85 degrees and it must have been 100% humidity. We were drenched when we were done. I didn't play particularly well either. It was still fun, though.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Sick: 2

Wednesday - July 30

Bike
  • 57m 13s
  • 19.07 miles
  • 20.00 Mi/hr
Easy ride in the morning. I even wore a loose fitting shirt to remind myself to take it easy today. Of course, in the last few miles, I didn't listen to myself, as I pushed hard to get to a 20 average. But that's OK, I was only riding hard for maybe 10 minutes or so. Nice morning for a ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - July 29

Run
  • 24m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi
Still deciding whether I'm going to press on this year or call it a season. It would kind of suck to be done after just 2 races.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 2

Monday - July 28

One more day off, and then I'll get back at it tommorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Sick: 2

Sunday - July 27

Sport
  • Walking
  • 40m

Walked about 2 miles pushing the stroller over to the new office and then a nearby park. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done, and we're opening tomorrow! I spent some time over there moving boxes, putting tables together, cleaning, etc. It'll be good enough to open, but it's nowhere near finished. I'll still be putting tables together between patients tomorrow.

I really don't feel too bad today - just the usual achiness in the knee. I'm going to take a few days and decide if I'm going to still try to do 1-2 more races this year or shut it down and head back to see my ortho again. I'd like to get at least one more USAT race so I can get the ranking they give for people who have done 3 or more. We'll see.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Sick: 2

robfornoff's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance