The question is: will this make me faster?

Ankeny,IA 
Today
Patchy rain nearby High 75FLow 54F
  • Temp: 46F
  • Hum: 96%
  • W: 0mph N
SATURDAY
Sunny
High 68F
Low 48F
SUNDAY
Partly Cloudy
High 69F
Low 54F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 73F
Low 51F
TUESDAY
Sunny
High 53F
Low 39F

Sunday - August 3

Bike
  • 1h 10m 15s
  • 24.86 miles
  • 21.23 Mi/hr

Fairly solid ride today. I wasn't going too hard, but I did have my eye on the 21 MPH mark, so I hit that easily enough. Normally, this would have only earned a 3 rating, but I gave myself a 4 just for getting out and riding, as I was feeling a lack of motivation today.

I almost ran into some idiot on a lawn tractor who was backing into the street without looking. I could see it coming, and I was able to stop in time. It figures though, he was about 65 years old and about 280 pounds, so he probably didn't have the first idea about "cardio."

I think I might be able to use the lack of running as an opportunity to do more biking. Maybe I can ride 4-5 times a week now, now that I don't have to concern myself with saving days for running. 4-5 rides, plus 2-3 swims will be just as good as any other regimen I've done.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - August 2

Run
  • 12m 33s
  • 1.53 miles
  • 08m 09s /Mi

That's it. I'm done. It shouldn't be painful to run, and I just can't force myself to do it anymore. I can't run hard, and even the slow running hurts every step of the way. Well, literally every other step.

No more races for me until I get my knee figured out. I mean, I'm down to running 3 miles a week, and I can't even keep that up. I'll still keep up with the biking and swimming. I'm going to get another appointment with ortho, and hopefully we can really get a definitive answer.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 3 Overall Workout: 1

Friday - August 1

I was going to swim today, but lack of motivation and the long drive to the Bell Center stopped me.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2

Thursday - July 31

Sport
  • Basketball
  • 1h 00m
This was not ideal conditions for basketball as it was about 85 degrees and it must have been 100% humidity. We were drenched when we were done. I didn't play particularly well either. It was still fun, though.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Sick: 2

Wednesday - July 30

Bike
  • 57m 13s
  • 19.07 miles
  • 20.00 Mi/hr
Easy ride in the morning. I even wore a loose fitting shirt to remind myself to take it easy today. Of course, in the last few miles, I didn't listen to myself, as I pushed hard to get to a 20 average. But that's OK, I was only riding hard for maybe 10 minutes or so. Nice morning for a ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - July 29

Run
  • 24m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi
Still deciding whether I'm going to press on this year or call it a season. It would kind of suck to be done after just 2 races.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 2

Monday - July 28

One more day off, and then I'll get back at it tommorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Sick: 2

robfornoff's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance