100 back
2 X 200 pull
100 back
100 CD

Bike
  • 1h 35m
  • 24.00 miles
  • 15.16 Mi/hr

Lunch ride on the road bike. Rode on the 101 south to Torrey Pines and did the climb. Went back down and stopped in Del Mar. Met Jonathan for lunch in Del Mar and then rode back home.

Skipped the run again this morning after the swim. The top of my foot is still swollen and very tender. It hurts to wear any shoe that touches the top of my foot. One more day of rest. I am going to try a lunch time easy bike ride outside.

Strength
  • 25m
Rest day! I may do a strength workout at lunch, but no swimming, biking, or running. I was hoping to get in another big volume week this week and have a recovery week next week, but my body has other ideas. I was really tired and sore yesterday and this morning. I slept in until 6:00 today (2 extra hours).

My right foot is bothering me (why I didn't run yesterday after the swim), so I am hoping 2 days of no running might help. I have had this issue in the past and was told it was a mild stress fracture. Suggested treatment was a boot and rest. Well, I am trying to rest! 2 days should help - right?!?!? ;-) It is the top of the foot on the bone and tendons near the ankle and on the inner side of the top of the foot. It is swollen, tender, and red. I have been icing and taking Advil. It is not yet horrible, or so bad that it will stop me from training, but I don't want it to get to this level.

The SOCRA meeting last night was really good - so glad I went. The guest speaker is doing some amazing research.

Swim
  • 1h 06m
  • 3450.00 yards
  • -----

200 swim
200 pull
100 kick
200 kick
200 pull
4 X 100
8 X 50
16 X 25 (odd back, even free)
200 pull
6 X 25 kick
300 CD

Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) San Diego chapter meeting this evening. I should have enough continuing education credits for the year due to all of the trainings I needed to complete for my new job, but I will attend the meeting. Always good to have more credits that you need and it is a good networking opportunity. Also, the topic for the meeting this evening is interesting - latest research on circadian rhythms.

Bike
  • 1h 45m
  • 27.00 miles
  • 15.43 Mi/hr

Trainer.

Run
  • 1h 05m
  • 7.00 miles
  • 09m 17s /Mi

Afternoon run along the coast. Hot.

Strength
  • 25m
I can tell I am deep into Ironman training - so hungry all the time! Trying to control this hunger and trying to make good food choices, but it is not easy to do. Also, time is limited. I have to schedule when I am cleaning the condo, when I am grocery shopping, when I am doing laundry, etc. Of course, I am fortunate to be able to do this!!! I always try to remember that. So many people would love to have the opportunity to do this.

Busy morning and afternoon with work and work meetings. I now officially the lead Clin Ops on 3 studies - 2 Alzheimers and 1 schizophrenia. Exciting studies.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 30.66 miles
  • 15.33 Mi/hr

trainer

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2600.00 yards
  • -----

La Jolla Shores evening ocean swim. 73 degree water.

Strength
  • 40m

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • -----

Del Mar ocean swim. Water was 72 or warmer - no wetsuit. Big swim group.

Run
  • 3h 08m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

Started off feeling really good running the first few miles. Saw my friend, Jeana, running and training for IM TN race. She was really struggling with the heat and was not feeling well. I turned around and ran with her. We ran a few miles and then stopped in a 7-11 to get her something cold to drink and rest in the A/C for a little bit. I ended up running 10 miles with her. She had to go back to her car and I didn't want her going alone since she still wasn't feeling too great. We did the run/walk/jog back to her car. She kept apologizing for slowing me down. I told her I was running with her because I wanted to - no one was forcing me to!!! I enjoyed the company. Once we reached her car, I only had 6 miles left of my run. Felt good these last 6 miles. It was hot, but I enjoyed the run. IM is a long day and my days of actually really running the marathon are behind me! LOL. It is now more of a run/jog/walk. :-)

amymengel's Training Log

July 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • Chula Vista Challenge (Triathlon)
    8/14/2016 Chula Vista, California