• 08m 15s /Mi

Treadmill after bike.

Strength
  • 25m
Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

To and from the gym.

Early morning workouts. Working. Sister's birthday!!! Making her dinner and brownies for this evening. Love being around my family. I am so happy my sister had kids - my parents are wonderful grandparents.

Run
  • 1h 35m
  • 10.15 miles
  • 09m 21s /Mi

Morning run around the neighborhood.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Evening walk.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.00 miles
  • -----

Stationary bike at the gym.

Strength
  • 25m
Sport #1
  • Stairmaster
  • 15m
Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 45m

Walk to and from the gym. My sister has a great gym in her basement, but no bike. Plus, it is a nice walk.

Another day in the DC area. Working and hanging with my sister and the girls. Laura goes back to work the Tuesday after Labor day (1st grade teacher). Hannah starts kindergarten (I can't believe she is already 5) and Ella (20 months) will go back to day care. Summer is almost over. My parents arrive today (from Cincy) and will be here until the Tuesday after Labor Day. I just love my sister's new house (they got it around Thanksgiving last year). 5 bedrooms, so lots of room for the family. We always joke that it is good Chris (my brother-in-law) likes us! LOL :-) Still amazed at all the features of the neighborhood community. Yes, they pay a home owners association fee, but still there are so many features (sled hill for the winder, dog park areas, soccer field, volleyball court, basketball, pools, boat house with paddle boats and kayaks, nice/big gym, paved trails, nature trails, multiple playgrounds, ponds, picnic shelters). This is such a good place for my nieces to grow up and that makes me so happy. My sister and I joke about how different this is from how we grew up!!!

Run
  • 1h 35m
  • 10.15 miles
  • 09m 21s /Mi

Morning run around the neighborhood.

Strength
  • 45m
Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Evening walk with Laura and the girls.

Still not quite adjusted to Eastern time. By the time I adjust, it will be time to go back to the west coast. :-/

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.45 miles
  • 08m 41s /Mi

Treadmill after the bike.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 20.00 miles
  • -----

Expresso bike - this is fun. Select a program and then bike. The bike actually feels like you are going up and down hills and requires you to stand and/or change gears. You can race a pacer and see where you are going on the screen. A great workout and a big puddle of sweat.

Strength
  • 20m
Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

Walked to the community gym and back. Really nice gym.

Workouts this morning. Doing some errands with my sister this afternoon. I forgot hot humid it can be!!!! Dinner with my friend, Mario, for his 40th birthday.

Swim
  • 10m
  • 500.00 yards
  • -----

Went to the clubhouse pool with my sister and my nieces (Hannah is 5 and Ella will be 2 in November). The girls both love the water. The pool is so nice (of course). They actually have 3 different pools located together. I did break away and swam a 500 and then a little more in the lap lane section of the big/deep pool. Had a fun afternoon playing the the pools with the girls.

Run
  • 2h 30m
  • 15.05 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

First 5 miles with my sister at her pace and the last 10.05 solo. I had a tough time getting back to my pace after running at her pace. It seemed like my body had settled into her "zone."
My sister lives in am AMAZING neighborhood in an AMAZING house. It is like a resort. Lots and lots of paved trails that go around the neighborhood for miles. Nice roads with a wide shoulder that is great for biking. I have seen lots of roadies out riding.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Evening walk to the park and back.

Dinner at Zoe's this evening with sister, brother-in-law, and nieces.

Traveling to DC. :-)
Took Uber to the airport early this morning. I have a few morning meetings and I needed to be in one place for these, so working from the airport it is. 12:30 flight.

amymengel's Training Log

August 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • Tiki Swim - 2.4 Mile (Swim)
    9/25/2016 Oceanside, California