OK - giving in to asthma. I went to sleep last night at 8:30 and slept until 6 this morning. All this extra work breathing was making me exhausted. Hoping this day of rest will help. I am also really tired since it is the last day on the extra medication. Tapering down always messes with my body. Rest today and then a fun weekend of training planned. Holiday - off work tomorrow.

I am at work until noon today and then going to the plastic surgeon for removal of the basal cell carcinoma skin cancer from my back. It is not going to be a fun day. :-( I will be just glad to have this taken care of.

I see IM Canada race now on the calendar. It is interesting how my attitude and training have changed over the past 3 years. I am now much more relaxed about training and train for fun. I am not doing nearly enough volume or intensity to do another sub 11, or even an 11 hour ironman, but I am having fun. I used to worry and think about ironman and training all the time! Now, it is just something I do because it is fun and I like it. I enjoy training with friends and being social. I also enjoy training on my own for fun. It is nice to not put all the pressure on myself. I used to really beat myself up, stress, and worry about training and racing. It is good to be in a place where I am really just doing this for fun. I am very aware that I will not have a fast race since I am not training for a fast race, and I am ok with this. WOW - I have changed. LOL. I think I am finally finding balance in myself and in my life.
Run
  • 52m
  • 5.30 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

Lunch run

And I skipped the morning swim again...... Still dealing with asthma, but I could/should have swam. The pool is outside, so the chemicals are not too bad. I am just so tired. It takes a lot of extra effort and energy to do anything when breathing is restricted.

Bike
  • 1h 45m
  • 27.70 miles
  • 15.83 Mi/hr

Trainer

Run
  • 38m
  • 3.85 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Hill lunch run with co-worker. Still coughing and wheezing. Getting a little nervous since I am tapering off the additional medication and I am still having problems. I have 2 more days on the extra medication. Usually by this point in the cycle I am doing better than I am currently am. Frustrating. I am doing what I can.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.00 miles
  • 15.33 Mi/hr

Trainer

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 3600.00 yards
  • -----

La Jolla ocean swim. Shores to cove and back to shores. A really nice evening swim. Still coughing, but feeling better.

Strength
  • 30m

Run
  • 1h 15m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

Afternoon coast run.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 2100.00 yards
  • -----

Del Mar ocean swim.

Still on lots of asthma medication and not at 100%, but continuing to do better. Hope these improvements continue.

Did some baking this afternoon.

Bike
  • 4h 45m
  • 70.55 miles
  • 14.85 Mi/hr

50 miles inland loop and Elfin Forrest with Mike and April. April stopped after 50 while Mike and I rode the coast for 20 more miles.

Run
  • 2h 40m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

Brick run. Mike and I ran, but ran solo.

Swim
  • 38m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • -----

Ocean swim at Moonlight beach with Mike and April.

Still having asthma issues, but enough improvement to get out and train today. Did a metric ironman. :-) Walked from our place over to Moonlight beach for the swim and then walked back to our place to transition to the bike and then later for the run. Fun, but slow. Several breaks for coughing and breathing. At least there were no attacks and I was able to keep things under control. A long day, but fun.

amymengel's Training Log

July 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals