• 40m
  • 2100.00 yards
  • -----

2 X 500
200 kick
200 back
200 pull
100 CD

An easy morning swim to stretch out the muscles. Feeling almost fully recovered.

Back to work today. No workouts so I went to lunch with my co-workers, Monica and Erica. :-)
Travel day back to San Diego.
A rest and recovery day in Whister. So glad I finished the race. It was rough!!!
Swim
  • 1h 07m 57s
  • 4224.00 yards
  • 01m 37s /100 yards

Clear lake. Water temp 68%. Full wetsuit. Very choppy. Raining. Rough mass start.
I took the swim very easy. I was cold all morning and could't seem to warm up. My lung hurt and I tried to avoid getting kicked and pulled.

Bike
  • 6h 37m 57s
  • 112.00 miles
  • 16.89 Mi/hr

A very difficult bike course, even is great weather conditions. Rain and very cold. Wet roads made for slow and cautious descending. The last 25 miles of the course is all climbing up! Very poor with my nutrition. I was too cold to eat/drink. Felt sick. Only had on tri kit, wind vest, and arm warmer. I really needed gloves, shoe covers, and a full jacket. Cold, wet, and miserable. No stops. Clipped in and stayed clipped until T2.

Run
  • 4h 52m 11s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 11m 09s /Mi

2 loop with rolling hills - not too bad. A really nice run course around 2 lakes. I was still cold an wet. Had a long sleeve shirt to put on over the tri kit. Poor nutrition. I was still too cold to eat or drink. I tried, but felt sick. Did some walking. More rain.

AMY ENGEL
OVERALL RANK: 586 DIV RANK: 23
GENERAL INFO
BIB 645
Division F35-39
State San Diego CA
Country USA

RACE SUMMARY
Swim:1:07:57
Bike: 6:37:57
Run: 4:52:11
Overall: 12:52:46

T1: Swim-to-bike 9:08
T2: Bike-to-run 5:33

A very cold, wet, and miserable day. This was a very challenging course. So happy to have finished! :-)
Ironman # 11 - FINISHED!

• RACE DAY: Ironman Canada
Run
  • 15m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 10m /Mi
More rain and chilly temperatures. :-( Did a short 15 minute run, but skipped a short ride. Also, skipped a practice swim. I was already cold and had no desire to get in the lake. My lung still hurts, but it is getting better.

Relaxed in the room until about 9 and then went for a short run. Turned in the gear bags and the bikes, stopped for lunch, and now hoping to spend the rest of the day relaxing in the hotel. The room has a fireplace, which we are actually using! We have food here for dinner.

I am very excited for the race tomorrow. We can't control the weather, so I will make it is good day. I want to have fun and finish. :-)

Wow - It is so pretty here! Love it. The weather is a bit chilly and light rain. I am hoping for some sunshine and a few extra degrees for Sunday. Oh well, it will be what it will be.

Breakfast, athlete check-in, pick up bikes at TriBike Transport, race expo, grocery store, and a few errands around the village. Decided not to do a short spin or run due to the rain. Hoping to get to do this, and a practice swim, tomorrow.

The room is great! Complete with a full kitchen, which is always nice. I would rather buy food at the grocery store and not need to go in and out so often. Relaxing a bit this afternoon and will then be going out for dinner.

Race #645

amymengel's Training Log

July 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • July's totals