• 51m 55s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi
Sport
  • Walking
  • 40m

2 mile walk with bikes to start

It's my BIRTHDAY!!!   :-)

Thanks for all the b-day wishes.  The race was great.  Perfect weather & a fun day.   Will post details later, but total time was 2:36:17.   
1st in age group
3rd female overall

Tammy (Tnickerson) & I meet in the hotel lobby early to head to the race.  We picked up our timing chip and were body marked.  We then had to walk or ride our bikes to the swim start.  Andy was with us so we walked.  It was a 2 mile walk.  Great warm up!  I'm always so nervous before a race.  Thank goodness Tammy was there to calm me down. 

Almost everyone was wearing wet suits - water was 67 degrees.  I'm not a huge wetsuit fan and didn't think it was worth the effort for 1500 meters.  The swim was two loops.  I started off and was with 2 girls in the lead.  They pulled away.  It takes me a bit to find my pace.  I never feel great at the start.  Maybe it is still the nerves.  The second loop felt great.  I did better with sighting and was passing lots of the men - love that!  I caught the two girls that had left me.  Took my time in transition - too slow!

Bike ride was flat & fast.  Very pretty course.  In line skating race was on the same course and it was fun to watch and pass them.  Had some wind to deal with on the way back.  I was surprised how much the wind picked up.  I saw Tammy as I was on my way back.  She was smiling!

T2 seemed to go faster.  I felt great on the run.  Most of the run was on gravel road/path around the water.  An out and back.  It was very pretty.  Quiet - no fans around to cheer, but nice.  I saw Andy with about a mile left on the run.  He was yelling, "Happy Birthday."  I was smiling the entire race thinking about what a wonderful birthday it was!!

Talked to a few people at the finish line and then decided to go back out and find Tammy.  Andy & I walked out to the run course.  I found her and then ran the last mile or so with her.  She was holding her pace and doing great.  It was so fun to see her cross the finish line.  We packed up our gear, headed back to the hotel to shower, and then left for home. 

Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

open water - Findlay, Ohio

Working on a few things for work this morning and heading to Findlay, Ohio.  It will be fun to race tomorrow with Tammy (tnickerson)! 

It has been a fun day.  Andy gave me my b-day gift early - a triathlete charm.  I love it.  Arrived in Findlay around 1:00ish.  Meet up with Tammy at the hotel & chatted.  Yes, I talk a lot.  LOL!  We headed over to the race site to drive the bike course & swim.  The course is FLAT!  We went for a short swim.  The water was a little choppy & COLD.  It ended up not being too bad once we were in and moving.  We earned a peach square (just for you Abbie).  At packet pick up we learned that we were not allowed to swim in the water except during the race.  Oh well!!  Tammy, Andy, and I went to dinner (yummy Italian) and then for ice cream/frozen yogart.  I'm excited for the race tomorrow!

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 25.92 miles
  • 17.28 Mi/hr

trainer

Swim
  • 37m
  • 2050.00 yards
  • -----

500 SKIPS
50 cd

Strength
  • 1h 00m

More rain today.  Will need to bike today.  It may be on the trainer.  Yep - trainer ride.  Rain did clear away later and I made it to the pool for a swim.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.74 miles
  • 08m 54s /Mi

treadmill

Strength
  • 50m

Busy day at work with lots of meetings.  Gym this afternoon.  It was raining, so ran on the treadmill.  Rain has stopped, but it looks like it may start again.  Not sure if I'll make it to the pool tonight for a swim. 

I see a green square for this weekend and it is on my BIRTHDAY!!!  Saturday will be a great day!  :-)

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • -----

Hueston Woods - open water swim

Bike
  • 1h 04m 44s
  • 17.31 miles
  • 16.04 Mi/hr
Run
  • 31m 14s
  • 3.45 miles
  • 09m 03s /Mi
Strength
  • 1h 00m

Half day vacation!  :-)  Gym early this morning.  Then, back home to work a little.  Decided to go to Hueston Woods this morning and then work a little more this afternoon.  First open water swim of the season.  Lake was dark, but very calm.  Fairly clean too - no scum.  Water was a bit chilly, so I wore my wetsuit.  I'm still not a big fan of wetsuits.  Guessed on the swim distance.  Had a great morning.  Now I better get soem work done!!

Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.17 miles
  • 16.34 Mi/hr

stationary bike

Swim
  • 18m 14s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • -----

2 X 500

Strength
  • 1h 00m

back, bi's, abs, stretching

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

treadmill

Run
  • 1h 41m 51s
  • 10.48 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi
Swim
  • 50m
  • 3100.00 yards
  • -----

200 swim
200 kick
2 X 100 IM
200 pull
200 swim
2 X 1000
100 IM

The run was about 6 miles shorter than planned in addition to be slower than planned.  My asthma was bothing me this morning and my lungs were tight.  Had to walk some.  Maybe pollen, grass, or tress are in bloom and that was bothering me.  Not exactly sure, but it was not a fun run.  Decided to cut it short.  Plan on swimming later. Hope that goes better. 

amymengel's Training Log

June 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals