• 15h 07m 43s
  • 224.00 miles
  • 14.81 Mi/hr

All of bike listed under Friday.

Swim
  • 2h 19m 06s
  • 8448.00 yards
  • 01m 39s /100 yards
High temps in the mid 50's and RAIN! Miserable race conditions. Just miserable!

• RACE DAY: Virginia Double Ironman Triathlon

Thursday - October 10

Raining and chilly. :-( Race prep. So glad Tammy and Fred are here with me. Exciting to share this experience with such wonderful friends.

Wednesday - October 9

Travel day. San Diego to Washington DC.

Tuesday - October 8

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 24.10 miles
  • 16.07 Mi/hr

Trainer - morning.

Skipped the brick run. Still having foot pain. A 20 minute run today is not going to really change the outcome of my race.

Monday - October 7

Swim
  • 28m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • -----

La Jolla Shores ocean swim.

Race week!!! Going to try to rest as much as possible this week. Almost packed. Just need to put in last minute things. WOW! This is a lot of gear/nutrition/stuff!

Meeting on base this morning for work. I have a 2nd interview today at lunch with UCSD.

Sunday - October 6

Run
  • 56m
  • 6.16 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

Del Mar

Saturday - October 5

Run
  • 28m 14s
  • 3.15 miles
  • 08m 57s /Mi

Brick run.

Bike
  • 1h 50m
  • 32.59 miles
  • 17.78 Mi/hr

Fiesta Island

The Kuota tri bike is taken apart and packed in the bike box. It is much easier to take apart than the Trek 9.9 Speed Concept. I still don't know what to do about that frame. TSA has my claim and it is currently under review. They have 6 months to make a decision. Why do I have a feeling they are not going to pay it??? I have checked around about repair. Carbon Frame Repair here in San Diego said it can not be repaired. Three other bike shops stated it can not be repaired and they all contacted Trek to confirm. I now have the info and picture submitted to Ruckus in Madison, WI about a repair. I have heard they can do repairs that other places can't. I should hear back from them early next week. If the frame can be repaired, then I will have it fixed. I hope it can be fixed. This is the best (cheapest) option. If it can't be repaired, then I need to decide if I will get another Trek frame, or if I will go with another frame. I am starting to check other other bikes.

Going to see Abbie (AbbieR) this evening for dinner. She is in SoCal at her brother's house watching the kids this weekend. We are going to meet in Oceanside at the Harbor.

amymengel's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races