Life in San Diego

Saturday - October 26

Bike
  • 1h 49m
  • 25.37 miles
  • 13.97 Mi/hr

Del Mar to 56 bike path and back through Del Mar - with Mike.

Run
  • 28m
  • 3.12 miles
  • 08m 58s /Mi

Light the Night 5k charity run. Ran with Mike

Friday - October 25

Strength
  • 30m
Still no job offer from UCSD or Isis Pharma. Come on UCSD!!!!! I had a call today about another position I applied for last month. The position is with Tri-City Medical Center located just south of Oceanside. It would be another long commute (like Isis) and I am so tired of interviews. Interview is scheduled for Monday. Until I have an offer, I need to stay open for all options. Things with my current job are still going okay. The job will last until late summer and they are submitting another grant for a similar research study that would extend my job and the jobs of my co-workers at Walter Reed and the Pensacola Navy Base. I am not feeling too confident the new grant will be funded and then also approved by the government. Even if it is, I really need a different position.

I want to make some decisions about races for next year. I have a list, but it is all so expensive!

Thursday - October 24

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.72 miles
  • 15.72 Mi/hr

Trainer.

Hair appointment for a trim and highlights this evening.

Wednesday - October 23

Planned to swim Masters today, but I left base later than expected. Thought about swimming on my own, but decided to skip it. Feeling a little sore from yesterday's strength workout. It is the off season, so I am taking a rest day. :-)

Tri Club meeting this evening.

Tuesday - October 22

Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.12 miles
  • 16.24 Mi/hr

Trainer. I had planned on taking another week off before getting back on the bike, but I was missing it.

Strength
  • 1h 05m
Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m
Massage and a pedicure this afternoon. :-) My body needed this.

Monday - October 21

Swim
  • 52m
  • 3400.00 yards
  • -----

Ocean swim. La Jolla shores to cove and back.

Strength
  • 35m

Sunday - October 20

Swim
  • 32m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • -----

Del Mar ocean swim. Water was over calm and clear today.

Both the final interviews are completed. Both places stated they will let me know in a few weeks. I hope I get at least one offer!!!

amymengel's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races