Life in San Diego

Sunday - October 27

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • -----

Del Mar ocean swim. Chilly water 62 degrees. Brrrrr.

I had fun running last night and most of my body is ready to run. My foot is the exception. It hurts!!! Still not healed. I know it has not been that long. I just need to give it more time. Now is the time to let it fully recover.

Dinner this evening with Mike, Meghann, and Dave. It was great to exchange race stories with Meghann. She raced Kona the same weekend as the double Anvil. We are not back to our morning runs, so we had so much catching up to do. Dave strongly advices me to not run for a month. That is a long time! :-(

Saturday - October 26

Bike
  • 1h 49m
  • 25.37 miles
  • 13.97 Mi/hr

Del Mar to 56 bike path and back through Del Mar - with Mike.

Run
  • 28m
  • 3.12 miles
  • 08m 58s /Mi

Light the Night 5k charity run. Ran with Mike

Friday - October 25

Strength
  • 30m
Still no job offer from UCSD or Isis Pharma. Come on UCSD!!!!! I had a call today about another position I applied for last month. The position is with Tri-City Medical Center located just south of Oceanside. It would be another long commute (like Isis) and I am so tired of interviews. Interview is scheduled for Monday. Until I have an offer, I need to stay open for all options. Things with my current job are still going okay. The job will last until late summer and they are submitting another grant for a similar research study that would extend my job and the jobs of my co-workers at Walter Reed and the Pensacola Navy Base. I am not feeling too confident the new grant will be funded and then also approved by the government. Even if it is, I really need a different position.

I want to make some decisions about races for next year. I have a list, but it is all so expensive!

Thursday - October 24

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.72 miles
  • 15.72 Mi/hr

Trainer.

Hair appointment for a trim and highlights this evening.

Wednesday - October 23

Planned to swim Masters today, but I left base later than expected. Thought about swimming on my own, but decided to skip it. Feeling a little sore from yesterday's strength workout. It is the off season, so I am taking a rest day. :-)

Tri Club meeting this evening.

Tuesday - October 22

Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.12 miles
  • 16.24 Mi/hr

Trainer. I had planned on taking another week off before getting back on the bike, but I was missing it.

Strength
  • 1h 05m
Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m
Massage and a pedicure this afternoon. :-) My body needed this.

Monday - October 21

Swim
  • 52m
  • 3400.00 yards
  • -----

Ocean swim. La Jolla shores to cove and back.

Strength
  • 35m

amymengel's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time