Trainer - evening.

Run
  • 1h 35m
  • 10.38 miles
  • 09m 09s /Mi

Mission Bay with Meghann.

Another crazy work day.

Monday - August 26

Feeling a bit tired this morning, so I slept in and skipped the 1.5 hour trainer ride. I was up late picking Mike up from the airport and then having a relationship discussion. It is going to be a tough early part of the week with my boss in town. I needed some extra rest to deal with everything. Although I had my alarm set for 6:30 instead of 4:00, I started waking up at 4:00 and just napped off and on until 6:30. Interesting how our body gets in a schedule. Even with me being up until almost midnight, my body still expected to be awake at 4:00. I am not sore from the weekend workouts, just tired. This is to be expected as it was a busy weekend and I didn't really have much down time to rest and relax. I am planning on an ocean swim tonight.

Didn't make it to the ocean swim. Crazy work day. :-( I am sure a rest day after the big training weekend is okay.

Sunday - August 25

Run
  • 3h 43m
  • 22.56 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Good run. Nice and steady. Mission Bay. Felt really good and strong until 2:30 in, and then my legs felt tired and heavy which slowed my pace. I kept moving forward. :-)

I have put in some big training weeks in the past (I do love to train), but I think this just might be the winner. ;-)

Saturday - August 24

Run
  • 20m 25s
  • 2.30 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

It felt so good to be off the bike!! I felt good physically and mentally. I was very irritable. After spending all day on the bike dealing with rude and inconsiderate drivers, I had my fill of people for the day. Running around Mission Bay on the path on a weekend afternoon was a big mistake. I was in quite the mood. Tons of people, kids, dogs. Inconsiderate people using the path. Walking 4 across, parents not keeping their kids on one side of the path, people letting the dog leash stretch across the path. My run needed to be longer, but I just could not tolerate the people anymore. I turned back. Next time I will take a longer transition and drive the 5 minutes back to my place and run from my house. Fewer people. Good news was I felt okay starting the run after that long of a ride. Long, slow run with some walking incorporated in it tomorrow.

Bike
  • 10h 06m
  • 158.60 miles
  • 15.70 Mi/hr

Drove my car to Mission By to have a place for "real food." Did 3 loops around Fiesta Island testing out my bike light. It is okay, but I think I need something a little brighter and the addition of a helmet light. I think I can borrow these from a friend. This was my first time biking in the dark. It was a little strange at first, but I seemed to adjust. Met Meghann at the car at 6:00AM and we headed out for 100 miles. Biked from Mission Bay up around UCSD, Torre Pines (huge, long hill), coast ride up to Camp P. Bike through Camp P and to the end of the path. We then turned around and headed back. Meghann had just over 100 when I dropped her off. I was at 120. I ate real food and then biked the rest of the miles around Fiesta Island. Windy.....of course. The wind was not like that at 5:00AM - LOL! I started feeling a little sick to my stomach around 145 miles. I made myself drink lots of water and that seemed to help. Finished the ride at my car and transitioned to the run. I was very happy to get off the bike.

Friday - August 23

Swim
  • 31m
  • 1700.00 yards
  • -----

Planned to go to masters practice, but was too busy with work. :-( Had time for a short workout at lunch.

200 kick
200 pull

Run
  • 1h 54m
  • 12.01 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

Mission Bay.

I really need a new job. This job is going to end in less than a year and it is not going anywhere. Tired of dealing with the mess. Bad day.

Thursday - August 22

Bike
  • 3h 10m
  • 53.25 miles
  • 16.82 Mi/hr

Morning ride around Fiesta Island.

Run
  • 22m
  • 2.42 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

Brick run.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • -----

2000 steady pace
200 cd

I didn't eat enough before swimming. I was VERY hungry.

I talked with Steve, race director, for the double iron today. Great guy. He gave me some info about the race schedule and the race in general. I am nervous/excited/nervous/excited. I feel like I have a ton of training to do in the next few weeks. I am most worried about biking in the dark. I think I will be okay running, but the biking worries me. I am going to test out my lights on Saturday (this is the plan). I have a friend that has lights I can also borrow for a back up and if I don't think mine are good enough. I am going to have the best crew with Jenn, Tammy, and Fred! :-)

Wednesday - August 21

Run
  • 1h 15m
  • 7.68 miles
  • 09m 46s /Mi

After work. Ran on the path by the river. Tired. Very windy. Within the first 4 minutes, the wind blew my hat off twice, so after that, I carried it for the run. Very slow, but I moved forward.

Swim
  • 1h 11m
  • 4200.00 yards
  • -----

I made it off base earlier than expected today and had time to make it to the noon YMCA Masters practice during lunch. I got my butt kicked again...and loved it.

200 kick
5 X 200 (base, base + 5 sec, base, base + 5 sec, base)
5 X 200 (base - 5 sec, base, base - 5 sec, base, base -5 sec)
5 X 200 (base 3:00)
400 cd

Strength
  • 10m

amymengel's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31