Life in San Diego

Saturday - June 28

Bike
  • 4h 11m
  • 76.10 miles
  • 18.19 Mi/hr

From Olympic Training center around Otay Lake.

Run
  • 52m 48s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 48s /Mi

Brick run around Olympic Training Center and the lake.

Solo brick.

Dinner with Mario and his mom - a very nice evening.

Friday - June 27

Booked my flight to go to DC for Thanksgiving. My sister is scheduled to have her baby (by C-section) the week before. My parents will be there, so I will join them all for Thanksgiving. It doesn't look like I will have enough vacation to also go home to Cincinnati or to DC for Christmas, so I had to pick one holiday. :-( Thanksgiving won this year.

Didn't sleep well last night. Skipped another swim this morning.

Thursday - June 26

Run
  • 50m
  • 5.60 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi
Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.70 miles
  • 15.60 Mi/hr

Trainer - after run.

Lots going on at work - short 2 Clinical Trial Managers. One of my co-workers is not returning after 3 month maternity leave. She found a job that will allow her to work from home (doing what we do now). A huge downfall of my company is the lack of the ability to work from home on a regular basis. Another co-worker is out on leave due to her husband being sick. Her husband has a blood cancer and has been in the ICU for a week - things don't look good - so sad. It will be a while before she is back. We are also looking to hire one Clinical Trial Associate to help us manage the trials. Of course everyone is already working to their full capability and now we need to take on more. The top management has not been too understanding with the lack of staffing when it comes to the workload and meeting project deadlines. Hoping we can hire some quality people soon. Of course it doesn't help that I am still learning my job/role and need lots of help and guidance. I have been here since December and I still don't feel confident in what I am doing.

Wednesday - June 25

Strength
  • 45m

Tuesday - June 24

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 19.92 miles
  • 15.94 Mi/hr

Trainer.

Run
  • 32m
  • 3.41 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

Hill run at lunch with a co-worker.

A busy week this week with appointments after work every day.

Monday - June 23

Swim
  • 57m
  • 3412.00 yards
  • -----

Ocean swim. Some chop, but the water was 70 degrees. Swam in my Speedo - no wetsuit! :-)

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Sunday - June 22

Run
  • 2h 30m
  • 16.48 miles
  • 09m 06s /Mi

Friers Rd on the bike path to the path along the river. Cross over the bridge on Sunset Cliffs. Ocean Beach bike path and then back.

Swim
  • 38m
  • 2385.00 yards
  • -----

La Jolla Shores with April. Water was 69 degrees - no wetsuit. Wore my new speed suit to test it - I love it.

amymengel's Training Log

June 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races