Practice Love

Saturday - November 2

Bike
  • 1h 00m 24s
  • -----
  • -----

Bikey bikey, NCIS LA Chris O'Donnell fun!

Run
  • 1h 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Happy trotting about the neighborhood. Everyone has pretty tight security around here--it's impossible to get in at night unless you know exactly which barricades will be up. There's a devilishly simple (but changing) system for it, and also, the same group of guards rotates at the open barricades to see who's coming in or out and they know everyone pretty well.

Anyway, they all salute me when I'm going about the neighborhood! Mutti too. One of them also gave me a big smile today and said, "Always exercising! So disciplined." I surely beamed back :) probably not just with my mouth, either. Clothes get pretty soggy in the tropics ...

Swim
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Those blasted swim cords! Well, it's been a swim wash week for me, so may as well be doing this.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 21m

Yogaaaah ... rap yoga! Now that's a new one for me. And completely incongruously, at the end, there was one country song?! (I listen to online radio by genre)

Today would have been Pa's 84th birthday.

Of course he was a Scorpio.

Friday - November 1

Bike
  • 41m
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----
Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

One swim cords session. Serious sweat!

Sport
  • Transition Area Cleaning
  • 30m

More room excavation ... especially since MUTTI'S NEW HELPER SHOWED UP TODAY!!!! and I don't want her to have a heart attack the first time she sees my room.

One thing about Mutti's Alzheimer’s is that, along with her memories, a lot of the social filters are peeling off, too. In a disease with nearly no redeeming qualities (as opposed to, say, choosing to deal with obesity which can inspire you to live better) I find this quite refreshing and endearing. After dinner tonight, I said, “Excuse me, please,” and got up from the table.

Mutti said, “You know, I appreciate it so much that you say that, and then it’s okay that you’re leaving.”

I smiled. “You taught me that from the time I was four years old. I learned quickly!”

She raised an eyebrow—“So you think!”

Thursday - October 31

Bike
  • 5h 15m 37s
  • -----
  • -----

Wednesday - October 30

Run
  • 1h 40m 10s
  • -----
  • -----

About 1:25 powerwalkies and 0:15 aquajog in our pool after.

Swim
  • 36m
  • 1700.00 meters
  • -----

Well, that was a wash--literally, kinda just like getting in and having a wash before the storm broke!

WU: 200 EZ, 4x50 (25 back kick, 25 swim), 100 kick
MS: 400 IM, 400 free build, 400 free w/6 press-outs at each 100

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 22m

This is fairly typical Jakarta traffic.

I say "fairly" because we also have our bad days.

Tuesday - October 29

Bike
  • 45m 42s
  • -----
  • -----

Hard intervals. Gut buster. Woof.

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

It was a dark and stormy morning ... and afternoon, and night ... this was 20min powerwalk out in perfectly bright, sunny weather, then 10min run pell mell home like hell as the storm threatened to break again!

Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim cords, since no swimmie obviously. MOFO@*&$^!!!!

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 42m

That was a really nice deep session. No, it was not with Kingsley ;)

There's carnage all over the city from the storm. This WAS my brother's back wall -- we're talking a 3m high cement wall -- it collapsed and blew into the pool, along with half the garden! (You can see what's left of the pool ladders both on the far left and far right). His wife set whatever flowerpots weren't totally wrecked back up on the unwrecked side of the pool.

Monday - October 28

Bike
  • 2h 00m 09s
  • -----
  • -----

About 18min was in Z4, and the rest about half-half Z2/Z3 but all spinny.

Sport #1
  • Stair Running
  • 05m

Well I think 'running' is overstating it a bit. But real stairs, and not just running up n down the stairs at the house like I do all day. Although that is usually a total of 500 up AND 500 down, at least, every day.

Sport #2
  • 30m

How is it that I don't have Excavation Work listed as a sport?! Finally got my room cleared up enough for the maid to actually clean it tomorrow.

Sport #3
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Mutti went to pottery class today!

She doesn't remember it, but she remembers having a really good time somewhere other than home, and next week she'll have Christmas ornaments to bring back. :) I REALLY REALLY hope we can replace all those shitty embarrassing ornaments I made in kindy that she so proudly displays every year. Heh.

Good thing she was out, too. Fachin' ca-razy at the Crazy Castle today! Gas leak, water pump broke, all during a major electrical storm, half our staff is on leave (and no new helper for Mutti--yet) ... fun times!

But it all got dealt with, without Mutti freaking out or being in the way, and ... WE HAVE A NEW HELPER STARTING FRIDAY!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!

Sunday - October 27

Run
  • 2h 22m 22s
  • -----
  • -----

Long powerwalkies! Woulda gone a bit longer but a hella thunderstorm was about to break (and it got dark about 45 minutes before it usually does). The watch really did say that when I stopped :)

Sport
  • 18m

a.k.a. Room Excavation--if you've ever seen "before" pics of my rooms (I should have taken one this time--heck, I could still take one now and it would look like a "before" pic), you'd agree it's a loggable activity!

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned

Time

Upcoming races

• MetaMan Bintan Triathlon - Half Course (Triathlon)
    8/23/2014 Bintan,
  • Ironman Malaysia (Triathlon)
    9/27/2014 Langkawi Island,

Totals

• July's totals
  • June's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals