Bike
  • 1h 25m 11s
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 53m
  • -----
  • -----

wonderful sunset/early night trot around the hood. the sun plops over the horizon and it's dark in a few minutes; we don't have a dusk here. come to think of it, with the pollution, we hardly ever really see the sun here. wtf happened to my shift key.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

So needed. Mofo of a day and it's gonna be a long night.

The left shift key was stuck by a crumb. Time to clean out the keyboard?

So. Fucking. Busy. Own stupidity I didn't check whether any of the weekdays this week were a holiday, and of course, they are. Which means an entire workday and half I was counting on doesn't exist. To be fair, between all the Hindu holidays in Bali and all the Muslim ones in Jakarta--and all the major Christian and Buddhist ones, too--there's always a fucking holiday and it's my own damn fault I didn't check. It just takes forever to get things done here to begin with--rubber time, island time--and everything always being interrupted by a holiday doesn't help.

Sunday - November 3

Run
  • 1h 26m
  • -----
  • -----

I was gonna do more, but that was enough. May have a nice easy spinny tonight to shake the legs loose and some swim cords only *IF I REALLY* feel like it.

Saturday - November 2

Bike
  • 1h 00m 24s
  • -----
  • -----

Bikey bikey, NCIS LA Chris O'Donnell fun!

Run
  • 1h 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Happy trotting about the neighborhood. Everyone has pretty tight security around here--it's impossible to get in at night unless you know exactly which barricades will be up. There's a devilishly simple (but changing) system for it, and also, the same group of guards rotates at the open barricades to see who's coming in or out and they know everyone pretty well.

Anyway, they all salute me when I'm going about the neighborhood! Mutti too. One of them also gave me a big smile today and said, "Always exercising! So disciplined." I surely beamed back :) probably not just with my mouth, either. Clothes get pretty soggy in the tropics ...

Swim
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Those blasted swim cords! Well, it's been a swim wash week for me, so may as well be doing this.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 21m

Yogaaaah ... rap yoga! Now that's a new one for me. And completely incongruously, at the end, there was one country song?! (I listen to online radio by genre)

Today would have been Pa's 84th birthday.

Of course he was a Scorpio.

Friday - November 1

Bike
  • 41m
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----
Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

One swim cords session. Serious sweat!

Sport
  • Transition Area Cleaning
  • 30m

More room excavation ... especially since MUTTI'S NEW HELPER SHOWED UP TODAY!!!! and I don't want her to have a heart attack the first time she sees my room.

One thing about Mutti's Alzheimer’s is that, along with her memories, a lot of the social filters are peeling off, too. In a disease with nearly no redeeming qualities (as opposed to, say, choosing to deal with obesity which can inspire you to live better) I find this quite refreshing and endearing. After dinner tonight, I said, “Excuse me, please,” and got up from the table.

Mutti said, “You know, I appreciate it so much that you say that, and then it’s okay that you’re leaving.”

I smiled. “You taught me that from the time I was four years old. I learned quickly!”

She raised an eyebrow—“So you think!”

Thursday - October 31

Bike
  • 5h 15m 37s
  • -----
  • -----

Wednesday - October 30

Run
  • 1h 40m 10s
  • -----
  • -----

About 1:25 powerwalkies and 0:15 aquajog in our pool after.

Swim
  • 36m
  • 1700.00 meters
  • -----

Well, that was a wash--literally, kinda just like getting in and having a wash before the storm broke!

WU: 200 EZ, 4x50 (25 back kick, 25 swim), 100 kick
MS: 400 IM, 400 free build, 400 free w/6 press-outs at each 100

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 22m

This is fairly typical Jakarta traffic.

I say "fairly" because we also have our bad days.

Tuesday - October 29

Bike
  • 45m 42s
  • -----
  • -----

Hard intervals. Gut buster. Woof.

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

It was a dark and stormy morning ... and afternoon, and night ... this was 20min powerwalk out in perfectly bright, sunny weather, then 10min run pell mell home like hell as the storm threatened to break again!

Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim cords, since no swimmie obviously. MOFO@*&$^!!!!

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 42m

That was a really nice deep session. No, it was not with Kingsley ;)

There's carnage all over the city from the storm. This WAS my brother's back wall -- we're talking a 3m high cement wall -- it collapsed and blew into the pool, along with half the garden! (You can see what's left of the pool ladders both on the far left and far right). His wife set whatever flowerpots weren't totally wrecked back up on the unwrecked side of the pool.

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned