If the Fat Crazy Cat Lady Can ...

Monday - April 22

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Really had to take a day off today--in every way--I even had a hot piglet date tonight I cancelled on!

Slept and slept and slept and slept, then napped, now resting. :)

I did do a really fun 10K yesterday, though. And yes, I wrote a race report. With piglet pics and all (link in yesterday's blog entry).

3 Items of Gratitude: rest. You. Bali!!!

3 Things Done Well: rested, ate reasonably well despite limited stuff in the house, yoooooga.

3 Things to Work On: answering texts when I get them (or I'll forget) ... I'm only working on one thing a day now.

Sunday - April 21

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 1h 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Most of that was the running event but some v. easy cool-down running as well.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

10 min to the running venue and then back to my car.

Saturday - April 20

Run
  • 40m 40s
  • -----
  • -----

Hothothothothot. Middle of the day, about 36 C I think, near total-humidity (was going to rain imminently but sun still bearing down).

BALI TRAVEL DAY! YAAAAAAAAY! I AM BACK ON MY OWN ISLAND!

Although I'm developing a strange and frightening fondness for my hometown Jakarta again.

Friday - April 19

Bike
  • 1h 45m 01s
  • -----
  • -----

On an all-new and improved Red Robber and a brand spankin' new CycleOps Magneto! So excited. Felt fantastic. Put in a pretty hard ride.

Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie brickie after the swim.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2500.00 meters
  • -----

The I HATE YOU SHEILA T program continues with aplomb!

WU: 2x
100 free @2:05, 2x50 kick @1:30, 2x50 1-arm @1:10

MS: 2x
5x100 free descend @2:00
100 EZ catch-up/swim @2:10
2x50 free near-sprint @1:10

KS: 4x50 IM (each go from mod to hard) @1:30

CD: 300 IM (sorry. I love fly.)

Thursday - April 18

Bike
  • 1h 15m 30s
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Bullshit. All day every day everybody. Next, please? Yes--next day, next person, next anything!

And when (you think) the day is finally over, and you're sweatin' it out to American Idol, some asshole decides to serve dinner at 6:15.

Well, so what. So dinner is 45 minutes early today, for some completely unknown and unannounced reason. Here's the thing. Ever tried to change the schedule--especially parts of it that have been in place for FIFTY YEARS--on an Alzheimer's person? Exactly.

And I'll admit it. I was extremely pissed about the disturbance to my weekly respite in American Idol, not to mention a planned workout--I am always, always working out until 6:45pm, every single fucking day that electricity isn't blasting down from the sky.

And I was already pissed off from a whole day of worse bullshit, was really, really, really needing that enjoyment and workout.

And I took it out on her (the caretaker who was cooking tonight), and I kicked a trash can over. (WTF is a trash can doing in the MIDDLE of a walkway? If Mutti trips on it and breaks something, I'm going to take a baseball bat to the responsible party.) I'm not proud of that.

Okay, next Yanti, too, please :)

The awesome part of today is the discovery of a NEW CRACKHOUSE!!! Yessirree ... went to the most wondrous piglet shop (LBS) today, and it's only 20min from the house! They have EVERYTHING! They have stuff they didn't have in Oz and NZ! They are fixing Red Robber right up. :) (It was total bullshit trying to get there, and the piglets there have zero social skills or ability to give directions, but they really know their bikes and are clearly passionate about cycling).

3 Items of Gratitude: CRACKHOUSE!, Mutti is fine, Tina sent me all sorts of awesome Jahe-kitty pics (she went to visit the Funny Farm)! Oh wait, you want to see them? :)

3 Things Done Well: Didn't stab anybody today, got a bunch of shit done with my brother, got shit done all day long despite the preponderance of bullshit amongst the shit.

3 Things to Work On: "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."

Wednesday - April 17

Swim
  • 1h 00m 07s
  • 2925.00 meters
  • -----

AAARGH so close to 3000 (the full workout) ... my sister came and hauled me out of the pool, we needed to go meet with a banker. Guess I should have swum faster!

WU: 2x150 @3:15
(50 swim, 25 otter scull/25 back kick, 50 swim)
100 swim

DS: 8x50 @1:15
2 x (50 R 1-arm, 50 swim, 50 L 1-arm, 50 swim)

MS 1: 2 x below, 1:00R between
4 x 100 free @1:50
2 x 50 (25 Tarzan, 25 EZ) @1:10
2 x 50 kick @1:15
100 EZ

holy hell that hurt--it was supposed to

MS 2: 6x100 @2:00
1-3 pull, 4-6 swim
25 catch-up, 75 build to sprint

125 cool-down (200! I needed 200, sister!)

Was meant to go on an hour run, but we had a seven-hour storm, still going. As in, lightning hit a lot of places around us, including the 30m-high palm tree on our front yard, which exploded. Poor tree!

The dog is totally freaked out, Mutti is kerfuffled, she's not been easy to help today, and once again it was bullshit from everybody else all day (like every day). By 10:30am Tina was determined to take no prisoners. She's come to understand why I pretty much hit the FUCK IT's by noon every day. It was just nice to have somebody else strain their vocal chords for a change. Splatter exhausted by 8pm. Actually, pretty much from noon onwards, yeah, but there was still so much to do. Tina had to leave by 4pm and she was literally still signing papers while running out the door to the car to the airport.

Just as well I didn't run.

3 Items of Gratitude: your unfailing support and strength, that Mutti's still around and healthy, and ... having had a twin around to share the insanity for a few days.

3 Things Done Well: everything, all day long. Can't do too many more days like this, and like those before. I gotta stop doing shit, period! Never mind well!

which brings us to

3 Things to Work On: doing less, caring less, being meaner.

Tuesday - April 16

Bike
  • 30m 20s
  • -----
  • -----
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 15m

Was really all I could fit in today, and that barely. Some days are just like that.

All friends and their loved ones accounted for in Boston.

All love, healing, and light being sent for those struggling through this tragedy.

Tough day here today, but nothing like that.

Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude.

Mostly that it's over ... but also, that I'm here to have a day like this.

12 hours of bullshit! Also a long ride through Jakarta traffic to meet with my dad's best friend--an uncle to us, really--to discuss his upcoming official memorial, and that was pretty emotional. We talked about a lot. Mostly he talked. I stared at my sandwich--a croissandwich from Jakarta's finest French bakery--and wondered how soon it would be polite to eat it.

My dad spent the last evening of his life with his best friend, talking, and really passing the torch. When he was ready to go home, his friend put my dad's shoes on for him.

His friend wants those shoes now, in his memory. That's when I cried.

We came back to no food in the house and the caretakers serving (entirely unpalatable) leftovers from lunch. We said, "No thanks" and took Mutti out for a marvelous pho dinner. :)

Mutti and her meerkats. :) Biz meetings other than Uncle Eddie all day, so the black collared IMNZ shirt in remembrance of Boston.

My sister's dessert looked and tasted like there were things crawling out of it. And yes, some of those bits are real eggs. I could smell them!

Then again, my dessert was basically kidney beans in chocolate milk with shaved ice. They called it "Vietnamese sweet red bean dessert" and sweet it was but the rest it was not!

3 Items of Gratitude: life itself, even life's foibles, and our dear uncle.

3 Things Done Well: the whole damn day. Over and over and over again, every moment. Never mind well. Just did.

3 Things to Work On: remembering to bring healthy snacks. Never mind two more things; I have more than enough shit for 3 PEOPLE to work on, never mind 3 things to work on!

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

April 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned