If the Fat Crazy Cat Lady Can ...

Wednesday - May 15

Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Slower than zombie death shuffle. Really. I promise.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

With Mutti on her afternoon constitutional.

Welp, that's all there is, folks, and all there's gonna be and all that should be (that's probably a tiny more than that, even).

Tuesday - May 14

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Hoookay, here are the promised pics of Mutti from Mother's Day:

Before church

At German lunch (yum!)

Soooo this is The Great Gum Outcome ...

I don't know why, but every time I see a medical professional, they look at me as if they don't know how I've managed to stay alive in this world (which clearly taxes the borders of my mental capacity).

Somehow the broken toothpick end had actually fish-hooked itself in, so that any attempt to retrieve it (i.e., my hour of increasingly questionable methods of self-stabbing and even the ER doc's better ones) buried it deeper. The dentist had to cut it out. Even I was shocked at its shape and size. I'd spent the night with a small fishhook jammed deep into the gums between two teeth and poking at a nerve root.

So I got sent home with antibiotics, painkillers (a true rarity in Indonesia), and strict instructions to not exert myself for a few days (so the gums can heal together properly and rebuild the blood vessels blah blah blah) and eat soft foods only on one side.

It's not really hurting but I am insanely tired. I guess I was insanely tired all last week, too, even before this happened. It occurred to me I've been double full steam with a double cream head since before IMNZ on Mar 2, so maybe I should just rest. I think the German side of me is what feels insanely guilty if I don't do much for a day or two.

Anyhow, I also had a searing fever this afternoon (not mildly unpleasant extra warmth, full-on fucking ferocious fire fever) so I'm definitely down for the count. May have had something brewing all last week, maybe it's from or got triggered by the mouth episode, but I need a few days' down time.

Here are some other random not-yet-blogged pictures to keep you entertained in the meanwhile.

Monday - May 13

Sunday - May 12

Run
  • 1h 45m 22s
  • -----
  • -----

Longest continuous-run training run ever (by far). Felt great.

15min WU
15min just under steady "in the zone" effort
30min in THE zone
15 min Z4 (yup. death seemed nice)
15 min in THE zone
15 min cool-down

Perfect Sunday, Ascension Day, Mother's Day. Pop Tarts, church, German lunch with Mutti, nap, long run, dinner, Yahtzee (she killed me). So winding up in the ER after a botched toothpicking and attempted self-oral-surgery to remove broken pick wasn't (in well-medicated hindsight) all that bad.

Well, rats. The pics of Mutti and I won't paste in. Tomorrow. Right after the dentist! (That damn broken pick end is STILL in there.)

Saturday - May 11

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----
Swim
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Dryland swim cords. Dear heavens DO THEY SUCK. No wonder Sheila loves them. I hate her.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m 30s

Still really dragging today. May just need more time to rest/recover/grieve/be. Mutti's not quite herself either--she is usually quite the energy bunny. If it's still like this next week, won't hurt to take her in for a checkup and repeat liver panel (FUCKING HEP C) and bloodwork. Heh. Maybe me too. I'll also go to a pull-back week next week--no way I can do another mid-teens hours training build feeling like this.

This is where me and my friends went last night (again, like last week), and why I have a horrible yet so worth-it hangover from way too much fun bellydancing bellylaughing shisha-nicotine Turkish coffee-caffeine super Middle Eastern overfooding. Yes.

The two-storey electric neon bong out front:

Funny, it's like we're all photobombing this picture of nothing. :)

Yes, they have real palm trees inside.

Friday - May 10

Bike
  • 1h 12m
  • -----
  • -----

AMERICAN IDOL!

Run
  • 15m 17s
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie.

Swim
  • 1h 40m
  • 4000.00 meters
  • -----

I. HATE. HER.

"moderately long aerobic" means (like pretty much everything else she says): DIE MUDDAFUGGA!

800 IM in the MIDDLE of the main set? 800 kick afterward including sprints? "moderately long aerobic?!??!?!" MY HALF-WHITE FAT ASS!!!

Gave up on time intervals for 2 reasons:
1) I was dying, muddafugga.
2) Unusually busy day at the pool (remember, no black lines no lane lines no pool rules) so multi-collisions, kids jumping on me, lots of folks swimming every which way, teenagers cannonballing/wrestling/racing etc. Just impossible to focus on any repeat or set per se.

Also turned the 800 kick set into 600 because: I WAS ABOUT TO MAKE *YOU* DIE, MUDDAFUGGA!

WU: 800 free (every 4th 25 streamline kick on back)
4x100 free last 25 @near-sprint

MS: 10x200
1-3 freestyle brisk (interval to 5-10s rest)
4-7 I.M. (interval to 10-15s rest)
8-10 freestyle brisk again

KS: 8x100 kick, 1-4 moderate, 5-8 descending w/last 25 sprint (I did 6 of these)

CD: 200 EZ

Thursday - May 9

Bike
  • 3h 03m
  • -----
  • -----

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18