• 1h 33m 44s
  • -----
  • -----
Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

EEZ MAH BURFDAY

Congratulations to me. I'm as surprised as anybody I'm still around!

You alls are awesome. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! I have had the best birthday ever.

I let myself sleep in forever (past 11!) when Mutti came bubbling in babbling about some wonderful lunch platter that had been delivered. So yeah, these are fresh-outta-bed pics :)

WOOHOO some lunch platter! Yes!

Most touching is that it was from my new brother-in-law ... well, the only new thing about him is our acquaintance. See, I have a half-sister from my father (get the picture?) whom I'd been in touch with for several years but not met, sadly, until the day of our father's funeral.

She is a delight. One thing you gotta say for my dad--he sure knew how to turn out good kids. ;) Or at least, err ... sparkly ones.

So the special rice cone platter was from her husband.

The gorgeous blooms are from her and my golden oldie sister, Tina.

The cake, too! HAAGEN DAZS ... ice cream cake ... MY FAVOURITE!!!

Heh. I think the cake is bigger than Kristin (Mutti's new caretaker).

Basically it's just a solid chunk of ice cream shaped like a cake with cake-like chocolate shell and writing on it.

We made a homemade smoke machine from the dry ice and all the house piglets came in singing happy birthday :) (I wish I'd gotten a picture of THEM!)

Wednesday - May 15

Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Slower than zombie death shuffle. Really. I promise.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

With Mutti on her afternoon constitutional.

Welp, that's all there is, folks, and all there's gonna be and all that should be (that's probably a tiny more than that, even).

Tuesday - May 14

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Hoookay, here are the promised pics of Mutti from Mother's Day:

Before church

At German lunch (yum!)

Soooo this is The Great Gum Outcome ...

I don't know why, but every time I see a medical professional, they look at me as if they don't know how I've managed to stay alive in this world (which clearly taxes the borders of my mental capacity).

Somehow the broken toothpick end had actually fish-hooked itself in, so that any attempt to retrieve it (i.e., my hour of increasingly questionable methods of self-stabbing and even the ER doc's better ones) buried it deeper. The dentist had to cut it out. Even I was shocked at its shape and size. I'd spent the night with a small fishhook jammed deep into the gums between two teeth and poking at a nerve root.

So I got sent home with antibiotics, painkillers (a true rarity in Indonesia), and strict instructions to not exert myself for a few days (so the gums can heal together properly and rebuild the blood vessels blah blah blah) and eat soft foods only on one side.

It's not really hurting but I am insanely tired. I guess I was insanely tired all last week, too, even before this happened. It occurred to me I've been double full steam with a double cream head since before IMNZ on Mar 2, so maybe I should just rest. I think the German side of me is what feels insanely guilty if I don't do much for a day or two.

Anyhow, I also had a searing fever this afternoon (not mildly unpleasant extra warmth, full-on fucking ferocious fire fever) so I'm definitely down for the count. May have had something brewing all last week, maybe it's from or got triggered by the mouth episode, but I need a few days' down time.

Here are some other random not-yet-blogged pictures to keep you entertained in the meanwhile.

Monday - May 13

Sunday - May 12

Run
  • 1h 45m 22s
  • -----
  • -----

Longest continuous-run training run ever (by far). Felt great.

15min WU
15min just under steady "in the zone" effort
30min in THE zone
15 min Z4 (yup. death seemed nice)
15 min in THE zone
15 min cool-down

Perfect Sunday, Ascension Day, Mother's Day. Pop Tarts, church, German lunch with Mutti, nap, long run, dinner, Yahtzee (she killed me). So winding up in the ER after a botched toothpicking and attempted self-oral-surgery to remove broken pick wasn't (in well-medicated hindsight) all that bad.

Well, rats. The pics of Mutti and I won't paste in. Tomorrow. Right after the dentist! (That damn broken pick end is STILL in there.)

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned