• 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Brisk sunset trot.

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 3000.00 meters
  • -----

I hate her! I thought this was going to be an easy, drill-y type workout ... WTF ... never fails, within 150m or so of a set starting, I'm thinking ... I hate her.

WU: 400 free, 400 IM
KS: 4x50 kick descending (easy, mod, hard, sprint) @1:30
4x50 25 serape kick left/25 serape kick right, 50 free -- repeat
MS1: 3 rounds
50 1-arm serape drill (25 L/25 R) @1:15
150 50 Tarzan/100 swim @3:00
KS: 4x100 IM order 25 fast/50 mod/25 fast @3:00
MS2: 6x100 free @2:00 (EZ/mod/fast)x2
CD: 200 EZ

Next week Mutti and I are on our own as Kristin has been working a solid month, all day every day with no time off.

I'm getting piglet delivery for every single meal. Not kidding. Mutti won't know the difference, she'll be delighted, and I sure as hell will be delighted. According to Supersize Me it takes a month for that sort of thing to really start killing you so I figure we'll be fine for a week.

We can even get veggies and salads delivered. Yes.

Thursday - May 30

Swim
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim cords

Strength
  • 16m

Light dawns on Marble Head.  I woke up merely feeling like I wanted to sleep forever instead of actually die, so even though I took that to mean I'm all better (due to the improvement from wholesale shitty to marginally shitty), and as much as it killed me, I still took today off from any significant training. I even took my bike to the piglet crackhouse (aka LBS) with the intention of dropping it off for servicing so I couldn't ride it, but unfortunately they were able to service me quickly and fully on the spot.

I didn't even test-ride my own bike; a piglet did that for me.

Pretty funny but that's actually a decent set-up for him.

Morning and afternoon were stuffed full of to-do shyte, so another reason to lie low on the physical front.

Played Yahtzee with Mutti after dinner and she trounced me as usual. A few observations: for the first time ever, she looked at the dice blankly and said, "I've forgotten all the rules." I told her I'd explain them to her as we went along, which I did. Most of them did come back to her quickly, but the interesting bit was that as I explained stuff, she started looking for patterns and noticing things that she's never paid attention to before, like what she can get bonus points for.

3 Items of Gratitude
1. A most marvelous crackhouse.
2. Feeling better.
3. Yummy food and actually wanting it.

3 Things Done Well
1. Not done SHIT physically today. :) And taking deliberate steps to refrain.
2. Got a lot of other SHIT done today and put up with a lot of SHIT without losing my SHIT.
3. Creative uses of the word SHIT.

3 Things to Work On
1. Out of gazillions of personal communications to answer, picking the 3 most important and actually returning them.
2. Taking one small step or chunk into each of the things I REALLY don't want to do.
3. If I can't even do that, praying for willingness.

Wednesday - May 29

Dog-sick day #2. Still fever and steamrolled, it feels like. Not that I've ever been steamrolled, but I'm pretty sure this is like it.

Mutti's doing better. Tina and I cut her hair tonight. So cute, like a pixie, and her whole face is lit up now that you can see it, and her prettiest silvery-blond hair is at the roots so cutting more of the darker gray away, she looks really beautiful. I'd have taken pics but ... man ... steamroll.

The nice thing is I've stopped caring about not caring about anything and not being able to will myself to. So what? The really important shit will get done, it always does, and it's fine not to be able to give a shit about anything right now AND not give a shit about that, either.

It's one of the very few amenable effects of fever.

Tuesday - May 28

Sick as an old arthritic daaaawg day. Some cat wielding battery acid seems to have macerated the back of my throat and fever. Long morning at a new dentist with Mutti (that's always a trial, for both of us, and she wound up having a root canal treatment) and completely passed out, like across the bed, in my clothes, the rest of the day.

Had some notion of getting something else, anything done ... simply not possible. I am crawling.

So while Mutti was having her root canal today and Kristin stayed by her side, I wandered off in search of some kind of nourishment that would be amenable to a macerated throat.

Early morning so the only thing open in the adjoining mall was a Burger King. Hot salty grease; why not?

Sweetest little piglets, I was the first customer, so they upsized me for free and threw in an extra order of onion rings and doubled the tomato/lettuce/onion on the burger (veggies ... right?). I think if I'd stood there smiling and fluttering at them long enough they would have just given me the whole thing free ...

So I take a look at their name tags to thank them by name, and ... I have never seen THAT name before, so I politely asked, "How do you pronounce that?" Have a look ... yup, exactly like that. Gives a whole new meaning ... "Fachmie, it's Whopper Time!"

(030.BKPiglets (Small).JPG)

(025.Fachmie (2).jpg)

Monday - May 27

Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim Cords. Rest Day. Sorely Needed. Don't need soreness.

Made a new friend. She took me home for tea and cakes. She doesn't understand that I'm like a puppy. You can be sure I'll be at her door again ;)

Sunday - May 26

Run
  • 2h 01m 02s
  • -----
  • -----

Oof.

This was what you'd call an open-water run ... tropics style ... you know how heavy shit like shoes are when they're soaking?!

Saturday - May 25

Bike
  • 3h 30m 24s
  • -----
  • -----

Oof.

Run
  • 30m 14s
  • -----
  • -----

Wee transition run. After the oof bike, this was surprisingly springy, light, and steady.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 35m

I feel like I should write something creative, inspirational, or funny.

I accidentally wore my sports watch to bed. It's nearly 2am and I just took it off now.

That's all I got.

3 Items of Gratitude: 1. Kristin, 2. That as difficult as they may be to get/arrange, we do have resources to help Mutti, 3. The ability to move my body.

3 Things Done Well: 1. Reading/reflection/prayer/meditation, 2. Logged SOMETHING here, 3. Decent on the fruit & veg front.

3 Things to Work On: 1. Go for OUTSTANDING on the f&v front.

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned