• 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie.

Swim
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

Way way way too tired to do She-Ra workout today (that's what she actually calls them!) I know that "moderately long aerobic" means MOFO TRANS-PACIFIC BALLS2WALL! 4200m with an 800 kick set?!

So I swam in our home pool with swim cords. Not easy either, with IM and kick and drills, but it was good.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 15m

You know it's going to be awesome when you ask your friends for directions to the place they've invited you to ...

... and they answer, "It's the one with the two-storey neon electric bong out front."

Also, I have a piglet date for Wednesday involving a four-storey slide and an IMAX theatre. :)

Thursday - May 2

Bike
  • 2h 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Oof.

Run
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Brief post-bike oof.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 10m

The caretaker, Kristin, is amazing.

I'm pretty sure the entire staff hate her.

:)

It's making a very difficult adjustment with Mutti a lot easier. Look, she freaks out if you move the furniture an inch. And I get it--not that I can fully understand where she's at--but when your own mind fails you, every thing that is comfortable and familiar is a lifesaver. So yeah, it's been rough. She was really upset and grumpy a lot of the day. Downright angry. Hey, I would be too. However, it would be far worse with anyone else.

One thing that's kind of funny is that since my dad died, Mutti has been dressing really nicely. A major point of contention with him is that she liked to wear ratty old T-shirts. That's what she knew and they were comfortable. Now I'm thinking that, even if only subconsciously, she was purposely wearing them to stick it to him. Go Mutti!

Sexy knee-socks pic o' the day ... if you look reaaaaaallllllly closely with some helluva bifocals, you might see the shade of an ab on the left.

3 Items of Gratitude:
1. Your unfailing love and support. Makes. ALL. Difference!!!
2. Kristin.
3. That Mutti is coping with the change in her own way.

3 Things Done Well:
1. Delegated to Kristin what I felt comfortable.
2. Spiritual connection.
3. Logging! :)

3 Things to Work On:
1. SLEEEEEEEP (and turning the phone off if I can grab a nap)

Wednesday - May 1

Bike
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 16m 10s
  • -----
  • -----
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 00m 05s

Holy smokes IM day. 17 hours on the go. Yup, I'm pretty much smoked!

But also stoked that we have a great new caretaker for Mutti. So far, she's awesome. And hey, as I said before, even if she's just adequate temporarily, that's a MIRACLE.

She also can't believe what a bunch of lazy filthy pigs (except that pigs can be pretty clean animals if given the chance) our staff are. Sad, but true. I screamed at one of the former Special Forces piglets (PIGS!) today because our FRONT LAWN was full of cigarette butts. CIG A FUCKING RETTE BUTTS. Too tired to scream at everyone so I made sure he got screamed at enough that he'd scream at everyone else.

ONE, and I mean if I find ONE cigarette butt anywhere here ever again, it becomes a no-smoking household IMMEDIATELY. Anyone smoking closer than across the road gets FIRED IMMEDIATELY.

That should take care of the rest of the riff-raff. All the ones I like just happen not to smoke :)

3 Items of Gratitude: YOU. Coming home (here) to YOU. Mutti's new caretaker, Kristin. Having an ally in her here.

3 Things Done Well: 1. Whole. 2. Fucking. 3. Day. !!!

3 Things to Work On: delegating!

Tuesday - April 30

Bike
  • 1h 00m 31s
  • -----
  • -----

Pretty tough ride after everything else today, and kept it in the big ring. Oof!

Run #1
  • 31m 20s
  • -----
  • -----

Evening 'hood trot.

Run #2
  • 21m
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie.

Swim
  • 1h 07m
  • -----
  • -----

The latest installment--cue doomsday organ music and shrieks--of the Sheila T Torture Training.

Now, swim sessions are written in some kind of stenographer's code anyway, and Sheila has her own special little phrases. I'm finally learning what they actually mean.

hold the water = DIE MUDDAFUGGA

high-quality reps = DIE MUDDAFUGGA

stay tough = You really might actually DIE MUDDAFUGGA!

negative split = DIE MUDDAFUGGA DEN DIE WORSE!

WU: 5x100 EZ @2:15 last 25 streamline backstroke kick.

MS1: 10x50 free @1:15
Odds - 25 horizontal scull / 25 build to sprint
Evens - 25 catch-up / 25 build to sprint

MS2: 10x100 @2:10
Odds - 100 free hard
Evens - 25 Tarzan/25 free/25 dogpaddle/25 free

KS: 6x50 near-sprint kick @1:30

600 PULL (negative-split each 300) 300 w/paddles, buoy and 300 body tone

CD 100 EZ (I did IM, I'm sick)

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 05m 10s

Cool-down walk from the run. It's stellar hot even in early evening.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 21m

Cool-down walk from the run. It's stellar hot even in early evening.

Way-too-bright clothes pic o' the day:

MAN today was PIGLET DAY at the pool! No less than two smokin' hot Speedo-wearing cut piglets (not shabby swimmers either) actually talked to me during breaks (THANK YOU GOD. THANK YOU. I needed the breaks. Oh, there were hot guys?! THIS is what Sheila T does to you!!!) They were very complimentary and ooh'ed and aah'ed over my swim workout. One of them is even a distance swimmer who's done the Rottnest Island Swim (HOLY SHYTE!) That's a 17-MILE pretty rough-water open-water swim from Rottnest Island to Perth, Western Australia. CA-RAZY! You have to have your own boat pilot and everything.

3 Items of Gratitude: pretty pretty pretty piglets, Mutti is safe and happy, I'm safe and happy.

3 Things Done Well: all those damn workouts, excellent fruit and veg consumption, cooked dinner.

3 Things to Work On: really?! ;)

Monday - April 29

Run
  • 16m 40s
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie.

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 3000.00 meters
  • -----

Installment #whatever in the I REALLY Hate Sheila T Program! I was definitely channeling some hate in the middle of the main set 5x100 and DEFINITELY during the last 400 kick set. Love to HATE!

WU: 300 swim (50fl/50bk/50br/150fr)
100 kick, 100 drill, 100 kick, 100 swim

MS1: 12x50 PULL @1:00 descend by 4s.
1-4 paddles/buoy, 5-8 buoy, 9-12 body tone only.

MS2: 5x100 free @2:00, strong/steady aim for identical touch times.

MS3: 8x50 PULL @1:00 25 EZ/25 hard
1-4 paddles/buoy, 5-8 buoy, 9-12 body tone
2x100 @2:00 50 EZ/50 hard

KS: 8x50 kick (rotate 2x thru IM strokes) @2:00 EACH ONE HARD

CD: 200 choice

HALLELUJAH WE HAVE A CARETAKER!!!!! She's coming on Wednesday. Tina and I both like her and she comes highly recommended from my bestest Bali boy bud Mitch. She speaks English and has her own poodle! (computer) This is excellent. Hey, again, even if she's barely adequate for a month ... I got my miracle. :)

Now hoping for a second one ;)

3 Items of Gratitude: a caretakercaretakercaretaker for my mom! Good leads for another one/helper! Got to see some wonderful friends shortly tonight.

3 Things Done Well: persevered, workouts, PRAYED and THANKED. :)

3 Things to Work On: slightly more detailed introspection (the 3s are pretty much it right now).

Sunday - April 28

Run
  • 1h 00m 36s
  • -----
  • -----

3:1 run walk. Tough day; best I could do.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

You'd think I'd have learnt by now that if something is really working and helping, KEEP DOING IT! Well, apparently, I have. :)

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned