Bike
  • 8h 01m
  • -----
  • -----

Well, that went astonishingly well.

Pussy pic (since it wouldn't show the other day):

Well, rats.

On the incredibly bright side, today I saw a guy pulling a heavy wooden cart full of rubbish up a steep hill. No, that's not bright, not bright at all, but it reminds me how much I have to be grateful for and how light my burdens are, physically and otherwise.

On the slight downside, which would probably be heaven for the garbage man, it's a BS explosion here again--literally (up all night doing the bad kind of unspeakable things in the bathroom), fever in the afternoon (and yesterday went so well!), very tired. On the other hand, I was up all night, not just exploding, but on the phone back and forth with a friend in trouble and a friend who was with her. Not the first time and there's got to be a limit here--time for her to make some very hard decisions and follow through with them.

Someone will probably be deeply offended by this, but most of the folks here are in Full Idiot Mode because they've been fasting and dehydrating all day for two weeks and are very sleep deprived (only able to eat/drink etc. within an 11-hour period at night, so they stay up late and get up early). Still two weeks to go. It just makes getting anything done, never mind in a timely or acceptably effective fashion (hard in any case here!), impossible. Meanwhile, it's not like the work has magically receded with the Islamic holy fasting month, so it's piling up, and the less I myself can work on it, the worse it gets, too.

So work is BS, trying to run the household when nobody's running or even really conscious is BS (and ultimately means that Mutti's being suboptimally cared for, which means once again I'm doing it), health is definitely shitty, and training is tabled for the nonce.

That aside, I'm reasonably cheerful, in good spirits, and very much at peace and happy inside as usual. It's just that I externally want to strangle people. With dental floss.

Another upside: HEY! Racing weight, here I come! :)

And when all else fails, post random pussy pics. (in tomorrow's entry, today didn't work)

My nephew Halim with the putter-tats (who look thrilled) on the couch. They're getting big!

I GET TO GO BACK TO THE FUNNY FARM FOR FIVE DAYS TO FROLIC WITH MY FURRY FREAKS!

So yes, that's excellent news. I won't be able to go back for a month after that, but nevertheless. SO HAPPY.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Steady-state spin. Still mid-bigring, but that's where I live :)

Run #1
  • 25m
  • -----
  • -----

Pre-swim run on land. It's part of Sheila's workout. No, seriously. She is one crazy bitch.

Run #2
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Post-swim aquajoggie.

Swim
  • 1h 30m
  • 3700.00 meters
  • -----

WU: 6x100 free @1:00, 4x100 IM @1:15
MS: 9x200 @4:00 2x(EZ, mod, mod, hard) + 1 EZ
SS1: 4x50 free sprint @2:00
200 EZ
SS2: 6x50 (25 sprint/25 free cruise) @1:30. Odds sprint fly, evens sprint free
CD 200 IM

Clearly, I do not make this shit up.

Bike
  • 30m 07s
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 45m 17s
  • -----
  • -----
Swim
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim cords.

Bike
  • 1h 01m
  • -----
  • -----

Just putting the spring back in my legs. Still pretty tired today, long afternoon nap, but feeling better.

Swim
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim cords.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 10m

All I could manage. Still rising fever in the afternoon.

Bike
  • 55m 01s
  • -----
  • -----

Well, that went spectacularly badly. Was supposed to be the 2nd of 3 sim rides for IM Japan (8 hours, so over), but a) the Pop Tart (singular, there's a clue right there) wouldn't stay down, and b) I didn't want the second one (bright red siren, as in I should call one). Thought I'd give it an hour and see what happened but the nausea caught up first, followed by other expulsions I shall not divulge in detail, immediately passed out for a few hours and woke up with a (mild) fever.

So I think we're calling it a pullback/consolidation week instead and aiming for Peak Week next week.

Sport #1
  • Home Improvement
  • 51m

Room de-tornado'ing. I figured if I could do that, I was fine to finish the bike. Clearly, I was not.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 23m

Aaaaaaah.

Well, fachmie. Kristin (Mutti's caretaker) has the same crud I've got. I suppose unless I hermetically seal myself into my room (which isn't, perhaps, the neatest of places but believe me it is damn clean), given that I always get everything, some sniffle or puke was going to come my way.

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
Time
  • Tour de Bintan (Cycle)