If the Fat Crazy Cat Lady Can ...

Sunday - July 7

Bike
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Nice recovery spinnie a la Tour de Piglets.

Swim #1
  • 3h 55m
  • 10000.00 meters
  • -----

Bali Ocean 10K. Conditions were rough this year (not nearly as bad as last year; almost, but it just wasn't as cold). Winner in 2:30, an Olympian, that's a relatively quite slow time (winner is usually just over 2:00). It was also the most competitive field we've had. Pretty amazing.

Hey, I did beat the guy who set the world record for ocean 10k butterfly ... respect!!! (for him). It was actually pretty faching amazing watching him ... he had his own paddler who is also a referee since the standards for open-water swimming and world records are very strict. He can tread water, but he cannot take ONE stroke that is not competition-standard butterfly. Unbelievable.

His mom is one of the famous Korean Jeju Island pearl divers. Look it up if you don't know; those ladies are unbelievable. Some have been doing it their whole lives and are in their 60s and still going.

Swim #2
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Cool-down swim in hotel's cool (thank God! and not saltwater!) lap pool.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 25m

• RACE DAY: Bali Ocean Swim 10K

Saturday - July 6

Bike
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Just a good late-night spinny to Tour de Piglets and to make sure my legs realize they still need to be awake for tomorrow. No hibernating after the long run. Well, not figuratively. I actually did take a 4-hour nap after that and really needed it!

Run
  • 1h 22m
  • -----
  • -----

2:1 run walk. Been sick this week, have a big race tomorrow, schedule worked out so I could only do this run in the heat of the the tropical day. So there's no such thing as doing it too slowly and there was definitely a possibility of doing too much, so this length and ratio was just right.

Less is more.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 15m

Friday - July 5

Bike
  • 2h 00m 30s
  • -----
  • -----

Tour. De. PIGLETS!!!!!

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m
Travel day.

Thursday - July 4

Bike
  • 1h 31m
  • -----
  • -----

Tour de Piglets. I forgot my bike shoes in Bali--it's really hard to pedal on those teeny little SPDs with sneakers on!

Run
  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie. I thought I was going to blow my brains out after 10. Then I found a friend. Then later I realized it's much better to blow OTHER people's brains out.

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 2600.00 meters
  • -----

Just technique-focused; rest, not sendoff intervals. Really needed it. But she always sneaks one zinger in ...

WU: 4x150 @:20R
100 swim / 25 serape 1-arm / 25 serape kick (alt sides)
I swam fly for the first 2 swims because it was cold. No, really.

DS: 8x50 @:15R. Odds: 25 serape kick / 25 back kick, Evens: 1-arm serape 25 R / L
MS: 3 rounds
4x50 @:20R Reduce stroke count by 1-2 stroke cycles per 50 by overloading serape movement for strength training (not stroke reduction).
200 pull at ideal stroke length & serape loading @:30R, 100 mod/100 fast

And the zinger--it doesn't seem that hard 'til you do it!
DS: 2x200 1-arm serape with kickboard @:30R

CD: 200 IM

Wednesday - July 3

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

To Tour de Piglets. Goal yesterday was not to break a sweat. Goal today was not to need a sweatband. In the tropics, even in aircon with a fan, that's some serious sub-Z1. And I did it :)

Run
  • 31m
  • -----
  • -----

Tentative morning zombie shuffle. Felt like I was dying the first 5 min, rest of it fine, getting tired the last 5 min or so. Had a 2-hour nap after. Probably too soon.

Woke up from nap to a phone call--and fever and diarrhea. Ugh. Probably just too much too soon (y'think?!?! HALF of what-all is going on in my life would be too much too soon if I were healthy!).

Despite missing the TEAM TIME TRIAL to take Mutti to the neuro, it was a delightful visit. This one we hadn't seen in two years, but to my great surprise she remembered exactly who we were and when we'd last seen her! "Well, you two are quite a memorable pair," she said. Hmmm ... not sure what to make of that. ;)

I will say that Mutti's personality radiates, and she still strikes everyone she meets--as she always has, her whole life--with her great vibrancy, warmth, and humour.

The neuro did take me aside after and say, "You're breaking down. I can see it. [Thanks, that's three for three doctors who have said that in three weeks.] Get yourself medical care too."

Okay, okay. I'll take it easy. As I can. Sort of. Really. I'm trying not to try so hard. Doing my best to delegate and do absolute minimum of critical stuff.

Tough right now (well fachmie, it always is!) because all three siblings are under the weather and Ramadhan, the Islamic holy month of fasting, is coming up quickly. NOTHING gets done during that month. Look, if I couldn't eat or drink all day in equatorial tropical weather, I'd do nothing too. It just really puts the pressure on. Shit.

Just some random pics. Too fuckin' tired to do anything right now.

Me, Chris, n Tabby (a new female Indonesian triathlete, there aren't that many of us!)

Footprints in the Sand, Bali-Style.

Kelly Slater :)

Nat Young ripping it up at the Oakley Pro Surf Champs in Bali