• 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Dryland swim cords. Ooof.

Bike
  • 1h 00m 26s
  • -----
  • -----

4x4 in Z4. Tour of Eneco, Stage 3. Another surprise last-minute breakaway wins!

Sport #1
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

If you'd had this massage, you'd be logging it too. I was definitely sweating. I didn't cry ... but I did whimper and bark.

And my myotherapist is so damned CHEERFUL -- "Ha ha ha! You brave enough to race Ironman, not so brave for massage!"

Full-on sports massage. I'll just whine in the corner now, thank you.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 06m

Guided stretching after the BEATING.

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 20m

Morning constitutional with Mutti. :)

Run #1
  • 30m 15s
  • -----
  • -----

Land run. 5min Z4 in the middle.

Bike
  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

To Stage 1 of the Enoco Tour! Crazy ass awesome last minute breakaway win by Mark Renshaw! I know, I'm spoiling it for all of the 0.7 of you who are actually following it.

I also put a 11-32 cassette on my bike. That's probably WAY more gear than I need for Japan's hills, but I'm not taking any chances.

8min Z4 in the middle.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2500.00 meters
  • -----

There was a 500m bonus set, but I was sick of crashing into people (my pool--all pools in Indonesia--are always open swim, no lane lines, this one hasn't any black lines on the bottom either).

Mostly a drill and technique day. Too tired to write deets.

Run #2
  • 15m 15s
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie after swim. 'Cause that's how I roll mental.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Sport #1
  • Yoga
  • 11m

I feel kinda stupid adding 11 minutes of yoga, but there you have it. *grin*

Not only did I need a rest day, but the dentist ripped my lower hindmost molar apart ... OW OW OW OW ... and I am NOT feeling the workout love today.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 15m

Sometimes, you just need a bit more yoga to soothe body, soul, and keep the joint gremlins at bay.

So I know not everybody here is on FB and fercryinoutloud no one on Earth should have to scroll through all that crap anyway, so I'll just post the pics I post on there here, too.

18 DAYS TO IRONMAN JAPAN!

This is me with my high-school varsity swim bag. Can't believe I still have it ... can't believe it still works!

Swim #1
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Dryland swim cords

Bike
  • 54m
  • -----
  • -----

Smooth warmup spinny for the long run.

Run
  • 2h 30m 07s
  • -----
  • -----

Last 10min aquajogging.

Swim #2
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Nice strong straight swim with bungee cords in the pool to finish up the long run multi-brick.

I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE OMIGOD I'M DONE!!!

I survived Peak Week! TAAAAAAPER TIME!

So, like, 19 days of PMS and hypochondria combined. :) You're laughing because you know it's true.

Bike
  • 2h 04m
  • -----
  • -----

Nice little recovery spinnie. Pink cupcakes make everything better. So does Game of Thrones, because in a most entertaining way it's sympathetic to how fucked up families can be.

Run #1
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

My little beloved wee tranny.

Run #2
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Well, this really was a run, but it kind of involved ducks, a cat, a 7-year-old, and dancing around like idiots. Strike the like. Yes, there are photographs. On my friend's camera :)

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Pic o' the day: everything you could possibly need and not really want to know about our family. :)

Me and the 1.99 worth of niece.

Bike
  • 6h 00m 15s
  • -----
  • -----

Well. That went better than expected. Actually, it wasn't expected at all. I was going to do the last, truncated 6-hour sim ride tomorrow but was ready to bag it then as well if need be.

But I felt so awesome and un-worked-out at 2 hours that I just kept going, and I'd been following the course profile anyway, so ... well, shit, 6 hours with some Game of Thrones and NCIS went by pretty fast, even doing the wicked-ish Japan climbs.

Run #1
  • 45m 18s
  • -----
  • -----

Early morning trot. Obviously I wouldn't have done it if I'd known I was gonna do THAT ride, but hey, it all worked out and I feel great.

Run #2
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Wee tranny run. 'Cause I like doing wee trannies. So there. :P

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Country Cowgirl Yoga, to be exact.

Sometimes it's better not to ask.

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

August 2013