Bike
  • 45m 33s
  • -----
  • -----

5min aero spin, 5 min light climb, repeat. A la Tour de Eneco ... piglet butt waggles ... hypnotizing.

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

This running outfit is sexxxxeeeeeeh. Admit it. Ugh, it's huge, is what it is. And I can't change it! (The size, nor the outfit.)

Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim cords. As usual, oof.

Taper roving phantom injuries so far ... first my right lower back was strained. Then it moved to my left lower back. Then I was sure I'd sprained my left ankle. But then it switched to my right ankle. Last Sunday I *knew* I had a stress fracture in my left tibia. Yesterday it was the right one. What will today's imagined body breakdown be? :) Stay tuned!

>>> Wonky kneecap, then back to right ankle. I'm fine for the moment, though. I'm sure it'll all go to hell tomorrow. Then again, this was today ...

Mutti was up early again, before I could get to her, and she fed THE DOG *my* super-expensive, impossible-to-get LUCKY CHARMS. With milk. And the dog had gastritis to begin with ... AAAAAAAAAH

(people wonder where I get my penchant for trouble from ... there you have it)

This was our dinner conversation:

Mutti: But didn't you take any vegetables?
Me: I already ate them.
- 30 second pause -
Mutti: Didn't you want any vegetables?
Me: I ate them already.
- 30 second pause -
Mutti: How come you--
Me, interrupting: I ALREADY ATE MY VEGETABLES.
[Mutti looks surprised]
Mutti: How did you know?
Me: I guessed.
- 30 second pause -
Mutti: Didn't you get any vegetables?

Repeat. Throughout dinner. Then she killed me at Yahtzee. I play a statistically perfect game--I always make the smartest statistical choices. Mutti plays however the hell she feels like, and not only does she ALWAYS win, she KILLS me, by a long shot. Tina says it's because she talks to the dice and they like her. Probably true.

So everything is as usual at the Crazy Castle.

Run
  • 1h 00m 10s
  • -----
  • -----

Chili run! I had chili simmering on the stove, so it was run 15min, walk break in and scrape pot, sample chili, repeat. :) I would win a chili run for sure. Eat that, Salty and your winning Milk Mile ...

Swim
  • 1h 11m 21s
  • 3000.00 meters
  • -----

I very nearly bagged this swim. Very long day, taking care of Mutti all day by myself (and she decided to get up at 6:30, which she never does, and cook lunch! WTF? Well, at least we had lunch for later and she didn't blow the kitchen or herself up). And working 1.5x. And running around town on errands. And squeezing in a root canal treatment at the end of the day. FUN FUCKING TIMES!!!

So I was *really* tired by the time this swim rolled around, which is when I had time for it, which was 8pm. Still sore from myo, too (see awful pic below).

I wound up having the best swim practice in about 20 years. You know those swims when it all comes together? Even in shallow choppy waters when you keep crashing into land sharks? Yeah. It was awesome anyway. :)

WU: 400 (200 sw/50 kick/100 sw/50 kick)
6x50 pull @0:55, odds EZ, evens build to near-sprint
100 free

MS: 12x50, 4 rounds of EZ/mod/hard on 1:00 stroke count
17 for EZ, 18-19 for mod, 20-21 for hard. This is a change from when I did this workout 3 mos ago and all efforts had nearly the same stroke count.

DS: 3 rounds. 2x50 recovery drill (Unfortunately this refers to loading the rhomboids then into the traps during recovery phase for unload/explode during the pull, not actually recovering. Pooh). 2x50 kick. 2x50 Tarzan/dogpaddle.

MS2: 3x200 pull (paddles, none, paddles) neg split @3:45

CD: 100 IM

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 10m

I see God when I'm in the water, especially open water. I see God in the soul's-eye of other people. When they're in pain, when they're in joy, when they are simply being. To me, this is God.

Ask me how badly I feel for having eaten a big bowl of Lucky Charms for dinner. Well? I feel terrible. I should have eaten a GIANT bowl!

I've worked hard for this, but I'm not gonna make my ultraconservative friends or creepy uncles (actually, they're all dead, just older cousins now) see this on Facebook.

Someone else worked hard for this ... or to do this! Myotherapy, how I love and hate you!!! These are just a couple of the prettier ones but if you look you'll see they're everywhere.

Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Dryland swim cords. Ooof.

Bike
  • 1h 00m 26s
  • -----
  • -----

4x4 in Z4. Tour of Eneco, Stage 3. Another surprise last-minute breakaway wins!

Sport #1
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

If you'd had this massage, you'd be logging it too. I was definitely sweating. I didn't cry ... but I did whimper and bark.

And my myotherapist is so damned CHEERFUL -- "Ha ha ha! You brave enough to race Ironman, not so brave for massage!"

Full-on sports massage. I'll just whine in the corner now, thank you.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 06m

Guided stretching after the BEATING.

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 20m

Morning constitutional with Mutti. :)

Run #1
  • 30m 15s
  • -----
  • -----

Land run. 5min Z4 in the middle.

Bike
  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

To Stage 1 of the Enoco Tour! Crazy ass awesome last minute breakaway win by Mark Renshaw! I know, I'm spoiling it for all of the 0.7 of you who are actually following it.

I also put a 11-32 cassette on my bike. That's probably WAY more gear than I need for Japan's hills, but I'm not taking any chances.

8min Z4 in the middle.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2500.00 meters
  • -----

There was a 500m bonus set, but I was sick of crashing into people (my pool--all pools in Indonesia--are always open swim, no lane lines, this one hasn't any black lines on the bottom either).

Mostly a drill and technique day. Too tired to write deets.

Run #2
  • 15m 15s
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie after swim. 'Cause that's how I roll mental.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Sport #1
  • Yoga
  • 11m

I feel kinda stupid adding 11 minutes of yoga, but there you have it. *grin*

Not only did I need a rest day, but the dentist ripped my lower hindmost molar apart ... OW OW OW OW ... and I am NOT feeling the workout love today.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 15m

Sometimes, you just need a bit more yoga to soothe body, soul, and keep the joint gremlins at bay.

So I know not everybody here is on FB and fercryinoutloud no one on Earth should have to scroll through all that crap anyway, so I'll just post the pics I post on there here, too.

18 DAYS TO IRONMAN JAPAN!

This is me with my high-school varsity swim bag. Can't believe I still have it ... can't believe it still works!

Swim #1
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Dryland swim cords

Bike
  • 54m
  • -----
  • -----

Smooth warmup spinny for the long run.

Run
  • 2h 30m 07s
  • -----
  • -----

Last 10min aquajogging.

Swim #2
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Nice strong straight swim with bungee cords in the pool to finish up the long run multi-brick.

I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE OMIGOD I'M DONE!!!

I survived Peak Week! TAAAAAAPER TIME!

So, like, 19 days of PMS and hypochondria combined. :) You're laughing because you know it's true.

Bike
  • 2h 04m
  • -----
  • -----

Nice little recovery spinnie. Pink cupcakes make everything better. So does Game of Thrones, because in a most entertaining way it's sympathetic to how fucked up families can be.

Run #1
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

My little beloved wee tranny.

Run #2
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Well, this really was a run, but it kind of involved ducks, a cat, a 7-year-old, and dancing around like idiots. Strike the like. Yes, there are photographs. On my friend's camera :)

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Pic o' the day: everything you could possibly need and not really want to know about our family. :)

Me and the 1.99 worth of niece.

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time