If the Fat Crazy Cat Lady Can ...

Sunday - September 15

Saturday - September 14

Sport
  • Golf
  • 2h 00m

Those of you who know me should just about drop dead that the word "golf" appears in this log--but it was Supa Golf! It's like a cross between mini-golf, regular golf, Nerf golf (you guys even have that?), and an Easter egg hunt. Pouring rain and most of the time was spent climbing up and down steep grass embankments and bush-diving (the still-fun but less-fun kind) for lost balls.

Whose idea was it to give the blind guy the GREEN ball when we were playing on fairways all day long??

Oh. Whoops. Mine.

Friday - September 13

Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Aquajoggie in a heated (meaning still a lot colder than your average Indonesian!) pool. Bliss. After the swim, of course ...

Swim
  • 1h 30m
  • 4300.00 meters
  • -----

Okay. I realize this is kind of vomitous, but honestly it was the perfect long smooth stretch-out for my very first anything back.

8x500m
1-2 75 free/25 stroke
3-4 2 x (50 kick hard / 250 swim)
5-6 250 pull / 250 swim
7-8 moderate effort
300 CD 2 x (50 horizontal scull / 100 swim)

Really nice to work out with a real squad again ... we're just going to completely ignore that I was the slowest swimmer in the slowest lane.

Chatted with the coach afterward and he gulped and exclaimed, "I didn't realize it was your first session back after serious injury--I shouldn't have let you do that much!" I assured him it was a perfect session and I felt great ... he looked at Kingsley and muttered, "You two do make the perfect pair."

Sport #1
  • Hiking
  • 1h 00m

Hiking would be a generous word to use for this exquisitely delightful picture-taking waddle in a beautiful national park along a trail, but it wasn't exactly walking, either.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 22m

Water yoga ooohhhhmmmm

Thursday - September 12

KINGSLEY!!!

Wednesday - September 11

Travel day to Bali. Tomorrow is travel day to PERTH TO SEE KINGSLEY!!!

Tuesday - September 10

Bike
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

On the plastic stationary, NCIS ... wheeee couldn't help going just a teeny teeny bit faster than slow circles for all of about ... three minutes. Maybe four.

Sport #1
  • Meditation
  • 20m
Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 1h 10m

Walking with Mutti. Christ in a RACECAR that woman wears me out.

Sport #3
  • Yoga
  • 15m

Monday - September 9

Bike
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Wheeeeeee! Round and round on the plastic stationary (at least I was watching NCIS) at resistance level 1 ... I think that means appropriate for 1-year-olds.

Run
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

9:30 of aquajogging ... 0:30 of one-legged aquahopping.

There is something still very, very wrong with my left calf. I'magonna get it X-rayed and poked at (I'll scream, it's that bad) tomorrow. It's not so bad on land (as long as I don't move too fast or go down or up stairs) but it's actually really painful in a no-gravity situation!

Swim
  • 10m 14s
  • -----
  • -----

3-legged-dogpaddle ... don't ask. Actually, all head-up pull drills. Not easy! Short otter, dogpaddle, Tarzan (sans yodel) ...

It just felt really good to pee in a pool again.

Sport #1
  • Meditation
  • 30m

Meditation, Medication, and Me

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • -----

Ohhhhhmmmmmm

Crocs and swimsuit?!?! Well, they are perfectly appropriate attire, considering.

Today was the first day I was completely concussion symptom-free (yesterday she's dying of strep, today she's up and at 'em), so today it was. You think I'd wait a day, but ... that's you. Clearly, I don't think.

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned