Bike
  • 1h 35m 33s
  • -----
  • -----

Did. Not. Want. Wasn't sure if tired and needed rest or stim of some good O2 training ... so I started it in running shorts and Crocs. Felt good after warmup so switched to ... see below :) went great and able to put in real quality sets.

Swim
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim cords. Take that, ye damned rubber!

Sport
  • Stationary Biking
  • 11m

Gooood morning!

Big times in Yantiland! Andrew and John, hilarious podcast that hit top of endurance charts--featuring yours truly this week http://www.imyearone.com/.

More importantly, they included a great plug for SENTINEL tracker; it's unique, cheap, and secure. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sentinel-tracker/x/4326884. Please buy in for free service (or keep depending on the ever trusty race trackers, heh) ... it's truly different from anything else out there. And please spread the word, beyond athletes--anyone or any entity who doesn't want everyone having easy access to their personal information or whereabouts, so parents for their kids, lone trainers, campers, hikers, people who want to keep track of members of a traveling group or in unfamiliar places, event managers.

Run
  • 34m 31s
  • -----
  • -----
Swim
  • 1h 05m
  • 2500.00 meters
  • -----

Ouch. Well, for the fact this was a time trial session, the results are not horribly disappointing especially considering the pool!
WU: 200 EZ, 150 pull, 150 kick, 200 mod
DS: 25 6/1/6, 50 6/3/6, 25 6/5/6.
4 x 50 25 scull/25 free
2 x 100 50 EZ/50 fast
MS: 400 time trial, 2 x 100 recovery, 200 time trial, 100 recovery
KS: 200 IM kick
CD: 200 EZ stroke/free

400 @ 6:28, 200 @ 3:08 gives me a Critical Swim Speed of 1:40/100m in this particular 25m pool. Seriously, the conditions are so vastly different in each pool here (and then also so much better in Kingsley's!) that I'll need to do one of these for each different pool.

Strength
  • 12m

Yoga

Sport #1
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 15m

After the swim. 'Cause that's how I ro....aquajog. :)

Sport #2
  • Stationary Biking
  • 05m

Good morning TITS!

Today's neon lunacy. Yes. You're welcome for the wake-up call ;)

Bike
  • 48m 30s
  • -----
  • -----

This was supposed to be some specific kind of bike but it pretty much just turned into a recovery spin some time after the run.

Run
  • 45m 10s
  • 6.00 kms
  • 07m 31s /KM

"long" run for the week (Barry 3-2-1). What's deceptive, though, is that the run is straight down and then straight up on an incline steep enough that it's very difficult to get a road bike up (or a manual car without stalling).

Sport #1
  • Stationary Biking
  • 10m

Good morning!

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 10m

Post-brunch neighborhood wander.

Bike
  • 1h 46m 08s
  • -----
  • -----
Run
  • 15m 03s
  • -----
  • -----
Strength
  • 10m
Sport
  • Stationary Biking
  • 12m

The morning wake up call.

Bike
  • 36m 21s
  • -----
  • -----

Hard, higher cadence after a short warmup and then cool-down to the FINE PIGLETS of the GRAND PRIX SAMYN in Belgium, another spring classic. Hardest I could have ridden if it were for an hour (without running after).

Run
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

'Round the hood--chatted with so many friends! I love it here.

Swim #1
  • 1h 10m
  • 3000.00 meters
  • -----

This was a little more how yesterday was supposed to go.
WU: 300 free
2x200 as 100 pull, 50 kick, 50 swim
MS: 7x300 as
100 free descending stroke @2:00 (got to 5/25m by the end. I'm so awesome. BAHAHA)
4x50 @1:10 25 drill, 25 swim (incorporate)
(last drill set 25 IM stroke, 25 free)
CD: 200 EZ free/stroke

Swim #2
  • 05m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim cords when I got home. Again, tried for 10, but 5 is great, especially right post-swim (actually how it's supposed to be done a la Sheila).

Sport #1
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 10m
Sport #2
  • Stationary Biking
  • 10m

The morning wake-up call. Logging it as a sport because it's not part of bike training.

Bike #1
  • 10m 30s
  • -----
  • -----

Morning nekkid wakeup. Invaluable in Kingsley's absence. Then again, Kingsley is afraid of me in the mornings. Rightly so.

Bike #2
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Post-dinner spin instead of walk. I get eaten out there if it's dark and dengue's on the rampage again here in Bali (and still in Jakarta).

Run
  • 30m 03s
  • -----
  • -----

Sunset run. Such beautiful small stork-like birds but in colors of white, flamingo pink and black flying in flocks overhead.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • -----

There was how this swim was supposed to go, and then there was how this swim actually went. It didn't help that the pool was the consistency, temperature, and taste of bad soup. At least the water level was nearly to the edge--that is, a yard high (level is a meter). When it's low, it's a great training pool for beginners. Yeah, the chop makes your form kinda go to shit, but you gotta try harder to hold your shit together--plus, unless you keep a high elbow underwater, or if your legs sink, your appendages will be dragging on the bottom.

WU: 400 as 50 I.M. stroke/50 free
DS: 2x300 as 100 kick/100 pull/50 drill/50 swim (drills: 6/3/6 and hor'z scull)
MS: 4x150 as 100 descending stroke count but fast @2:00, 50 EZ @1:00. Started at 10/25m, 7 by last.
KS: 200 IM kick
CD: 100 EZ pull breathe 3, 100 EZ swim stroke/free

Before I left for Perth in January, I looked EVERYWHERE for my "good" training goggles. Today, I found them in my swim bag. WTF were they exactly where you would expect them to be? I don't operate like that!

Strength
  • 25m

Actually yoga, but that's exactly what I do it for (and easier visually to see the balance and addition of strength training on the graph this way).

My joints and body were CRYING out for this. I really cannot afford to let it slip, especially when I'm upping training! Must! Learn!

Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 10m

That's what I do after I swim. Swapped it for a 10-min postprandial waddle. Now aquajogging is harder than an equivalent-land run, both physically and mentally. I'd say 10min solid aquajogging is still harder than 15min easy running. But not as hard as 20.

Swim cords, conversely, are RIDICULOUSLY harder than swimming. Those who do, know.

This is the pool I often train at in Bali. Note that filters blowing water into the pool will blow you both down the pool (at least current is +/- equally) but also across. Pool is less than 1m deep, no gutters. FUN!

Bike #1
  • 10m 02s
  • -----
  • -----

Just a nekkid cycle (okay, flipflops) when I woke up to get the blood moving. Already better than yesterday but I have to get physically going (in an easy way) to get the mind even remotely conscious.

Bike #2
  • 1h 01m 02s
  • -----
  • -----

To the piglets of one of the spring classics! And a classic rider won it. :) What a show. It was awesome. Riding about half spin, half hard today in intervals.

Run
  • 30m 05s
  • 3.50 kms
  • 08m 35s /KM
Swim
  • 05m
  • -----
  • -----

Really wanted to go for 10, but again, 5 was it.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 10m 12s

Post-breakfast walk. I'm walking for 10 minutes after every major meal. Why? Because it's good for you. And I saw so many beautiful butterflies, of every kind! Orange with black, lime green, yellow, white, black with iridescent green-blue ribbons, plain old brown ... just hauntingly lovely. I guess it's the season for them. Spring? End of rainy season?

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 10m

Post-lunch walk.

In the evening now ... I would take my newly customary postprandial waddle, but that would require putting on clothes, and I'm just not that fond of clothes.

IndoIronYanti's Training Log

March 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
Time
  • Ironman Western Australia (Triathlon)