Bike
  • 2h 36m
  • 62.80 kms
  • 24.15 KM/hr

Great weather and perfect ride on MTB.
On the lakefront trail had a pleasure to pass few people on their tri bikes, the last one was in aero and sweating. I made sure I was pedaling slow and was really upright to magnify the humiliation... I can be a bastard sometimes.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Park fun.

Going to get some bread, TGIF! This time on MTB, I have no heart taking a delicate bike through the city holes.

Run
  • 08m 50s
  • 1.72 kms
  • 05m 08s /KM

Brick. Again left the bike at the Benton Harbour and ran to the McCormick fountain and back.

Bike
  • 1h 53m
  • 51.12 kms
  • 27.14 KM/hr

Steady uneventful ride, was thinking about other things and as a result don't remember much of it.

Cloudy, but no rain and no wind.

Bike
  • 40m
  • 12.00 kms
  • 18.00 KM/hr

Commuting to the beach and back. This time my brother took my MTB since he still hasn't fixed his pedal.

Swim
  • 24m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 24s /100 meters

OWS again.
Very choppy (way beyond ripples on my scale...) and the way out was a survivor swim. Drank gallons of water and the form was all over the place. Tried my back stroke and it was surprisingly good and 'dry'. I really think my back stroke is far mor efficient then anything else, so much easier to keep the body parallel and near the surface.
At the buoy waited for my brother, then downwind back in almost half the time.

Strength
  • 30m

5 usual combo sets with 25# weights, pushups and squats.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Park and store. This walking makes my feet hurt!

Run
  • 58m 59s
  • 10.02 kms
  • 05m 53s /KM

Hot, hot, hot. Didn't feel like doing it, but it's good to keep the discipline.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Park and LBS. 6kms on the clock so I'll log 1hr.

I think I'm catching watever my wife had. Low on energy, this walk was painful.

----------

Today will have to play by ear, wife not feeling good and specifically asked me not to go anywhere in the morning, we need another trip to the Colombian consulate etc. See what happens. 

Bike
  • 40m
  • 12.00 kms
  • 18.00 KM/hr

MTB commuting.

Swim
  • 54m 26s
  • 2292.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

Perfect weather, no ripples (I don't like ripples).
At half way through I was beginning to feel lower back pain and on the way back tried the back stroke few times to change the position. I think my back stroke speed is equal to my freestyle, I should maybe make it a permanent fixture.

As I was changing after the swim near the bike a girl comes, locks her bike and takes her clothes off. I almost died, she was a total knock out, bikini model, drop dead gorgeous, holy crap (no, she didn't ask me to help her zip up the wetsuit, but I got a smile).

Bike
  • 40m
  • 12.00 kms
  • 18.00 KM/hr

MTB commuting to the beach and back.

Swim
  • 19m 30s
  • 850.00 meters
  • 02m 17s /100 meters

I was watching my brother more than swimming myself. This was his first swim this year (Aug 30 is our triathlon...).

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Park fun.

Few weeks ago when my brother got his bike out for the first time this year, his pedal was squeeking badly and I told him to just tighten the nut holding it. Well, he took a can of WD40 instead and sprayed it. It stopped squeeking for sure, but today as we're cruising to the beach, the pedal fell off! So all the way he was pedaling with one pedal only holding the other one in his hand.... He's a classic!

----------

Going for a swim with my brother.

Run
  • 3h 02m
  • 30.01 kms
  • 06m 04s /KM

Another one of those long ones. 9:1 all the way till the last 5k, then was pretty tired (the nutrition consisted of Gatorade only) and walked a bit more. Was hoping to get 3hrs or less, but I'll take it.
My feet are tired... the right ankle hurts, but still works, the knees are a bit stiff. Other than that I'm fine.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Park duties/fun. Actually I already forgot about the run today...

The rules for wearing race t-shirts are here, I'm learning.

----------

Had a Heineken after the run. Maybe I should look into the hash harriers?

----------

06:03 I think it's time for a run, too overcast and possible rain anytime to drag the bike out. Maybe tomorrow.

markz's Training Log

July 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals