Run #5
  • 3h 37m 25s
  • 12.62 miles
  • 17m 14s /Mi
Run #6
  • 4h 03m 32s
  • 12.67 miles
  • 19m 13s /Mi

Holy Shit Balls.....I leave in the am!!!! Have been icing and stretching the hammies and glutes and hip feeling about 50% better so hoping by saturday to be a little better then that.....then maybe the pain wont start till about mile 20 and will only have 80 to fight it.....thinking of the positives!!! Emotions are up and down, self doubt comes in then I tell it to kiss my ass. I question why did you decide you wanted to do 100 miles....and I answer because you want to see if you can. I question and know its gonna hurt but I look at the 3 50's I did last year and even though they hurt and I would ask myself could you go another 50 the answer was no but I did find out thru my mentor and idol marshall Ulrich that those are all normal thoughts that he never ever thinks after a 50 he could go further he just does. I know my training has had some low miles trying to get things to heal which I do feel will help in the long run I hope.....I feel if I didnt let things recover some there is no way i could even toe that line on Saturday.....hell the 8 miles last saturday was terrible pain in the ass and hammie and I just thought fuck u gotta go 92 more miles next week. This month was some solid training Im glad i had the 2 weekends in a row with the 20 sat 30 sun and the following weekend with the double marathons plus added walking after that sundays marathon. I know many folks with lots less training who have finish their 100, i know people with much more training then I who have not. There are tons and tons of training plans and according to some my training was fine and according to others it was too low....Im going with those that is was fine!!!!  My mind still cant help but think about the time involved and getting tired, sleepy tired but I'll deal with it one lap at a time, one aid station at a time and fight with my heart for the finish line.

Oh and i have a big zit on my chin???

What an evening went to the dairy bar with a friend this evening and as he was walking the food back to the car I rolled down the window to grab some out of his hands the window that was busted out and fixed a couple months ago-haven't had to roll it down before well it won't go back up and of course nobody is open and I'm leaving at 7:30am. A friends ex owns a body shop and they r going to try to get it up around 7am for me...if not hoping mom will let me use her car. Came home started foam rolling and Andi the dog trompled all over my head and his leg busted my eye-immediately it became the size of a large marble and it looks like I may be running my first 100 miler with a black eye!!! Love it
Bike
  • 45m
  • 13.50 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr
Run
  • 1h 01m 16s
  • 5.01 miles
  • 12m 14s /Mi
spin class and circuit didnt work myself too hard as my hammie and glute is terrible.  Decided to take some oxycodone for pain with me to the run in case i need something stronger and went ahead and took one today to see if it would take the edge off while I also see how it will effect me. Im not a good one to take pain meds usually just can ignore it. Not sure what the best thing to do this week is yet.....would like to go out with my asics for just a 5 miler to be sure I want to start with the Hokas instead of the Asics....the Asics I wore at the trail marathon a couple weeks ago and my hammie and glute were bad during it so the next day when i did the road marathon I wore the Hokas and didnt feel it as bad? So every run since i've done in the hokas but still having lots of pain even with 8 milers. Hate to drive way out to the forest for just 5 miles but will do it tomorrow or this afternoon when I get off just to see. Im thinking it would be best this afternoon then just take the rest of the week off from running and that way I will know today which shoes i want to start with. Will bring them all.

Jungle Jenn's Training Log

April 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals