Run
  • 1h 00m 35s
  • 6.18 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

Worman's Mill
Wow. Wish I had worn gloves this morning.

BBQ tuesday night, thought I'd sleep in a bit and get a short run in Wednesday morning and not care if I got to work a bit later. Ooops, then I remembered that we had a CM3 meeting at 8. Very important meeting so I didn't even get a short run in. Then the BBQ at Chris' last night so two consecutive days with no runs and too much eating and drinking. Time to get serious again.

So the legs were rested but sluggish this morning

Sport
  • 21 Day
  • 30m

Upper body
Decided that the legs really need to rest so am doing upper body today even though our euchre bbq is tonight and I know I will not get another workout in today,

Run #1
  • 1h 05m 52s
  • 6.10 miles
  • 10m 47s /Mi

Worman's Mill
Legs are tired. Was feeling twinge in right calf so pulled it back some (not that I was speeding to begin with).

Run #2
  • 31m 47s
  • 2.71 miles
  • 11m 43s /Mi

Worman's Mill
The idea was to get in another 6 miles tonight. Have a euchre bbq tomorrow night, and a work bbq at Chris' on Wednesday so two evening workouts missed plus too much food (and I was 119 this morning). But the legs were just really fatigued. I decided to be smart and that rest was more important that putting up bigger numbers.
Decided to head home and do the ab workout.

Sport
  • 21 Day
  • 10m

Abs
Yuk!

Run
  • 4h 05m 33s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 13m 23s /Mi

C&O Canal
Point of Rocks
Don't think I have ever run 20 the day after running 30! And my legs felt pretty good. They felt real good for the first 12.
Went in the 'wet' direction out 6 and back. I really enjoyed this part of the run. Odd, usually I don't like this direction. Then stopped at the car and ate 3/4 of an uncrustable. It was 85 degrees and humid. The heat had not bothered me until I stopped at the car. And then eating too, I had a rough time getting going again. But I was able to keep myself relaxed by telling myself that if I just keep moving forward, I WILL get it done and all will be fine. Just really short run/walks. Finally got back into some rhythm but never felt as good as I had early.

Wanted to start this run at the break of dawn again but today was the neighborhood yard sale and I decided to put some stuff out and do the yard sale thing. Therefore, I didn't get started until late and got the heat of the day. The good news is that I sold the rest of Herb's uniforms for 100.

Proud of today's run. Tomorrow is tubing so the legs get to just dangle in the river instead of running.

jkholden's Training Log

July 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals