Let the 2014 Season begin!

Saturday - October 20

Swim
  • 1h 22m 11s
  • 4224.00 yards
  • 01m 57s /100 yards

Great Floridian Ultra Distance swim, Inverted triangle course, 2 laps, short run on beach in between laps.

Bike
  • 6h 43m 23s
  • 112.00 miles
  • 16.66 Mi/hr

T1: 9:52

Great Floridian Ultra Distance bike, 3 loops w/one up Sugarloaf Mountain

Run
  • 4h 37m 37s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 10m 36s /Mi

T2: 14:47

Great Floridian Ultra Distance run course, 3 out and back on paved hiker/biker trail.

5:50 PM Oct 23. Backlogging and I'll write more on this in a race report. But, I've put in some overall comments in my 10/23 log entry this evening.

• Calories out: 10561 From lifestyle:1926, From activities:8634
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4

Friday - October 19

Thursday - October 18

Wednesday - October 17

Leaving very soon to start the drive south to the race site. Probably no computer available when I'm there so not sure if I'll get to post until after the race. Thanks to all for the inspires! They REALLY mean a LOT! I'll let you know how it went when I get back....C ya!!

Tuesday - October 16

Bike
  • 37m 45s
  • 10.14 miles
  • 16.12 Mi/hr

Short ride in the Middletown Valley

More later I hope... Less than 4 days! My race number is 163 Gosh, it's been a hectic day!! It's 8:25 PM and I'm still not ready to go. Due to a LOT of unforeseen events today, I didn't have the time I would've liked to have had to take my time getting errands done and then packing the car. So, my stress levels much higher than it normally would be. Anyway, took care of things best as I could and will start packing the car momentarily. One of the things that happened was that my car acted up yesterday and I took it back to the shop. They didn't find anything and couldn't reproduce it. They thought it might be something that had several more months to go before it really became a problem. Anyway, since I had to get my car, I took the opportunity for a short bike ride in the valley. Chilly and I had to put arm warmers on, but nice otherwise even with some wind. So I head out early to head south and hope to make it to GA tomorrow evening. Head to race site on Thursday for check-in, drive the bike course, maybe short bike ride, and athlete's pasta dinner party later. Friday: bike and gear check-in. Relax before the race Sat: RACE!!! Thanks for all your support folks!! I'll write more entry tomorrow morning.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - October 15

Swim
  • 23m 37s
  • 1093.61 yards
  • -----

w/u 100
7 x 100
c/d 50 breast, 150 alternate breast 25/free 25

Strength
  • 12m

Hammer dumbbell curls, cable routine, hamstrings...2 sets each, RI :30-1 min if needed

Last short swim and weights before Sat's race. Might do a test swim in the lake on Friday, but more than likely probably won't. Nothing special tonight, just tapering and had enough time to do eight 100s plus some cool down laps before the pool closed. Then quick strength session. Then after that, used a tri friends Recovery Pump system to massage my legs and hopefully get the toxins out before the race on Sat. Used it before Eagleman 2011 and had the best 1/2 marathon run ever! So who knows? It certainly couldn't hurt! Tomorrow I'm hoping I can get a final 1 hour ride in later in the afternoon. A few complications for the day have cropped up unfortunately and it's going to be a busy day tomorrow. Perhaps things will work out okay but at the moment, there are a few really unneeded issues that came up unrelated to preparing for the race. I'll do the best I can. On a positive note, the left abdominal area seems to be getting better. Wed - hopefully, traveling to the race site Thur - arrive at race site. After check-in, will drive the bike course and perhaps do a short 20 min run on the actual course. Depends on left abdominal area. May just leave it be so it will be ready for the race rather than reinjuring it. Attend pre-race pasta dinner/party! Fri - bike and bag check-in. Rest and relax before the race. Sat - RACE!

Sunday - October 14

Bike
  • 2h 19m 57s
  • 41.93 miles
  • 17.98 Mi/hr

On route 194 Walkersville to beyond Taneytown and back

Run
  • 29m 31s
  • 2.46 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Short out and back in Walkersville

Stats taken after workout and before dinner, %water 60.4. As planned, last longish ride before the race. Went on route 194 as it would provide good simulation I hope of the rolling parts of the course. On my tri bike testing out whether there are any remaining issues with the bike after getting it back from the shop. New tires seem to ride nice and they look quite retro seeing how they are white-walled! So, I'll be a bit noticeable out on the course. Still have some back brake squealing, though, and I may ask the shop about this tomorrow or take it in on Tues to see if there's anything else that can be done. It's manageable and hopefully, I don't have to use them very much during the actual race. Had a really nice tailwind going out as I got above 20 mph on average! But...that meant dealing with a headwind practically the entire way back. Still, chalked it up to good training and something I may actually have to deal with on Sat (though weather forecast isn't indicating much of that at present). So, only 16 mph on average coming back, which isn't bad when you consider I didn't have my aero helmet on. Then I went for a VERY easy jog just to get a somewhat brick in while trying not to aggravate this lower left abdominal issue. It was better today. Still, I felt a twinge every now and then. Legs REALLY wanted to go too as they were feeling pretty good. Well, no more of that until maybe Thursday when I will try an easy 20 min on the run course. Mon: quick swim and last weight session before the race. Then use a tri friend's Recovery Pump system to flush the built-up toxins from my legs. At least I hope so. All I know is that after 10 min of that system the day prior to Eagleman 2011, I had one of the best runs of my life! Like chicken soup, it can't hurt. Tuesday: errands, pack, last 1 hour bike ride Wed: Travel day. Hope to make it to GA for first day. Thur: Hopefully arrive at race site in FL, check-in, drive bike course, get a short 20 min run on the course Fri: Bike racking. Prepare for race! Sat: RACE!!

• Calories out: 4234 From lifestyle:2265, From activities:1970
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

sbrdave's Training Log

October 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races