It's all about the journey

Thursday - October 3

Bike
  • 1h 52m 41s
  • 31.03 miles
  • 16.52 Mi/hr

Out to Putnam, to Black Mill, back on Hessong Bridge, Utica, loop around to Moutaindale and Oppossumtown.

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 60.2. Had a fairly rough night as I was very congested I think from the pool water and had to take an allergy med just for some relief. Well, that zonked me out and I woke with a headache in the middle of the night. Took some IB and good to go in the morning though moved a bit slow to start. Still, felt okay after morning coffee.

As planned got out for a fairly nice bike ride on my tri bike. As I got the back tire replaced yesterday, wanted to give it a spin before Sunday's race and make sure nothing needed adjusting. Nice day once again to get out and decided to make it a bit longer since I had the time. Also, got a bit of hill work on Putnam too. Got out to Black Mill and thought about going a bit longer but decided against it as it was probably good to get back when there was more light out. Fairly fast ride relatively speaking on the tri bike too. Felt fairly strong as well. Last bike before the race.

Friday: thinking pool in the morning so I can head off any allergic reaction early, then a light run at Ft D before getting with friends for "Furlough Friday", referring to the really crazy gov't shutdown that's in progress right now. I'm not complaining too much just yet as I have work to do at home. But, it's hurting my co-workers and friends who are gov't folks. So, hopefully ends soon.

Sat: packet pickup, bike racking, and race meeting

Sun: RACE!

• Calories out: 3709 From lifestyle:2311, From activities:1397
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

Wednesday - October 2

Swim
  • 32m 39s
  • 1531.06 yards
  • -----

w/u 100 breast
12 x 100 free RI :15
c/d 100 breast

Run
  • 54m 58s
  • 6.76 miles
  • 08m 07s /Mi

Ft D loop in reverse

Strength
  • 11m

Quick session, mini circuit major muscle groups, RI :45 if needed

Stats taken after run and before lunch, %water 60....see, anomaly for the weight and this may be a trend reading for %BF and %water. Decided to get everything done in the afternoon since it was going to be very warm and sunny with temps in the mid-80s. I also took my bike over to Bike Doctor to get a new back tire as the one I had on was kinda worn. I think I'd be okay on Sunday, but I didn't need to chance anything. Then first up was my swim and as indicated, decided on 12 100s for the main set. These went okay but I thought I pushing too much for the lap time I was getting. Probably just out of practice. As I was working from home again, I didn't want to spend an over amount of time with my workouts today and already behind from getting the tire and talking to a few folks I saw at the pool. So, very quick with the strength session, and then I sped things up and pushed on the run. It REALLY was nice to get out once again with it being very warm and sunny! I loved it! Good run!

Tomorrow: Looks like I'll still be working from home and all this week. So, tomorrow after work, I intend to ride my tri bike and test out the back tire.

Fri: light swim (700) and light run (3-5)

Sat: rest day, packet pickup, bike racking

• Calories out: 3371 From lifestyle:2322, From activities:1049
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Tuesday - October 1

Bike
  • 1h 13m 26s
  • 19.60 miles
  • 16.01 Mi/hr

Out to Mountaindale and back

Welcome to October! My, oh MY - MANY GREEN SQUARES ON THE CALENDAR for this month! If the gym is open and not affected by the gov't shutdown, try for swim, weights, and run or bike today. If not, I guess just a run or a bike. But not starting off well as I've still got a nagging headache that I had yesterday. Something to do with my upper right jaw and teeth I think...get this sometimes. Well, perhaps chiropractor visit will help. More later...

I was not doing so well most of the day as I had this nagging headache and also felt tired after work today. So, didn't feel like a swim, weights, or run, and I was actually considering not doing anything at all. But the sun was shining and it was warm out! So, I decided I should at least try to get out for a bike ride. And it quite pleasant plus the warmth helped as well. Enjoyed the ride though I didn't go out for too long. Stats taken after the ride, %water 59.9. Not sure why the weight is up there other than the fact that I really did eat quite a bit last evening plus ate a good amount of cereal today. I've seen anomalies like this before. Probably back down to in the 150s next few days.

If the gov't is still shut down tomorrow, perhaps I can do the swim, weights, and run I was considering today.

Will take Thurs and Friday as they come

Sat: packet pickup, bike racking, and athlete's briefing

• Calories out: 3318 From lifestyle:2388, From activities:931
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4

Monday - September 30

Sunday - September 29

Run
  • 3h 24m 26s
  • 20.25 miles
  • 10m 05s /Mi

On the C&O Canal MP 48-38 and back plus a bit more in the beginning to MP 48

Stats taken after run and before dinner, %water 59.8 (maybe a trend reading but I still could be dehydrated for the weight). As planned, 20 mile run on the C&O Canal today. Nice early Fall day for it too with temps in the low 70s to start and fairly sunny. I would've enjoyed the run more but my left big toe seems like it's rubbing or something against my shoe. So it was pretty much annoying me the whole time. Kept this at a fairly consistent 10 pace most of the time. Seemed to be sore going out before the turnaround too. But, was able to maintain. Definitely got tired after 16-17 miles and I was glad to be done with the run as my feet were bothering me. Longest run since the Harrisburg Marathon back in November.

Tomorrow - down day

Tues - swim, weights, run

Wed - evening ride

Thur - weights and run

Fri - swim and bike

Sat - packet pickup, bike racking, athlete meeting

Sun- Half Full 40 tri!!

• Calories out: 4358 From lifestyle:2250, From activities:2108
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - September 28

Woke up with a bad headache and that turned into a migraine later. So, nothing today. Hopefully, I'll be okay tomorrow when I want to run this 20-miler. More then.

Friday - September 27

Bike
  • 1h 11m 41s
  • 19.28 miles
  • 16.14 Mi/hr

Out to Mountaindale and back again

Strength
  • 16m

Normal routine of mini circuits and supersets, 2 sets each, primary muscles, 15-20 reps if possible, RI :30-1 min

Due to work going over and other personal life issues, only had enough time to do the recorded activities. So skipped the swim for today and not a lot of time to ride due to the time I got started. And just went out to Mountaindale again. Got back as it was early twilight. At least I got out.

Lately, I think the cold weather is starting to get me down. I may also be reaching being overtrained as I'm losing some interest in doing my workouts. That's usually a sign that I may need to take a few days off. It's just that I do have a few events still to do for the season. Still, it's often better to just take down days versus trying to continue training when you're feeling ho hum about doing the things you enjoy.

Tomorrow, I'm taking down day and perhaps will do something on Monday. Just too much going on.

Sunday: Helping out at women's sprint tri in the morning and then will go to the C&O to do a LSD 20 miler in prep for not only the marathon the next week but the 50K at the end of next month.

Monday: May just take a down day or do something light

Tues: Will see how I feel. Since I have a tri coming up on Sunday, it's probably best I continue my workouts this week. More later.

sbrdave's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• Beach2Battleship Half Iron Distance Triathlon (Triathlon)
    10/25/2014 Wilmington, North Carolina

Totals

• September's totals
  • August's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals